to old for studio cabin?

pisstoolpete

The studios are more for just sleeping for the most part. If you're concerned that you won't meet people, I don't think you'll have any problems with that at all. Transatlantics tend to have an older average age than a cruise to the caribbean. I was on the EPIC in a studio almost three years ago and there was a wide range of ages there. I was 29 when I went on the cruise, and some of the best people I met on the ship were probably around 55 and older.. there are several people I still keep in touch with. One woman I keep in contact with recently retired. The group of people I hung out with were in their 20s and well into their 60s, I am sure.

I recently booked the transatlantic that you're interested in and there are already a couple of other solos that have checked in on the roll call. You can check it out here, if you haven't already! I haven't introduced myself in there yet, but I have been lurking: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251961

The studios are more for just sleeping for the most part. If you're concerned that you won't meet people, I don't think you'll have any problems with that at all. Transatlantics tend to have an older average age than a cruise to the caribbean. I was on the EPIC in a studio almost three years ago and there was a wide range of ages there. I was 29 when I went on the cruise, and some of the best people I met on the ship were probably around 55 and older.. there are several people I still keep in touch with. One woman I keep in contact with recently retired. The group of people I hung out with were in their 20s and well into their 60s, I am sure.

I recently booked the transatlantic that you're interested in and there are already a couple of other solos that have checked in on the roll call. You can check it out here, if you haven't already! I haven't introduced myself in there yet, but I have been lurking: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251961

Come on over then. It's going to be a busy rollcall for sure.

Please understand that going solo is not the same thing as cruising single! I am 68 and have cruised in the studios last year and an now booked for two more; one on the Breakaway on Jan 31 for a 14 day Caribbean cruise from NYC, and the next a ten day Mediterranean cruise on the Epic from Barcelona. I am actually in a committed relationship and in no way looking for any potential dates; but traveling in the studios offers not just a lower rate, but also the opportunity to choose whether or not I wish to do things alone, or to choose to have dinner, go to shows, and/or excursions with other solos with no pressures on do anything else but to have companionship. However, on the cruise last year I did make a couple of friends and on my next cruise, one of them will be going too. There is no older or younger to going in the studios; I have seen people from their 30's to their70's, but it gave a great opportunity for those truly traveling on their own to have dinner companions; show reservations with others, and maybe even excursions with others and possibly an opportunity to make a new friend or more. Hope this helps!