Coffee maker in suites

ETinCA

We were on the Zuiderdam last month and they replaced the Nespresso machines with MoCoffee by the same inventor of the Nespresso--Eric Favre of Switzerland. We like this much better than the Nespresso we have at home, but at least they got rid of the Mr. Coffee.they had in the Penthourse (PS7045) for four straight years. We will be in the Westerdam PS in a few short weeks and I hope they also have the MoCoffee machine. There was a choice of three coffees, but we could order more.

I undersrtand they are also served in First Class of some long range European airlines.

Ken

The pods shown in the photo appear to be the same size as Keurig pods. Are they?

We were also not impressed with the Neptune Lounge. I do though understand how some people will enjoy having the coffee makers in their cabins. It is convenient, although, without proper coffee cream I would pass.

Personally, instead of new coffee makers, I would rather HAL upgrade its coffee mugs. I really enjoy my coffee from a fine bone china mug at home and really miss in on a cruise. I've never felt that coffee should be served in the cups and saucers that they provide through room service. These are simply too small for coffee, imo.

The pods shown in the photo appear to be the same size as Keurig pods. Are they?

Could be, I'm not sure. There were three flat trays of pods with decaf, expresso and a blend of South American coffee.

I usually roast our own coffee from green beans , a little at a time. We only use the Nespresso when we are in a hurry. Did pick up two pounds of Costa Rican Tarazzu green beans from an owner of a private excursion company who lives near San Jose, Costa Rica. Also, extremely hard to find Guatemalan Hunapau green beans any longer. :eek:

Only problem with the MoCoffee machine is that you only get 3/4 cup full of coffee. In the PH, we had about 16 regular coffee cups that they use in the dining room and six expresso cups. I had the concierge fill the cabinets every three days.

Came off the Zuiderdam in early February. We had a Nespresso machine in our suite. Yes the coffee in the Neptune Longue is very good. And yes, the French press coffee in the Pinnacle Grill is wonderful. But it was nice to have a cup of good coffee without leaving the room before I got dressed in the AM. (I am not one to show up in the Neptune Longue in my jammies)

My only complaint: The pods for the Nespressor has no label on them. They are color coded and there is a color chart in the room telling you whether the coffee is decaf or regular. The problem is, the colors are almost indistinguishable, especially in the dim light of early morning while my wife is sleeping and I want to make a cup without bright lights.

Oh well, if that is my worst problem in the world, I am a pretty happy guy.

Coffee mug size & serving expectations would make an interesting thread. A note on that here, and a quick speculation (curious isn't it, how these subcultures flourish): "Whether 'tis nobler to toss back a thimble-full for a morning jolt, or to sip and savor a discreet cup, or to glug from a big and ultimately lukewarm warm ceramic flagon of java?" With a caffienated nod to that ill fated, sleepless Dane.

Anyone know if the Volendam neptunes have been updated with the machines?

Suite enhancements for the Volendam are scheduled for May 2017, I believe. As the ships go in for dry dock, they are being gradually updated.

Below is Lisa's (LaffnVegas) information regarding the fleet enhancements which she posted a while back:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48328240&postcount=4

Suite enhancements for the Volendam are scheduled for May 2017, I believe. As the ships go in for dry dock, they are being gradually updated.

Below is Lisa's (LaffnVegas) information regarding the fleet enhancements which she posted a while back:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48328240&postcount=4

Even though Oosterdam is scheduled for enhancements during April drydock, we board tomorrow for our TA and I already know the coffee machines have been added to the suites.

Even though Oosterdam is scheduled for enhancements during April drydock, we board tomorrow for our TA and I already know the coffee machines have been added to the suites.

We weren't so lucky departing Jan 18 aboard the Oo'dam. Our NS only had the Bose Sound Dock. That's two cruises in a row where we were 2 or 3 months ahead of a refurb. The old girl still has great bones, but she needs some TLC.

We weren't so lucky departing Jan 18 aboard the Oo'dam. Our NS only had the Bose Sound Dock. That's two cruises in a row where we were 2 or 3 months ahead of a refurb. The old girl still has great bones, but she needs some TLC.

I'm the one who needs TLC, so hoping O'Dam will provide it. ;) Meanwhile, starting my day with hot fresh coffee is enough for now. What the H do I want with the Bose?

I'm the one who needs TLC, so hoping O'Dam will provide it. ;) Meanwhile, starting my day with hot fresh coffee is enough for now. What the H do I want with the Bose?

Well, a lot of us will appreciate the Bose. I'm pretty sure we can put our ipods on the dock and listen to music in a much nicer fashion :)

Well, a lot of us will appreciate the Bose. I'm pretty sure we can put our ipods on the dock and listen to music in a much nicer fashion :)

Too many "I's" Jacquie. It's enough that I have Iphone and Ipad. I don't need any more tech stuff. Oh yes, the Kindle. :D

Too many "I's" Jacquie. It's enough that I have Iphone and Ipad. I don't need any more tech stuff. Oh yes, the Kindle. :D

Pretty sure you can do it with your iPhone too if you have your music downloaded on it :). I don't have one but DH used to and he had his music on it.

Bose means nothing to me but the coffee maker en suite sounds good. DH used to bring me coffee each morning so it'll be nice not having to dress in order to get from Neptune to have my first cup of the day.

When did the Westerdam will be fully adapted dry docked ?

Have a cruise in april 2017 !

Holacanada

I think you will be fine by then. Look back on the thread for the link to Lisa's thread where she updated everyone on when what happens.

I think several changes have happened on board already - not the pizza though. We'll report on our roll call's live thread in a couple of weeks ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk