Ordering from Tuscan Grill menu in Luminae

whatevergoes

Traveling on Summit to Bermuda in May(RS) Assigned dining room is Luminare (which we love). I'm excited about the menu choices in Tuscan Grill. Will they allow us to eat in Luminae, but order some items off of the Tuscan menu? Specifically, the steaks. Thanks

Traveling on Summit to Bermuda in May(RS) Assigned dining room is Luminare (which we love). I'm excited about the menu choices in Tuscan Grill. Will they allow us to eat in Luminae, but order some items off of the Tuscan menu? Specifically, the steaks. Thanks

No, you need to go to Tuscan Grille to enjoy their menu.

Traveling on Summit to Bermuda in May(RS) Assigned dining room is Luminare (which we love). I'm excited about the menu choices in Tuscan Grill.

Will they allow us to eat in Luminae, but order some items off of the Tuscan menu? Specifically, the steaks. Thanks

According to the current benefits, guests in a Royal Suite (or Penthouse) can eat in any specialty restaurant at no charge every night of their cruise.

Therefore, if you want a steak from the Tuscan menu, just make a reservation and eat in Tuscan rather than the Suite Dining Room, Luminae.

Problem solved unless, of course, they change the benefits by the time you sail in May! ;)

According to the current benefits, guests in a Royal Suite (or Penthouse) can eat in any specialty restaurant at no charge every night of their cruise.

Therefore, if you want a steak from the Tuscan menu, just make a reservation and eat in Tuscan rather than the Suite Dining Room, Luminae.

Problem solved unless, of course, they change the benefits by the time you sail in May! ;)

or you are in a "lesser" suite where the free specialty restaurants perk doesn't apply.

I guess it all comes down to 'reasonableness' (if there is such a word). We did, once or twice, ask for items off menu and were accommodated but certainly not on a regular basis. If we wanted Tuscan Grill food we went to Tuscan Grill...

We tended each morning to go to Michael's Club for a coffee after breakfast and we would look at the Luminae menu and then decide where to eat for the evening....If we liked the look of The Luminae menu then we would go there, if we didn't we would look at the other options....On one or two occasions one of us would really want to try something in Luminae but the other wouldn't. This was pre the MDR menu being available, so we would then discuss with the M'D. We would not just turn up at Luminae and expect them to provide an alternative.

So in answer to your question, talk to the M'D, see what alternatives they can offer without prior planning and let them know in advance if you have a special request. One of the real advantages of RS/PH is unlimited speciality dining, we enjoyed changing venues....

Wonderful he is still traveling with you. The great part of Celebrity is no matter what the cabin if there is a true need Celebrity will do their best to accommodate when you are on board.

Have a wonderful cruise and hope your online check in goes well.

When we sailed on Equinox in a suite last September I mentioned to our waiter in Luminae that I was disappointed I hadn't been able to find a gelato shop in Italy that day. The waiter asked what flavors of gelato I liked. When it was time for dessert I was presented with 3 scoops of gelato from the gelato shop on the ship.

The staff in Luminae was amazing, each of them took the time to stop by our table on a nightly basis to get to know us. I'm sure if you let them know your dh likes rib eye they will make sure he has a rib eye whenever he wishes.

Have a wonderful cruise, I'll be leaving on a Reflection cruise in a week, but sadly not in a suite this time so will miss Luminae!

A few years ago we were able to get rib eye steaks by request in Blu, so I would assume you would be able to do the same in the suite restaurant. The only requirement was that we make the request 24 hours in advance. Good luck.

We were quite surprised when our waiter mentioned this. We all enjoyed one course, Tuscan and murano were both ordered. This was on a 12 night med trip last October. When we sailed last April on the silhouette this was not offered.

Enjoy!