Blogging from the Emerald Princess in the Caribbean

PescadoAmarillo

Glad to hear that you will be continuing your blog from the Emerald. We are hoteling it in Ft. Lauderdale after our 20 days on the Royal.........waiting to board the Emerald tomorrow for 10 days. So looking forward to reading about the rest of your winter after we're home.............it keeps me warm.

Thanks everyone! We will be making our way to the ship in under an hour. I will not be actively following this thread while on the ship, but very much appreciate the nice words and good wishes. See you at sea!

Vickie- friends of ours are on the Royal Princess and said we just miss each other in ports. Have fun!

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

I'm a virgin when it comes to reading your blogs. All I can say is "Wow!" Fun, insightful, reflective and a much needed break from 19 degrees weather here in Omaha. Thanks for doing this. And have a great time enjoying the ship, the sand and surf.

Richard

Thanks everyone! We will be making our way to the ship in under an hour. I will not be actively following this thread while on the ship, but very much appreciate the nice words and good wishes. See you at sea!

Be sure to ask around to see if Darko will be returning to the Emerald once his vacation is over. :D

Hi! I'm loving reading your blog!

You may remember we talked on another thread. We were in the same inside R aft cabin you are in now. We were there for the 1st cruise after dry dock (12/14/15). Then we came home for Christmas week and went back to the Emerald for the New Year's cruise (12/27/15), but in a balcony cabin on Caribe. So, we missed you by a week.

After reading your latest blog post, I wanted to say the cat dander wasn't from us - we don't have pets! Ha ha! Yes, Ambrish is a great cabin steward! One problem we had with the cabin (besides the right after dry dock water temp problems) was with the sticking drawers on the night stand. I used the night stand on the left (by the bed by the stained carpet - also not by us - stain was already there! Wish they had replaced the carpet during dry dock.) Any hoo, the drawers would stick and it was so aggravating to open them every single time! Hopefully it has been fixed?

Thanks steelers, and good luck tonight!

I'll try to answer some questions using the slowest wifi ever on land on the beach in St. Lucia. Yes, there are MUTS blankets but I'm not certain how many because I've seen people covered with towels too. The Caribe balconies appear to have two chairs and the larger table. If I find out differently I'll let you know.

I only have today's Patter with me and there are no exercise classes in the morning on a port days.

I will try to post a pic on my blog of the PES menu from St. Thomas.

That's it for now...between my old eyes and the bright sun, I can't even see what I'm typing.

I'll try to answer some questions using the slowest wifi ever on land on the beach in St. Lucia. Yes, there are MUTS blankets but I'm not certain how many because I've seen people covered with towels too. The Caribe balconies appear to have two chairs and the larger table. If I find out differently I'll let you know.

I only have today's Patter with me and there are no exercise classes in the morning on a port days.

That's it for now...between my old eyes and the bright sun, I can't even see what I'm typing.

Its foggy, snowy and 14. :p

Happy Belated Birthday, Jeanne! 🎂 Your day in Barbados sounded heavenly.

Thanks so much for the info on the coloring book app. It's great fun. I had the actual books back in the late 70's. I love Bookbub too.

Enjoying your threads every morning. Thanks again for deciding to continue your blog.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for the Caribe deck info. With only two chairs I hope there are foot stools too. Great to hear about the large table.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Happy birthday, a day late. . . . You share it with many notables - you know the more famous ones, but also my son, nephew, next door neighbor, and the young lady across the street! Love the way you celebrated.

It looks like we will be joining you (if you stay on for a while longer. . ) as we are booked pretty soon too. From what I am reading on your blog, you think you will be on the Emerald for at least a month more?

Looking forward to meeting in person the woman 'I want to be just like her' in person when I grow up!

Happy New Year! I've fired up my cruise blog again for the second part of our winter at sea. I've also added almost 200 photos to my posts since September (a whole other sport using high speed wifi at home!), if you're interested.

I hope you'll cruise along with us!

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/

Hi

I'm cruising along with you, in as much as I am the Emerald now.

I feel like a groupie, last thing I do at night is read your blog. Fun cruise, lots of great ports.

Showing up in the same places as you are on board- but not meeting.

We met on the Emerald two years ago at a Meet at Greet. Hope we can meet up again. Am in cabin E319.

Happy cruising,

Sandi

Hi J: Thanks for the pic of the PES menu. Candy & I are big fans of the Sushi & on our recent month on the Ruby they had it only once!

The exercise classes that they had in the Fitness room are normally at 7:00 & 7:30 & they do not post it in the Patter. It is on a sheet in the Fitness room.

Candy has attended every day on all are recent Princess cruses & ships. So here's hoping it is good to go on the Emerald as well. See you Monday!

Bob