2016 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

triptolemus

I'll be on Spirit February 20th. Anyone know who is concierge?

Tracy

In mid Dec it was Florentina. Teo and Seka were the butlers. I don't recall exact dates but from casual discussion Florentina and Teo were early on in their contracts.

In mid Dec it was Florentina. Teo and Seka were the butlers. I don't recall exact dates but from casual discussion Florentina and Teo were early on in their contracts.

Thank you for the update. Haven't seen Florentina in a very long time so hoping she'll still be on.

Tracy

Thank you. We don't cruise until April so not sure they will still be there but if they are could you tell me how in your opinion they were. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Thank you. We don't cruise until April so not sure they will still be there but if they are could you tell me how in your opinion they were. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Certainly can give an opinion. It is interesting though when you read experiences of people and how the views on the various butlers and concierges can vary widely.

I'll give the usual caveat many people give that we don't request much and are pretty self sufficient but we do know what perks are available. As far as the concierge Florentina, she is the best we've had. She is a task master and you can tell she enjoys her work.

The butlers were Teo and Seka. We had Teo and he did anything we asked (which wasn't much) and he didn't do anything beyond the minimum. We never saw Seka and I was interested if she had any resemblance to the famous actress from the 70's - I'm guessing not.

Have a great time on the Spirit - the ship was in great shape when we were on it.

Florentina was concierge on the Gem when we booked our first NCL suite, in December 2011. She was terrific. Very personable, knowledgable, and willing to accommodate an out-of-the-box request. Just sorry we've not seen her since she transferred from the Gem.

Does anyone have any reports of "fast fades" (Chicagoese for unexpected departures) of long time beloved NCL staff and crew?

My two reported "Fast Fades" are: Captain Evans Hoyt and Ruth Haggar.

I've heard that Ruth is a hotel Concierge in Austria and Capt. Hoyt is with another cruise line.

Can anyone confirm or deny this info?

Does anyone have any reports of "fast fades" (Chicagoese for unexpected departures) of long time beloved NCL staff and crew?

I've heard that Ruth is a hotel Concierge in Austria and Capt. Hoyt is with another cruise line.

Captain Hoyt left NCL in December not sure where he went and Ruthie left but not sure if it was a leave or permanent

Hoyt was fired in November. He "presented a threat" to the new management by voicing mild concern over the new direction of the company. His replacement on Escape will likely be Giovanni Cutugno, a 30+ year veteran of Carnival and a good buddy of the new NCLH executive team. Captain Cutugno will be the new Senior Captain of NCL.

Edited by barnacle_boy

Hoyt was fired in November. He "presented a threat" to the new management by voicing mild concern over the new direction of the company. His replacement on Escape will likely be Giovanni Cutugno, a 30+ year veteran of Carnival and a good buddy of the new NCLH executive team. Captain Cutugno will be the new Senior Captain of NCL.

Ouch ........ That hurts.

Certainly can give an opinion. It is interesting though when you read experiences of people and how the views on the various butlers and concierges can vary widely.

I'll give the usual caveat many people give that we don't request much and are pretty self sufficient but we do know what perks are available. As far as the concierge Florentina, she is the best we've had. She is a task master and you can tell she enjoys her work.

The butlers were Teo and Seka. We had Teo and he did anything we asked (which wasn't much) and he didn't do anything beyond the minimum. We never saw Seka and I was interested if she had any resemblance to the famous actress from the 70's - I'm guessing not.

Have a great time on the Spirit - the ship was in great shape when we were on it.

Thank you for your opinion. Hope she will still be on when we cruise. We don't ask for much either. We have had some fantastic concierge's and also butlers so I do have a lot to compare too. Sounds like I shouldn't have high expectations on the butlers. :( That is ok coz we will be on a cruise together and that is all that matters...:D

NORWEGIAN JEWEL 24 January- 31 January:

Captain: Niklas Persson

Staff Captain: Marin Dobrilla

Hotel Director: Claus Pascher

Food and Beverage Director: Mohammad Hasan

Restaurant Manager: Noel Chaves

Beverage Manager: Manny Hernandez

Executive Chef: Ganesh Panjami

Cruise Director: Tom Hopkins

NORWEGIAN JEWEL 24 January- 31 January:

Captain: Niklas Persson

Staff Captain: Marin Dobrilla

Hotel Director: Claus Pascher

Food and Beverage Director: Mohammad Hasan

Restaurant Manager: Noel Chaves

Beverage Manager: Manny Hernandez

Executive Chef: Ganesh Panjami

Cruise Director: Tom Hopkins

Thanks for posting...we board on Super Bowl Sunday!

Do you know if the Executive Housekeeper is still Jose Omier?

Here's the info from the card distributed at the Meet & Greet:

Tony Winkler, Hotel Director

Andreas Sommerfeld, F&B Director

Richard Matic, Cruise Director

Edgar Horlador, Executive Housekeeper

Ana Maria Haza, Guest Service Manager

Alistair Fonseca, Executive Chef

Ionela Oprisan, Restaurant Manager

Norman Anderson, Beverage Manager

Anne Barbaza, Group Service Coordinator

Our butler was Romel Carandag, concierge was Patrick Berido.

Here's the info from the card distributed at the Meet & Greet:

Tony Winkler, Hotel Director

Andreas Sommerfeld, F&B Director

Richard Matic, Cruise Director

Edgar Horlador, Executive Housekeeper

Ana Maria Haza, Guest Service Manager

Alistair Fonseca, Executive Chef

Ionela Oprisan, Restaurant Manager

Norman Anderson, Beverage Manager

Anne Barbaza, Group Service Coordinator

Our butler was Romel Carandag, concierge was Patrick Berido.

Is this the Star???