Bottled water?

karibritt01

Have not sailed on Carnival but love that they have lowered the price. My sister will be bringing a case on board HAL in 2017 (unless they follow suit).

Anyway, as far as taking it ashore -- HAL sells small and large bottles on the gangway. I would leave it sealed until off the dock, just as any food taken off ship must be sealed.

Have not sailed on Carnival but love that they have lowered the price. My sister will be bringing a case on board HAL in 2017 (unless they follow suit).

Anyway, as far as taking it ashore -- HAL sells small and large bottles on the gangway. I would leave it sealed until off the dock, just as any food taken off ship must be sealed.

Not true. We always carry our own personal water bottles (for filling up onboard ) when we leave the ship. They are not sealed, and we've only had one port in all our cruises that we were told that only sealed water bottles were allowed off the ship.

Having to pay for bottled water? That's a sure sign of more nickel/diming to come.

I bring two big empty bottle on my cruise. I fill up the water at the fountain. Take it to my room and on my backpack when I am on port call. Works well. The water taste like its filtered. No after taste.

Having to pay for bottled water? That's a sure sign of more nickel/diming to come.

Carnival no longer allows passengers to bring on drinks since people were smuggling liquor in bottled water, etc. In order to have bottled water on the ship, it must be purchased from Carnival.

I think EVERY cruise line sells the bottled water. (Except for Seaborne)

But I like to know if that is correct.

Not ALWAYS true. We always carry our own personal water bottles (for filling up onboard ) when we leave the ship. They are not sealed, and we've only had one port in all our cruises that we were told that only sealed water bottles were allowed off the ship.

FTFY

You said yourself that you HAD experienced having to have the bottle sealed. If OP is carrying bottled water (not their own bottle) off the ship, it's a little detail to not open it in the showroom while they wait for their number to be called (or whatever). That was the only advice I was giving.

My question: Why do you want to buy bottle water when the water on the ship is filtered. I have tested it and there is no after taste. No chlorine and limestone after taste.

We sometimes buy a bottle on the gangway, leaving the ship in a hot and humid port, on an excursion when it seems unlikely there will be refreshments or a chance to buy them.

I didn't say I was going to bring bottled water on, I said my sister would be, for Panama Canal in 2017.

She is a water technician for the Bureau of Land Management and tests campground water supplies as well as natural springs/creeks/etc. Having the experience of how frequently those have coliform and other bacteria, she does not trust ANY cisterns or tanks! And there is no telling her otherwise, so I'm not trying.

DH and I will buy a few bottles, usually when leaving the ship anyway, and save them for chilling ship's water. We do not carry our own water bottles (anymore) because we travel carry-on only and even the collapsible bottles take up space and contribute ounces -- airlines are starting to weigh carryons and the limits are LOW!

A lot of people (on Cruise Critic) say that they DO taste the chlorine in the bathroom water and go through the trouble of filling their bottles at the dispensers in the Lido which are indeed said to be filtered (and which must be done with a cup or glass and not putting the bottle up to the spout).

With your NC location and ports of Freeport/Nassau I'm assuming your sailing the Fantasy out of Charleston correct? I said her last week and bought a couple 12 packs of water from the Fun Shops to do exactly what you are asking, had no issues. They actually didn't even check the bottles of water upon returning so if you don't drink all of them while in port don't feel like you have to chug them before getting back on board. They should let you reboard with them as long as they are sealed. Happy Cruising!

A lot of people (on Cruise Critic) say that they DO taste the chlorine in the bathroom water and go through the trouble of filling their bottles at the dispensers in the Lido which are indeed said to be filtered (and which must be done with a cup or glass and not putting the bottle up to the spout).

Yes, what I do is at those fountain machine, I take a clean cup, fill it up and pour it on my plastic container that I bring. If it taste good, it must be filtered right?

When I am on land and if I drive on vacation, I bring my Brita water filtering thing.

If I fly for vacation, then I buy bottle water.