When can you board Ship?

CruisersRgreat

It should tell you in the cruise planner or your final documents

it depends on your cabin Cat

Top suites can usually board at 11 am

PH & concierge at 12

others at 1

But if you turn up early they may let you on or you may just sit in the terminal

as long as you are onboard 2hrs prior to sailaway

you are good ;)

Cabins will usually not be ready when you board unless you are in a top suite

Enjoy

I am on the same cruise... Also I have been out of Miami. Over the years I have learned that the sooner you get to the ship the more crowded it is and the boarding can be a frenzy... people madly thirsting for their first free meal (of which there will be dozens more) Cabins wont be avail till about 3 pm.Why walk around with bags. Slow and calm you can avoid that...

The ship sails at 5 pm.. and you have to check in 2 hours prior to departure.

What I plan to do, as in the past, get up late at my hotel...mosey down through Miami and get to the ship about 2:30 to check in. No lines... no hassel and go to my cabin where my luggage is zipped almost at once.. put away stuff relax skip the Terrace feeding frenzy and enjoy other areas in solace....

Some times more is not better...

I always view embarkment day as a tour day for that city. I typically don't arrive until after 2:00. I will never forget our disembarkment in Stockholm. There were people lining up to board the ship at 7:00 a.m., well before we even started leaving the ship. We had a 9:15 ship departure with an O transfer, and there was over 250 people standing around the terminal, with all their luggage, waiting to get on the ship! :eek: I'm willing to bet that their documentation gave them boarding times equivalent to what HawaiiDan listed above. What were they thinking! :rolleyes:

I always view embarkment day as a tour day for that city. I typically don't arrive until after 2:00. I will never forget our disembarkment in Stockholm. There were people lining up to board the ship at 7:00 a.m., well before we even started leaving the ship. We had a 9:15 ship departure with an O transfer, and there was over 250 people standing around the terminal, with all their luggage, waiting to get on the ship! :eek: I'm willing to bet that their documentation gave them boarding times equivalent to what HawaiiDan listed above. What were they thinking! :rolleyes:

I am guessing that they probably arrived very early that morning on an O arranged flight from US and probably had an O transfer?

I wouldn't expect them to be on a HOHO bus with all their luggage till 2 PM :D

Paul;

Half of that may be correct, that is if they had an early arrival flight. For those that had O transfers, they were brought into the Stockholm Sheridan, where we were staying on an extension and allowed to change clothes, drop their bags, sightsee in town, etc. as they saw fit until O gave them the final transfer to the ship later in day. It was the same on the front end. O's prestay was at the Copenhagen Marriott. As a Marriott Platinum at the time, I booked the hotel on my own, but our TA gave us the transfers on both sides. On embarkment day the hotel lobby filled up with fellow O cruisers that had arrived early that morning. For those very early arrivers, they were able to sign up and take an O tour of Copenhagen.

If one considered the advantage of being delivered to the Sheridan and then being able to tour Stockholm or do as they pleased for the day then delivered to the ship, the additional cost of paying for an O's transfer, for two (2), versus paying the taxi fare on their own and showing up at the terminal 5 hours early, the O transfer was a bargain, imo. ;)

I am guessing that they probably arrived very early that morning on an O arranged flight from US and probably had an O transfer? I wouldn't expect them to be on a HOHO bus with all their luggage till 2 PM :D

You remind me of our last Renaissance cruise. We were on a Dover-Stockholm cruise (May '01). We had opted to come in a few days early and were staying at a Best Western hotel (no longer there, I think) right by the port. On the morning we were to board the ship a number of shellshocked passengers arrived while we were having breakfast. This made us very happy that we'd come in early!

I don't know what boarding time was for that cruise ... probably not until around noon. I don't know what these people did. They were just hanging out in the lobby.

Somehow over the years my diary disappeared so I don't specifically remember what we did that morning. I think we went up to the Dover Castle, spent the morning there, took the tunnel tour, walked back to the hotel and went to the ship. If not that, we spent more time in Dover itself.

I still feel sorry for those shell shocked passengers who arrived that morning ...

Mura

There is only so much time we can kill in Miami so last month we arrived at the terminal at 10:15. Suites got on at 11:00, then shortly afterward concierge verandas, then everyone else. We were in the Terrace grill before 11:30..

Upon arrival to the terminal they give you a group number and they call by groups.

There are plenty of chairs to sit in while you wait.

There is only so much time we can kill in Miami so last month we arrived at the terminal at 10:15.

There are plenty of chairs to sit in while you wait.

That is why we fly in the day before then we can relax at the hotel until later in the day

we are usually in the cheap seats so no point in sitting in the port building with no food when we can eat near the hotel & head to the port at our leisure

YMMV

Miami terminal is chaos central with the port andasmany as 6 ships departing.

On the morning of the 13th I plam to get up around 9:30 as it is a 3 hour time zone shift, and go to Marriotts club room fora nice long , slow breakfast, then read the papers, Check over bags and any gear. Pick up some local hooch and sit by the pool till about 1:45, then taxi over.. and slip onboard by 2:45 put my stuff away and have a drink in Martinis or what ever looks vacant.

Waiting in the port terminal is akin to shooting yourself in the foot prior to a marathon..... not the best idea

For all who need to get to the ship....I donate my place at the table to you..as you play Oliver Twist goes to to sea "Please Sir may I Have some more"

Dan. Miami is not that bad. We were just there this Sunday. Now on the NCL Getaway. Riviera was also in port too. O leaves from terminal J which is on the other side of the port and is rather quiet.

We arrived at the port at 11am and it was not very hectic. You want bad go to Port Everglades.