Coffee maker in suites

ETinCA

Nespresso machines.

So these are going to be fru fru coffee, not real coffee? When we were on Oasis, they had one of those machines in the lounge. Wife loved it. I used the standard hotel coffeemaker in the suite or I went to the Windjammer and got real coffee.

I'm very partial to the coffee in the Neptune Lounge, however the room service brew isn't bad. I've never used a Nespresso, but it would have to be a lot better than K-cup coffee to get my vote. We're on the Oo'dam in 8 days but don't know if they've added the in-suite coffee service since it's dry dock is this Spring.

I'm very partial to the coffee in the Neptune Lounge, however the room service brew isn't bad. I've never used a Nespresso, but it would have to be a lot better than K-cup coffee to get my vote. We're on the Oo'dam in 8 days but don't know if they've added the in-suite coffee service since it's dry dock is this Spring.

There is no comparison. Nespresso is a much superior product to anything you can currently get on a HAL ship, including what is sold at the Explorations Café or in the Neptune Lounge.

Nespresso or K-cups or drip or .......... In reality, the main factor impacting the taste is the actual coffee you use to brew. Yes, there are some other differences, I know. But the actual coffee you use is really critical - it must match your tastes. I have had two cups of coffee in a row from the same machine (all 3 types) using a different brand of coffee - gotten very different results between the two cups in each machine.

So, I would speculate that how well you like the resulting coffee in you Suite would be what brand/flavor/strength you select (or are offered).

Fru fru? Meaning sissy-stuff, as opposed to manly Folgers? Hahahaha. A bit more seriously, as much as I can muster after the Hair On Chest observation, it's likely that the installed Nespresso machine will be designed for single-shot thimbles of espresso. Maybe doubles. Flavored syrup not likely, and almost certainly no foamed milk. The capsules from N have remarkable flavor. If it is you still long for grounds measured from a can, hey, have your steward tote the machine down to my cabin.

I think Nespresso makes a pretty good cup of coffee, but to me the Neptune Lounge coffee is really, really good and worth the walk up to get it several times a day. That machine is amazing!

I agree - excellent coffee and it gives you the opportunity to chat to the concierge and others who may be in there.

So do you suppose they will keep the machine in the Neptune lounge if there are coffee machines in the Neptune suites?

I'm very curious also. I booked a suite on the Koningsdam right across the hall from the Neptune Lounge to be close to that wonderful espresso. I haven't tried Nespresso, but I use a CBTL Cafitaly machine at home. I'd probably go to the lounge to pick up tidbits even if I drink in-cabin espresso.

Fru fru? Meaning sissy-stuff, as opposed to manly Folgers? Hahahaha. A bit more seriously, as much as I can muster after the Hair On Chest observation, it's likely that the installed Nespresso machine will be designed for single-shot thimbles of espresso. Maybe doubles. Flavored syrup not likely, and almost certainly no foamed milk. The capsules from N have remarkable flavor. If it is you still long for grounds measured from a can, hey, have your steward tote the machine down to my cabin.

I really don't care for folgers either. I just do not see the attraction to espresso, flavored syrups, or foamed milk. I would prefer a simple Kcup machine. BTW, the opinions of my wife differ significantly.

I really don't care for folgers either. I just do not see the attraction to espresso, flavored syrups, or foamed milk. I would prefer a simple Kcup machine. BTW, the opinions of my wife differ significantly.

I don't care for flavored coffee but like the other variations you mention. Different strokes for different folks.

I think K-cups are horrible environmentally. (And yes, I am aware it is coming from someone that flies to a cruise ship.)