Fort Lauderdale disembark and Global Entry

Clampram

Hats off to my hubby who took our Global Entry cards with him on the cruise. There is a separate line in the Fort Lauderdale disembark area for those with Global Entry. There was no one in the line and it saved quite a bit of time for us!!

Do they have dedicated Global Entry lines ONLY at Terminal 2? Sometimes disembarkation occurs at other terminals when multiple Princess ships ships are docked in Fort Lauderdale.

From the Port Everglades website (http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/):

New for 2016 Cruise Season - Global Entry

Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival back in the United States. Upon debarkation, signage will direct cruise guests who are Global Entry participants to the front of the line in all cruise terminals.

Travelers must currently be enrolled in the Global Entry program and have gone through the approval process. All applicants undergo a rigorous background check and in-person interview before enrollment. While Global Entry's goal is to speed travelers through the process, participants may still be selected for further examination.

To learn more about the Global Entry program, visit

Terminal 2 had a dedicated line in November, to the right of other lines. No agent at that counter when we arrived, so the screening agent there just moved us into the right hand processing (which porters were also using). So it works even if it technically isn't open. We waited for one group. Main line had fifty or sixty people in it (timing was in first few groups after self disembark).

Sadly, RCI Terminal 18 did not have Global Entry/Nexus/Trusted Traveler set up when we disembarked about 7 weeks ago. They all scratched their heads and shrugged their shoulders. It is definitely not in place at all terminals.

Terminal 18 does have Global Entry, since this summer....

The signs are located near the north wall...

Confirmed, all terminals have signs in place.

Edited by foflocruiser

We saw the signs. No one would/could direct us where to go next.

We had the same experience in November after disembarking Serenade at the OA/AL terminal. I even asked an immigration official (as opposed to the port employees) where the line was and he said it wasn't being offered yet, although I had read of others using GE to get through.

So which was is "north" when one comes down the elevator at the OA terminal? We're disembarking on Saturday and I'd sure like to be able to use our NEXUS cards (which include GE; I hope we don't have to explain THAT to the port agents) to get through.

We had the same experience in November after disembarking Serenade at the OA/AL terminal. I even asked an immigration official (as opposed to the port employees) where the line was and he said it wasn't being offered yet, although I had read of others using GE to get through...

Thank you. I thought I was losing it. *sigh* :(:D