Blogging from the Emerald Princess in the Caribbean

PescadoAmarillo

Thanka for the comments, and for the BOGO info at Publix. We had planned to get off and take the trolley to the beach today but disembarkation is falling seriously behind right now and we are staying out of the way while it gets sorted out. There are two issues: first, only one gangway could be set up, and ICE is again understaffed. If we do go out, we'll walk down to Publix.

Kiwigal- we generally book a series of cruises B2B the very day they open for booking. Then we cancel cruises at the front or the back of the series as we tighten up our plans.

Saying that, we had cancelled some of these Emerald Princess at final payment. They were just too pricey and we thought the weather at home might be getting better by then anyways. Then the price dropped on one and we added it, but couldn't get our same cabin. I booked a GTY and a week later we were upgraded to an inside on a different deck. Last turnaround I called Princess and asked them to try to get us back in our existing cabin if possible. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we had to move, but it's certainly easier to stay where we are. By the end of the day, I received an email stating that we are now in our current cabin all the way to the end.

Not looking forward to the pillow situation. I HATE soft pillows.

We will be on the Emerald's March 10th 4-nighter. Will you still be on then?

No, I feel certain that we won't. It will be past time to return to the realities of life. I'm sorry we'll miss you. You will have a wonderful cruise, I'm sure.

No, I feel certain that we won't. It will be past time to return to the realities of life. I'm sorry we'll miss you. You will have a wonderful cruise, I'm sure.

I'm sorry to miss you, too. This will be the 2nd time we just missed each other. Earlier this year, we sailed for New Year's in "your" Riviera cabin. It was a great location and we also love Ambrish! :)

P.S. Heck, we are even close to you now! We live in Boca Raton, right by Fort Lauderdale. I'll look for you on the sail-away cam today. :D

Say it isn't so... I will also be on the Emerald on the March 10-14 sailing. I was so hoping to meet you in person!

There are many cabins still available--- you might be able to cut a deal!

Anyways, I hope things have settled down after the bumpy turn-around and the bumpy night aboard.

Take care-

Tracie-Lynn:)

I've been following your blog recently as we prepare for our February 20th cruise! We have been in the deep freeze in New Hampshire and are looking forward to some warm weather. Love the Emerald, have sailed on it once before during our Baltic cruise a couple of summers ago!

We are joining the sailaway get together for our roll call at the Outrigger bar, perhaps we will meet you!

Ellen

• 2 weeks later...

I really think it's about time that they assess a fine to all those people who are more than 15 or 20 minutes late to the B2B immigration walk through line. :mad: It's just not fair to the other hundreds of people waiting on them on the ship & hundreds waiting on line outside the terminal.

This goes on cruise after cruise & there doesn't seem to be any end to it.

As for myself I've given up on going through with the ships group even if it means walking around window shopping which I despise.

DH and I have been reading your blog daily for the past month in preparation for our first Princess experience on the Emerald sailing on 3/5. We love your posts and will be sad when they stop this weekend. Hope you are feeling better!

DH and I have been reading your blog daily for the past month in preparation for our first Princess experience on the Emerald sailing on 3/5. We love your posts and will be sad when they stop this weekend. Hope you are feeling better!

Have you joined our Roll Call? We would love to meet you! Here is the link to the Roll Call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2059578

Edited by TracieABD

Whatever you caught on board must have been going around for some time. My wife & I both caught it (we left the ship on Feb 20th) but it didn't hit us hard till we arrived home.

btw- I tried 2 of the Curtis Stone items also & thought the same as your husband. They didn't fool me into trying the third choice. ;)

I doubt if we'll see them offered next cruising season. It's been one of the worst changes I've seen in the food dept in a long time. :(

Whatever you caught on board must have been going around for some time. My wife & I both caught it (we left the ship on Feb 20th) but it didn't hit us hard till we arrived home. (

I also got sick on the Emerald Princess in February. We boarded on the 6th, a Saturday. I developed a tickle in my throat that caused a little cough on Monday. The next day I was so sick that I stayed in the cabin from Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. until we disembarked on Thursday (with one brief trip to buy a bottle of Robitussin for $12.99 on Wednesday evening). Worst cough I ever had, exhausted, and no appetite at all. I called TelaDoc on Friday morning (doctors available through my employer via phone or email 24 hours a day who can prescribe medications). The doctor told me to go to the ER immediately for a chest x-ray. I had bacterial pneumonia, missed over a week of work, and am still not totally well energy-wise. I was just a few doors down from PescadoAmarillo, who is sick with pneumonia at this time. Hope this is just a coincidence, but it sounds like there is "something going around" the ship.

I also got sick on the Emerald Princess in February. We boarded on the 6th, a Saturday. I developed a tickle in my throat that caused a little cough on Monday. The next day I was so sick that I stayed in the cabin from Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. until we disembarked on Thursday (with one brief trip to buy a bottle of Robitussin for $12.99 on Wednesday evening). Worst cough I ever had, exhausted, and no appetite at all. I called TelaDoc on Friday morning (doctors available through my employer via phone or email 24 hours a day who can prescribe medications). The doctor told me to go to the ER immediately for a chest x-ray. I had bacterial pneumonia, missed over a week of work, and am still not totally well energy-wise. I was just a few doors down from PescadoAmarillo, who is sick with pneumonia at this time. Hope this is just a coincidence, but it sounds like there is "something going around" the ship.

We boarded on the 6th also but our symptoms were no where as bad as yours. It's hard to avoid catching something this time of year.

On your last cruise of the winter.

Hope you feel better by Fri. and Sat.

Enjoy reading your blog as usual, reading

what your doing, eating ect. Love seeing

the pictures too.

Can't wait for your next cruise to read about.

When and where is your next cruise?

WE'RE all waiting to hear! :)

You and Mr.G take care and have a safe trip home.

Jeannie, I found your blog at Christmas time and have loved reading it each day. It is almost like being there and experiencing what you are doing. You are a wonderful writer. Hope you are feeling much better soon. We were on the Veendam going through the Panama Canal two years ago and the chest cold/pneumonia went through the ship with the bug. Our friend went home with pneumonia.

Wishing both you and G a wonderful summer and will look forward to your next adventure.

Thank you for the kind words and good wishes. I am seeing some real improvement today, probably because I finally gave in and simply stayed down yesterday. I should be fine for travel Saturday, and despite the disappointment that I spent so much of this cruise under the weather, am glad I was on the ship and not facing the first week at home.

Thank you for the kind words and good wishes. I am seeing some real improvement today, probably because I finally gave in and simply stayed down yesterday. I should be fine for travel Saturday, and despite the disappointment that I spent so much of this cruise under the weather, am glad I was on the ship and not facing the first week at home.

Enjoy your summer. Have been following your blog for several years. I'll bet after you are feeling better you and G will start planning your next adventure.

I, too have been enjoying your blog for several years. I love your writing style, you make all of the cruises seem like so much fun and I can just picture everything. I can't wait until we hear your plans for your next adventure. Thanks for taking the time to write.

I loved your blog. I kept reading to see if you would be staying on for the Emerald's April 2 TA. I did see that you said there were great deals so I wouldn't be surprised to see you onboard.

We snagged one of those great deals. Your blog had me taking notes of some things that I want to try while we are onboard.

We love the Emerald. She is our favorite ship. Part of it may be sentimental as we brought her back on her maiden TA from Venice to FLL for our honeymoon. We are always happy on her. We are very excited that four weeks from today we'll be on our way to FLL.

Hope to meet you sometime on a future cruise.

Kari

PS....the Broncos post season was awesome, right??

Jeannie, you are an amazing writer! I have been following you since September and thanks to you, I almost feel that I was there with you. You and G are wonderful travelers and certainly get the most out of your travels. I am surely going to miss you in my daily reads!!!! Can't wait to find you once again, on the road!!! Hope you feel better, being sick while traveling is no fun! Wishing you and G safe travels home!:D

Jeannie, happy to hear you are feeling a bit better. I hope you are having a fabulous day in Princess Cay. Try to not do too much once you get back home until you are feeling 100%.

Until your next adventure,

Cheers, Denise

Is it wrong that I am feeling sad...like the end of my own vacation is coming? I just found the blog this winter and read it religiously every day. We are coming onboard the Emerald Princess in about a week and I feel like I have gained so much knowledge. Thank you for sharing your travel "diary" with us.