Who has already booked the Empress?

We leave June 11th and are going to Key West and Georgetown, Cayman Island. We are a family of four (Me 30, DH 35, DS 10, DD 7). This is our first cruise. The only bad thing is there really isn't a ton about the ship (that I can find) and I love to research :(..like what restaurants other than the MDR (what will them menus be on MDR), pools, etc.

We are not planning on booking any excursions. We will be hopping off the boat in Key West and walking around ourselves (Duvall and White Street). In Georgetown (we will be tendered, does that make a difference???) we plan on catching the shuttle to Royal Palms.

ANYONE else taking the Empress?????? :D

Edited by ctsharpie05

DW and I are on a b2b starting 4/30.

You probably aren't going to find much research wise that will be accurate, for some general overview Google pullmantur empress as that as where she has been the past 8(?) years.

The Nordic Empress was the DW and I's first cruise together back in '96 and we are looking forward to welcoming her back. Supposedly it is going to be a "party ship" now, but if that does happen I think it may take awhile as I believe a fair number of the original group of passengers will be people like us who want to go back on her.

No matter what role or atmosphere she does end up fulfilling I hope she is a very popular ship and Royal takes some cues from that and maybe builds some newer smaller ships. Bigger doesn't necessarily always mean better.

Wife and I are booked April 25th, going to Costa Maya and Cozumel. Our first cruise was on the Nordic Empress, sailing from San Juan to Eastern Caribbean. We LOVED the Nordic Empress. That was before she was stretched(added 100 feet to the middle) and refurbished to go from 1600 passengers to 2000. The cabins are smaller than most ships, and I'm sure that wont change for the basic cabins during this next refurbishment. The crew was the best we have experienced on any of our 7 cruises, so hoping they will have another great team aboard, but that's being really hopeful. More than likely it won't be as good, but it will sure beat being at work!!!

Wife and I are booked April 25th, going to Costa Maya and Cozumel. Our first cruise was on the Nordic Empress, sailing from San Juan to Eastern Caribbean. We LOVED the Nordic Empress. That was before she was stretched(added 100 feet to the middle) and refurbished to go from 1600 passengers to 2000. The cabins are smaller than most ships, and I'm sure that wont change for the basic cabins during this next refurbishment. The crew was the best we have experienced on any of our 7 cruises, so hoping they will have another great team aboard, but that's being really hopeful. More than likely it won't be as good, but it will sure beat being at work!!!

The Empress was not stretched. The Nordic Prince was.

My husband & I are booked on the April 25 cruise to Cozumel & Costa Maya. This is our first Royal cruise, we've always done Carnival. I wish there was more information available, but we figure we'll enjoy it either way.

Can't wait!

Booked 11 - 16 April 2016 Cozumel and Costa Maya in an Owner's Suite. Took advantage of the AWESOME C&A discount that only lasted a day or 2. Overall, the discount from sticker price was 62%. I probably would not consider this ship at full price but with that nice discount I couldn't really pass it up.

Have never sailed on this class...will have to see how we like it. We are very fond of the big ships.

My husband & I are booked on the April 25 cruise to Cozumel & Costa Maya. This is our first Royal cruise, we've always done Carnival. I wish there was more information available, but we figure we'll enjoy it either way.

Can't wait!

These are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. ;)

These are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. ;)

*chuckles* Ive read those - I mean more concrete information for our cruising on what exactly the ship will be like. Ive read plenty of conflicting articles about what will or won't be on the ship when she comes out of refurbishment.

And more information like, when will reservations for stuff on board come available (for things like Chops or the spa). That kind of more info.

*chuckles* Ive read those - I mean more concrete information for our cruising on what exactly the ship will be like. Ive read plenty of conflicting articles about what will or won't be on the ship when she comes out of refurbishment.

And more information like, when will reservations for stuff on board come available (for things like Chops or the spa). That kind of more info.

Once RCI IT gets over the holidays I assume most pre booking will come on line.

For the rest a crystal ball might be the only answer until we board ;)

Once RCI IT gets over the holidays I assume most pre booking will come on line.

For the rest a crystal ball might be the only answer until we board ;)

HAHA Yeah, mine's in for service at the moment :p

I keep checking daily to see if anything is up yet

Although it's very tempting to book the Empress for our 10th wedding anniversary in April 2017 (11 years from the exact date we met on the Empress in April 2006 and married exactly one year later), I don't think so.

I've sworn off cruises for now - much prefer our new RV lifestyle :p. But if anything could get me back on a cruise ship, it would be the Empress!

You probably aren't going to find much research wise that will be accurate, for some general overview Google pullmantur empress as that as where she has been the past 8(?) years.

The Nordic Empress was the DW and I's first cruise together back in '96 and we are looking forward to welcoming her back. Supposedly it is going to be a "party ship" now, but if that does happen I think it may take awhile as I believe a fair number of the original group of passengers will be people like us who want to go back on her.

No matter what role or atmosphere she does end up fulfilling I hope she is a very popular ship and Royal takes some cues from that and maybe builds some newer smaller ships. Bigger doesn't necessarily always mean better.

I predict that a lot of previous passengers will end up figuring out they have very short memories and will be very disappointed with the voyage and the ship. But that's just my opinion.

And yes, I have sailed her back in the day. Nothing to write home about as I recall

Edited by John&LaLa

crystalball_468x317.jpg

This picture brings back memories of Cliff Richards "Devil Woman" song. Hope that Crystal Ball predicts many more awesome cruises for you also. Empress of the Seas I am going to have to work at convincing Cathy to try a small ship as she is prone to motion sickness.

Booked for 6/11, 5 nighter. Couldn't resist it for $595 total for ocean view . Even a small cabin at sea is better then our larger living room on land.

I look forward meeting you! I am hoping there is an adults only pool as I think that will make the main pool way less crowded. My kids will probably live at the main pool.

Have you decided what you are doing in Key West and Georgetown? We are not going to do any excursions. Just explore on our own.

Please, please, please post lots of pictures when you get back.