Blogging from the Emerald Princess in the Caribbean

PescadoAmarillo

Thanks very much everyone! Please be assured that if you are cruising on the Emerald Princess in the Caribbean in the next few months you are in for a treat. Same great crew and service...even the entertainment seemed better than I recall (though my expectations were pretty low). We had cruised the short cruises on the Caribbean Princess last year and thought the crew morale suffered because of the quick turnarounds. I don't expect that we'll see the same on the Emerald Princess unless they change overnight. There has always been something special about this ship.

Since your next trip is going to be a 4 day let us know what they do for the top 20 most traveled people. Cocktail party or complimentary dinner?

The top 10 couples will be receiving a specialty dining voucher for the Crown Grill or Crab Shack. The free vouchers cannot be used at Share or the Salty Dog. I believe that Captains Circle members will receive a free drink voucher also, but am not certain if that applies to Gold and Ruby members.

We will be on the Emerald Princess for the January 23 and January 30 cruises.

I have set up the cruise critic meet and greet for January 24 and Feb 1 at the wheelhouse bar at 10Am, hope you can make it.

It has been great reading your blog everyday leading up to our cruise.

Hi there Pescado Amarillo,

I continue to enjoy your daily blog. I got so excited when you mentioned cruise staffer Maddy/Madison came on board. I sailed on the Crown 28/29 day Hawaii-Samoas-Tahiti 2014 cruise with the best cruise staff ever. She was one of them. She is adorable and a sweetie. Who are your other cruise staff?

I am currently on the Emerald 4 day. Late on Friday night we had an incinerator room fire. Fire crews were called to deck 2 & 3. The Captain called crew to their stations and then kept us all informed every five minutes or so of the status. Passengers were not called to their stations. After a little over an hour the emergency was over and we resumed full speed to Grand Cayman. Everything is on schedule and now headed back to Port Everglades at 21 knots in fairly heavy seas.

Do you happen to know what the cutoff number was for most traveled dinner on the 4 day cruise?

403 days. First, second and third are in my blog post for 1/17/16. Sorry, I forget the numbers right now.

Hi there Pescado Amarillo,

I continue to enjoy your daily blog. I got so excited when you mentioned cruise staffer Maddy/Madison came on board. I sailed on the Crown 28/29 day Hawaii-Samoas-Tahiti 2014 cruise with the best cruise staff ever. She was one of them. She is adorable and a sweetie. Who are your other cruise staff?

She is darling. We also have DCD Karen, Lucy, Yasmin, Ian, Brandon (who leaves next turnaround) and I haven't had any contact with the others.

Was Captain Forteeze saying incinerator room? I thought he was saying incendiary room. Maybe it's the same thing. At any rate, he did an excellent job in keeping us updated, and even provided further information the next day when leaving Grand Cayman (that I didn't hear because I was focused on football). All in all, we were very lucky that it was just a momentary issue.

We were on Riviera in an inside at the absolute most forward position, right against the bridge. You should have heard the crowds flying up and down the bridge access stairs for the hour and a half or so of the fire event. It was frightening to look out in the hallway and see staff in their lifejackets.

Thanks very much everyone! Please be assured that if you are cruising on the Emerald Princess in the Caribbean in the next few months you are in for a treat. Same great crew and service...even the entertainment seemed better than I recall (though my expectations were pretty low). We had cruised the short cruises on the Caribbean Princess last year and thought the crew morale suffered because of the quick turnarounds. I don't expect that we'll see the same on the Emerald Princess unless they change overnight. There has always been something special about this ship.

The top 10 couples will be receiving a specialty dining voucher for the Crown Grill or Crab Shack. The free vouchers cannot be used at Share or the Salty Dog. I believe that Captains Circle members will receive a free drink voucher also, but am not certain if that applies to Gold and Ruby members.

Hi PescadoAmarillo. I don't know if you saw my husband's post to you. Elkhorn 20 fan. has organized a C.C.meet and great for the 23rd and the 30th. We sure do hope you can attend.

Have been loving your post and really enjoy your writing & cruising style. I also have gained a lot of insight on ports and such from looking at your older posts, they are organized really nicely. We are newbies coming on 3/14, any chance you will still be on then?