Diamond Princess bridgecam down since NYE

NSWP

I note Diamond Princess Bridgecam has been out of order since 31 December. What is going on? How am I going to check out the big seas around NZ when my wife and granddaughter are sailing in a couple of weeks?

I noticed that the other day.

I might have to complain on the Princess Facebook page in the next few days if it does not start working again!.

Indeed mate, last shots in the dark on 31/12 Bay of Islands, maybe she has sunk. LOL.

The bridge cams appear to be out for the Sun, Dawn, Sea and Diamond Princess ships. It's looking likely that Princess turned them off deliberately.

That's a pity, because my parents are about to board the Sun Princess for the Indian Ocean circumnavigation cruise and it would have been great for their grandchildren to see where they were going.

The bridge cams appear to be out for the Sun, Dawn, Sea and Diamond Princess ships. It's looking likely that Princess turned them off deliberately.

The Sun, Dawn, Sea Princess webcams are working fine for me (apart from the Diamond Princess) and are all up to date.

That's a pity, because my parents are about to board the Sun Princess for the Indian Ocean circumnavigation cruise and it would have been great for their grandchildren to see where they were going.

Keep an eye on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2296419, as I will be posting web cam shots there when every they get to a port.

I posted the question on their Facebook page and got this reply;

Princess Cruises Hi Pete, we've sent this to our IT team. Unfortunately, Bridge Cam availability is dependent upon satellite connectivity and weather conditions.

It's working again!

Edited by kiwipete

Princess Cruises Hi Pete, we've sent this to our IT team. Unfortunately, Bridge Cam availability is dependent upon satellite connectivity and weather conditions.

It's working again!

Thanks Pete. I have just checked Princess Bidgecams, Diamond is ok again, Hobart today.

An industry source says sometimes they turn off the bridgecams in really rough weather, they don't want to scare away potential customers !! Makes sense. I mean who wants to sit home on the puter looking at the ship you are boarding next week, currently floundering in 12 metre seas in a Force 12 gale, well some adventurers would I suppose.

It's working again!

Good result, I am glad the plugged it back in again now that the captain's hair is dry (flying high reference).:p

Thanks Pete. I have just checked Princess Bidgecams, Diamond is ok again, Hobart today.

An industry source says sometimes they turn off the bridgecams in really rough weather, they don't want to scare away potential customers !! Makes sense. I mean who wants to sit home on the puter looking at the ship you are boarding next week, currently floundering in 12 metre seas in a Force 12 gale, well some adventurers would I suppose.

It does make sense but what will people post on youtube?:eek: