AARP Discount - Confused??

DevCruise

Ok, I'm confused. I thought I'd read on here that there were 2 types of AARP discounts. The one where the little red "A" shows up next to the sail date and then the 5% discount for booking 9 months out regardless of sailing?

I emailed my PCC and asked about getting this applied if we were to join and she said it would be a cancel and rebook and only included certain sailings.

The promo page makes this a little confusing too as I went to find it to show her this is what I was talking about.

Did this change? Do I have this wrong? Or should I try another rep? :confused:

Ok, I'm confused. I thought I'd read on here that there were 2 types of AARP discounts. The one where the little red "A" shows up next to the sail date and then the 5% discount for booking 9 months out regardless of sailing?

I emailed my PCC and asked about getting this applied if we were to join and she said it would be a cancel and rebook and only included certain sailings.

The promo page makes this a little confusing too as I went to find it to show her this is what I was talking about.

Did this change? Do I have this wrong? Or should I try another rep? :confused:

Do a fake booking on NCL site and see what comes up when you check the box for aarp.

We booked a qualified sailing at the end of November, and the promos then were the same as now: select sailings more than 9 months out qualify for the one discount. e.g. balcony went from $1659 to $1587.

Also be sure to specifically mention the additional promo for $100 OBC; I had to tell the travel agent about it!

(This the first time for us to have the stars align and make the sailing that we wanted, actually be a 'select' sailing! so not sure if it was ever different in the past).:p

You're all lucky; whenever I try to join using either my NZ or my Canada address it won't let me as the form on the website doesn't give membership fees for outside the USA!!! :mad:

If anyone can get me a form with the fees for NZ and/or Canada I would be grateful. :cool:

Please email a scan of it to casofilia at xtra dot co dot nz

Thanks

Mike

You're all lucky; whenever I try to join using either my NZ or my Canada address it won't let me as the form on the website doesn't give membership fees for outside the USA!!! :mad:

If anyone can get me a form with the fees for NZ and/or Canada I would be grateful. :cool:

Please email a scan of it to casofilia at xtra dot co dot nz

Thanks

Mike

Mike-in Canada, it is called CARP. See http://www.carp.ca

We just renewed for 3 years for $45. here in Canada

I had to fax a copy of my membership card to our travel agent in the US, as NCL apparently asked him for it. But it worked!

When I booked a year ago with Kids Sail Free and Choice promo they went back in and added AARP number to reduce the price.

Now when I do mock bookings and select AARP I either get AARP rate OR choice promo, but not both.

When I booked a year ago with Kids Sail Free and Choice promo they went back in and added AARP number to reduce the price.

Now when I do mock bookings and select AARP I either get AARP rate OR choice promo, but not both.

You can't combine them yourself when booking online but NCL or your TA can. Just give them a call when you're ready to book.

So how did you do it? Do tell.

Already AARP member, called PCC November 2015 and booked b2b out of San Juan in November, 2016, got 2 deals for each plus PCC reminded me that at more than 9 months got AARP discount. I also booked it as 2 cruises, got the same cabin for each cruise, will get Platinum benefits on each 7 day cruise. since it was 2 cruises I got to use my last 2 cruise rewards. We get all the extra Latitudes points, but don't care how soon we get to 250.:)

Already AARP member, called PCC November 2015 and booked b2b out of San Juan in November, 2016, got 2 deals for each plus PCC reminded me that at more than 9 months got AARP discount. I also booked it as 2 cruises, got the same cabin for each cruise, will get Platinum benefits on each 7 day cruise. since it was 2 cruises I got to use my last 2 cruise rewards. We get all the extra Latitudes points, but don't care how soon we get to 250.:)

So you didn't book it yourself online and combine promos with AARP. You did as I said it had to be done and called your PCC (NCL) to do it. Not sure why you quoted my post and then said you did it when you really didn't do it yourself online. Your NCL PCC had to do it for you. Maybe you were agreeing that you have to call to do it but it didn't read that way to me.

Edited by peg013

This is what I got back from my PCC when I asked:

Thanks for the email. The AARP is not a fix discount on all sailings. It's a promo that runs on select sailings. If you're reservation becomes available for AARP after you've already booked, then you would have to cancel and rebook to add it on. However we have to be careful if prices increased, you don't want to cancel and rebook for the AARP discount.

I will be happy to go over in details and check updated quotes, feel free to call me when you have a chance

So you didn't book it yourself online and combine promos with AARP. You did as I said it had to be done and called your PCC (NCL) to do it. Not sure why you quoted my post and then said you did it when you really didn't do it yourself online. Your NCL PCC had to do it for you. Maybe you were agreeing that you have to call to do it but it didn't read that way to me.

For best results I always call my PCC, never any problems or confusion, always get everything I expect.:)

I have seen over and over again on here that people get different results from different PCC's.

A lucky few have PCC's who will add promo's without rebooking...

Unfortunately I believe the majority have the " you'll have to rebook and lose everything" ones, including mine...

If I knew how the few PCC's key in changes in their computer system without triggering unwanted changes I would definitely tell my PCC as he does not believe these things happen, even though time and again people on here report it...

I have seen over and over again on here that people get different results from different PCC's.

A lucky few have PCC's who will add promo's without rebooking...

Unfortunately I believe the majority have the " you'll have to rebook and lose everything" ones, including mine...

If I knew how the few PCC's key in changes in their computer system without triggering unwanted changes I would definitely tell my PCC as he does not believe these things happen, even though time and again people on here report it...

I used to have a really awesome PCC, unfortunately, she isn't with the company anymore. Haven't decided how much I like this one yet.

But anyway, my old PCC expained it to me. Basically you edit the reservation instead of cancelling and rebooking it. Most just don't want to hit the edit button.

I might call the general number and see if they'll do anything.