2016 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

triptolemus

Has anyone had any experience with Monica the concierge? looking for feedback

Didn't care for Monica. If we were mingling with other higher suite guests she was a gem, but I tried twice to do dining reservations with her- once she stated she was unable and the other she seemed put off by the request and didn't get back to us. Not impressed.

I concur with Suzie, 100%. Monica is Excellent. I believe she was trained by Ruth.

Also agree that Monica attended to our requests, as limited as they were, with a smile and results. She took us under her wing and saw that we did not stand in lines unnecessarily. She offered assistance rather than waiting for us to ask.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the staffing protocols of NCL's mega ships.

When dealing with "the ladies at the Haven Concierge desk", you were dealing with David Contreras's personal staff. The mega ships are so large and that providing Concierge service to Haven & Non Haven Suite guests, and all Platinum guests requires the Concierge to have a staff of 2 or 3 Assistant Concierges. If you were pleased the the services of the "ladies", then you were pleased with David Contreras. From personal experience, I know David to be among the top 3 Concierges in the Fleet.

Totally agree From personal experience many times.

I've just read through the entire thread, and didn't see any information on Getaway. Does anyone have current staffing information and/or information on who will be on board in early April if there are known upcoming changes? Thanks in advance.

Florentina was concierge on the Gem when we booked our first NCL suite, in December 2011. She was terrific. Very personable, knowledgable, and willing to accommodate an out-of-the-box request. Just sorry we've not seen her since she transferred from the Gem.

Florentina was on the Jewel in May 2016, she handled all our issues while we were in the Garden Villa.

I've just read through the entire thread, and didn't see any information on Getaway. Does anyone have current staffing information and/or information on who will be on board in early April if there are known upcoming changes? Thanks in advance.

Jovo Sekulovic left the Escape on March 19th and joined the Getaway on March 20th. Jovo is excellent in my opinion and we just had him for the second time the week of March 12th to 19th. I do not think he will be on Getaway for a long time though as I believe he told me he was going to another boat in a month or two.

Does anyone know who the concierge on the Jewel is? we are sailing in less than a month. Thanks

We just returned from the Jewel on 3/20. Our Concierge was Joaquin Dumipig. I realize that impressions of a concierge are subjective at best. We were not impressed at all with Joaquin. That is not to say he is ineffective; just not what we had become to expect. The only higher cabin category above ours was the Garden Villa. We saw Joaquin only 3 times during the cruise and one of those was when we attended our disembarkation briefing. He passed us several times during the cruise and never acknowledged us. He never addressed us by name and I doubt if he could place our names with our faces.

Enjoy your cruise. If by chance Jennifer is your butler, she will take very good care of you.

We just returned from the Jewel on 3/20. Our Concierge was Joaquin Dumipig. I realize that impressions of a concierge are subjective at best. We were not impressed at all with Joaquin. That is not to say he is ineffective; just not what we had become to expect. The only higher cabin category above ours was the Garden Villa. We saw Joaquin only 3 times during the cruise and one of those was when we attended our disembarkation briefing. He passed us several times during the cruise and never acknowledged us. He never addressed us by name and I doubt if he could place our names with our faces.

Enjoy your cruise. If by chance Jennifer is your butler, she will take very good care of you.

Yikes! That's not good!

I hope we get Jennifer as our butler. Been use to having great concierges (Florentina, Anoop, Virginia....) Will be hard not to expect the kind of service they have provided. But it will take more than a less attentive concierge to ruin the cruise.

I hope we get Jennifer as our butler. Been use to having great concierges (Florentina, Anoop, Virginia....) Will be hard not to expect the kind of service they have provided. But it will take more than a less attentive concierge to ruin the cruise.

Again, Joaquin was not a poor Concierge. Just not that personal bond that we have had in the past. No way did he ruin our cruise....If you are fortunate enough to have Jennifer as your butler, tell her "hi" from Ray & Teresia.

As we get closer to our cruise...Does anyone know the staff/crew members on the Spirit? I do believe there have been some changes this past week with crew going on vacations. So anyone coming back now know who I may expect to see onboard? Thank you in advance.

One of my brothers is sailing the Norwegian Dawn for the first time ever mid April. I talked him into a suite for his family of four...Does anyone have an updated list of officers, concierge, butler? Thanks in advance,

coka

One of my brothers is sailing the Norwegian Dawn for the first time ever mid April. I talked him into a suite for his family of four...Does anyone have an updated list of officers, concierge, butler? Thanks in advance,

coka

NCL Dawn as of 3/27/2016:

Captain: Martin Holmqvist

Hotel Director: Alain Magnier

Food & Beverage Director: Tony Winkler

Cruise Director: Richard Matic

Concierge: Hanno Meyer

Since when did Tony Winkler become FB he was Hotel Director before

WHAT??? Tony Winkler has always been HD!!

Harriet