Blogging from the Emerald Princess in the Caribbean

PescadoAmarillo

What about the 3/5 sailing?

Hi! We're not currently booked on it, but we've already extended once since we've been on the ship.

As for the 2/7 roll call, I may not make it, but not because of disinterest. There is a sporting event that day that may have me camped out in a lounge chair by the Calypso pool from the very second the chair is set up by a deck steward that morning.

;)

Hi Jeannie

I'm reading your blog and enjoying "traveling" along with you.

If you'll defect over to the Royal on February 22nd I'll be happy to do the chocolate wine tasting with you. I don't think I can get Allan to go, either , so it would be nice to have a partner.

One question - I heard Princess has stopped giving the little glass shot glasses at the Grapevine wine tasting. Is that true?

Do they still have them for the lemoncello on Italian night?

(Not sure why I want to know - i only have 3 of each. :p )

Hi to Greg! :D

Hi! We're not currently booked on it, but we've already extended once since we've been on the ship.

As for the 2/7 roll call, I may not make it, but not because of disinterest. There is a sporting event that day that may have me camped out in a lounge chair by the Calypso pool from the very second the chair is set up by a deck steward that morning.

;)

We'll be "camping out" also. :D

How have the cutoff numbers been running for the MT events? :confused:

If you follow along with the blog, optimal seating for the big game will take priority over everything else that day. :)

Is enforcing the rule that day of not saving chairs and are clearing them at 4 pm.That is what our group coordinator from Princess said

The last time we got Grapevine shot glasses was February of 2015. We've stopped attending Grapevine even though as Elites, its free for us. The amount of the wine samples and the formal presentation have also been abbreviated. You do get the shot glasses in the MDR with the purchase of Limoncello.

Edited by Zooguy

;)

After following you all these years and reading your blogs, would be fun to see you on board. Hope you extend one more time!

Enjoy the rest of your cruises!!

The last time we got Grapevine shot glasses was February of 2015. We've stopped attending Grapevine even though as Elites, its free for us. The amount of the wine samples and the formal presentation have also been abbreviated. You do get the shot glasses in the MDR with the purchase of Limoncello.

IMO- For what they give you, their wines are not worth the trouble.

Imagine the DR must be fairly empty these days. ;)

Karen, I don't see a defection in our near term future. It would require two cancellations and two nights in a Fort Lauderdale hotel. But I would certainly enjoy sharing wine and chocolate with you! I'll give G your regards; please deliver mine to Allan.

Is enforcing the rule that day of not saving chairs and are clearing them at 4 pm.That is what our group coordinator from Princess said

They've done a wonderful job of removing items used to save chairs during the playoff and divisional championship games this year, and while they may choose to clear the pool area at 4pm, I cannot imagine how the logistics of that would work. Who gets first choice of seats at 4pm? In past Super Bowls, chairs have been occupied the entire day, from 7am on, in anticipation of the 6:30pm game...and those have been on port days. This year's game will be on a sea day on the Emerald Princess.

Damn. There goes my eyelid again. Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!

I agree, I don't see how they could clear seats when many will have them and be in them for the game.

They won't deal with chair hogs so this seems way off base for them.

Happy New Year Jeannie &

Greg!

I've been following your blog and have loved reading it every day. Karen, her mom Anne , Sheila and I (we met a few years ago on the Christmas Emerald cruise) cruised together again this year on the Regal Christmas/New Years. It was fabulous and so hard to come home to the cold Ohio weather. I'll be cheering on the Broncos on Super Bowl Sunday! Any team that beats New England deserves to win it all. Enjoy those precious days left on your cruise. Love all your photos too! Makes me feel like I'm right there with you.

Cheers!

Linda

Edited by lindy sails

They've done a wonderful job of removing items used to save chairs during the playoff and divisional championship games this year, and while they may choose to clear the pool area at 4pm, I cannot imagine how the logistics of that would work. Who gets first choice of seats at 4pm? In past Super Bowls, chairs have been occupied the entire day, from 7am on, in anticipation of the 6:30pm game...and those have been on port days. This year's game will be on a sea day on the Emerald Princess.

Damn. There goes my eyelid again. Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!

I can see them clearing unused seats but if people are using them throughout the day it'll be next to impossible to clear the area. We've done Superbowl games many times & it's always been first to sit gets the seats no matter if it's a sea day or port day.

It always pays to bring the spouse to guard an empty seat so you can take turns eating lunch. ;)

Hi PescadoAmarillo. Was just reading your blog....what did you mean when you said "Darko (not that one..."? There is more than one Darko? :confused:

Yes, it's not a name belonging to one person. She has a fave if you have read her blog, she had "her guy" for a whole season.

I agree with everyone who is saying they are only going to "clear" unoccupied chairs sitting with towels and such.

Anyone in their chair is not removed. It's only common sense folks. 4pm (well it might depend on ship time versus ET) is a good choice because that's when the final main pre-game begins. of course it has followed the pre-pre-game, and the countdown to pre-game and the early morning pre-shows, etc, etc. LOL