Sky Suites and Michaels Lounge

cdnhockeyfan

We do too Jenna. Everything that is supposed to be in the suite is there...all is clean and in working order by the time we leave.

BUT, unless something is really broken or I have towels with holes in them, I vowed to not turn my upcoming cruise into a list of to-dos for the Celebrity staff.

I will say, someone does have to walk through all cabins more closely. There have been many times where pink and black moldy grout is evident in the bathrooms which a simple scrub of bleach would handle. Stewards and housekeeping need to step it up when it comes to deep cleaning.

I also freak myself out thinking about how many people have sat on the couches in the suites. How frequently do you think they clean the fabric? I might have to throw a sheet over the couch until I get over this new OCD I have. (Yes, I have the same ritual at hotels!)

:)

I agree that there are times when things have been overlooked and we really shouldn't have to ask, however it's not really surprising since people are anxious to get on board and in their cabins as quickly as possible and everyone is arriving at the same time. In recent years the cabin staff have been handling a lot more cabins than they used to which has definitely impacted the level of service. If there's something that needs to be taken care of a request is usually all that's necessary. They really do try their best to keep up.

It's impossible to leave the house if we are going to worry about some of these things. Everywhere we go people have been sitting, touching and doing who knows what. Believe it or not, part of having a good immune system is being exposed to and building up a resistance to germs. Just use some good old common sense and avoid the obviously contaminated. The best thing is to wash your hands and keep them away from your face.

I agree that there are times when things have been overlooked and we really shouldn't have to ask, however it's not really surprising since people are anxious to get on board and in their cabins as quickly as possible and everyone is arriving at the same time. In recent years the cabin staff have been handling a lot more cabins than they used to which has definitely impacted the level of service. If there's something that needs to be taken care of a request is usually all that's necessary. They really do try their best to keep up.

It's impossible to leave the house if we are going to worry about some of these things. Everywhere we go people have been sitting, touching and doing who knows what. Believe it or not, part of having a good immune system is being exposed to and building up a resistance to germs. Just use some good old common sense and avoid the obviously contaminated. The best thing is to wash your hands and keep them away from your face.

I hear you. I also know that I am happy to sit in MC an extra hour if they want to bleach my entire suite <kidding...sort of>.

I will have enough clorox wipes for my entire deck!

I hear you. I also know that I am happy to sit in MC an extra hour if they want to bleach my entire suite <kidding...sort of>.

I will have enough clorox wipes for my entire deck!

I am similar and bring those Clorox wipes and clean door handles, phones, TV remotes....the list is long. After 30 days on Solstice in a CS I must say our butler was one of the best we have ever had on any cruise line.

If the itinerary and timing is right, we are very comfortable on X. We also do not skimp on anything and get the GO BEST, if we tire of Luminae we make reservations at Specialty restaurants, and just do not complain unless the issue would be a big problem. Butlers and Michael's Concierge have been wonderful taking care of issues.

I am similar and bring those Clorox wipes and clean door handles, phones, TV remotes....the list is long. After 30 days on Solstice in a CS I must say our butler was one of the best we have ever had on any cruise line.

If the itinerary and timing is right, we are very comfortable on X. We also do not skimp on anything and get the GO BEST, if we tire of Luminae we make reservations at Specialty restaurants, and just do not complain unless the issue would be a big problem. Butlers and Michael's Concierge have been wonderful taking care of issues.

Good to know. My one big request is that we have 3 chairs around our table on the balcony since 3 are staying in the room. I hope this will be tended to. I am so ready to relax!

Good to know. My one big request is that we have 3 chairs around our table on the balcony since 3 are staying in the room. I hope this will be tended to. I am so ready to relax!

As soon as you meet your butler, just request the 3rd chair. We asked for the 2nd lounger and is was attended to immediately. Relax and have fun!

We were on the Reflection TA in November in a Signature Suite. We love MC as it was a perk available only to certain suite guests who had paid a premium. Was it packed? No, but that's why we liked it. The bartenders got to know our drink preferences and it was nice to have the MC Concierge available to book specialty dining and fix any problems. Now the MC itself is going to have 30+ cabins (60-ish people) more?

So the real question is: Why would a book a higher category cabin (CS, RS, PH) if I can get the same perks as a Sky Suite and simply upgrade to the Premium beverage package? I just looked at cruise I have booked for June of next year in the Reflection Suite (for 5 of us traveling for my b'day). Booking a SS we could save $20000 by buying 3 SS's and Prem Bev for everyone. What's the incentive to book the top cabins?

That's a question that is going to be tough for X to answer.

SS lost the specialty dining but gained Michael's Club. CS lost the specialty dining but gained nothing. Other than extra CC points and a larger cabin, there is nothing to justify the additional cost (and the difference is usually far more than either of those would be worth to most people).

They gained the Luminae, but it depends on how far back to want to go for the comparison.

There is no menu currently in the Eclipse's MC.

No problem finding a comfortable seat on the first day although to concierge is a little anxious about the possibility. We consider the addition of the MC venue to be a positive change.

Edited by jagoffee

I booked before the end of 2015 and they said they would honor the two complimentary specialty dinners.

I intend to make use of Michaels Club every day. I have missed it since it became a craft beer lounge and then closed to non-suite guests.

Hi

Like yourself, my husband and I booked our upcoming cruise on the Celebrity Solstice prior to December 2015 (I think we booked it in April 2015).

We were disappointed to read that the specialty dinners had been removed from Sky Suites (this is our first cruise with Celebrity and opted to have a Sky Suite). Upon reading your post it has given us faith that they will honor the deals that were on offer when we reserved our suite.

Do we need to confirm this with our travel agent or when we board the Solstice?

With many thanks,

Marita

Hi

Like yourself, my husband and I booked our upcoming cruise on the Celebrity Solstice prior to December 2015 (I think we booked it in April 2015).

We were disappointed to read that the specialty dinners had been removed from Sky Suites (this is our first cruise with Celebrity and opted to have a Sky Suite). Upon reading your post it has given us faith that they will honor the deals that were on offer when we reserved our suite.

Do we need to confirm this with our travel agent or when we board the Solstice?

With many thanks,

Marita

This was confirmed on the Celebrity Facebook page on 18th November. I have a screen shot of the page in my dropbox so that I have it when I go on the cruise.

They also confirmed on Cruise Critic on the same day that Luminae would be closed for lunch on port days but you could use bistro on 5 free.

I would have posted the screenshots but when I try and copy and paste it does not work.

I would trace the postings and take a screen shot with you.

They are honoring both promises

We had issues in September on the Eclipse where they had decided to ignore what Celebrity had said regarding Luminae doing breakfast, lunch and dinner. They did a brunch 4 days in a row.

While I had the transcript of what the chief exec told cruise critic last summer on my phone, I suspect without that they would have tried to argue the point.

I feel it is better to be prepared just in case as all it needs is a new hotel director or concierge for them to start making it up as they go along again and have copies of all of their statements with me.

This was confirmed on the Celebrity Facebook page on 18th November. I have a screen shot of the page in my dropbox so that I have it when I go on the cruise.

They also confirmed on Cruise Critic on the same day that Luminae would be closed for lunch on port days but you could use bistro on 5 free.

I would have posted the screenshots but when I try and copy and paste it does not work.

I would trace the postings and take a screen shot with you.

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for the information... I will go onto the Facebook page and take a screenshot of it.

Looking forward to our cruise - albeit a few months away. (In the interim have two lots of surgery due so hopefully fully recovered before we go on holiday).

With best wishes,

Marita:)

First time I have posted a picture so I hope this comes out.

Anyhow, can someone confirm if this is a real picture of the Michael's Club on Millennium, rather than just a stock library photo ? Getting confused as seen posts talking about windowless rooms, albeit that maybe on another category of ship.

I am mostly interested in the door to the deck as I am a smoker and I believe that deck area (4, portside) is one of the designated smoking areas. Which if all correct will turn out to be very convenient.

Many thanks

michaelsbar-1600x900_tcm27-81771.jpg.1127ac50df5bbba741d8460c5cf580b5.jpg

Yes, that is an M-class ship Michael's Club so the one on Millennium will be like this. When people say that their are no windows, they are probably speaking of the S-class ships although technically correct for M-class as well because it is a door not a window!

I am not a smoker and I think the area used for them is different on different ship but I am fairly certain that the area close to Michael's Club door was set up with chairs, tables and ashtrays when we were on Millennium in April/May last year. However, I saw no smokers so cannot confirm for certain.

Anyhow, can someone confirm if this is a real picture of the Michael's Club on Millennium, rather than just a stock library photo ? Getting confused as seen posts talking about windowless rooms, albeit that maybe on another category of ship.

I am mostly interested in the door to the deck as I am a smoker and I believe that deck area (4, portside) is one of the designated smoking areas. Which if all correct will turn out to be very convenient.

Many thanks

Project_gal is right, but I will add just that M-class Michaels Club is on Starboard, not port and I believe smoking areas are port. However, I have seen on a few occasions guests smoking outside of Michaels Club, once q cigar.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Project_gal is right, but I will add just that M-class Michaels Club is on Starboard, not port and I believe smoking areas are port. However, I have seen on a few occasions guests smoking outside of Michaels Club, once q cigar.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I'm almost certain smoking is on the port size and Michaels Club is port side. I just looked at Millie and MC is on the left ie port side.

I'm almost certain smoking is on the port size and Michaels Club is port side. I just looked at Millie and MC is on the left ie port side.

Lol, yes, you are correct, I was turned around in my head, this happens when you're not on the ship and your cabin is near the back. Not the first time I have done this. Should check deck plans, especially when you're not fully awake.

The only thing I would add is I believe smoking is supposed to be aft, but I have seen it move around on deck 4 port.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Many thanks

Yes, that picture is correct but it does show the only window (and the door to the outside) so there is really only one table with a view to the outside and when sitting/standing at the bar you can look outside, the rest of the room is dark and without outside light or a view. I'll see if I have a picture of the rest.

Why?

If you go to the Martini Bar, you cannot use your classic package for a Martini. If you like wine, you are very limited by the classic package. You can get some top shelf drinks and wine at Michael's, but are limited at other venues.

It really depends on your preferences.

Ken

Don't tell that to the bartenders on our last cruise. We used our classic package there with no problem

Yes, that picture is correct but it does show the only window (and the door to the outside) so there is really only one table with a view to the outside and when sitting/standing at the bar you can look outside, the rest of the room is dark and without outside light or a view. I'll see if I have a picture of the rest.

Here is a picture with the camera on the bar or table by those windows looking back into MC. It's really not a big room, there a few more tables to the right of this picture. Not sure about the answer to the smoking area question. BTW: This is the Milli. The door to the outside and the windows to with the view outside are to the left of this picture.

fokmec.jpg

Edited by rmalbers

Here are a couple of pictures from outside the MC door on the Milli. The first one is looking aft, you can see the glass elevators. The second one is looking forward, I think there might be smoking there?

9zvifr.jpg

a0wawl.jpg

Edited by rmalbers

I'm getting conflicting information about Sky Suites and Michael's Club. I've been reading that Sky Suite guests will now be given access to Michael's Club. I also read that Sky Suite guests will no longer receive two free specialty dinners. However, when I spoke to a Celebrity rep yesterday, she told me that Sky Suite guests don't have access to Michael's Club and still receive two free dinners at specialty restaurants.

Can anyone clarify with certainty the current policy?

I'm getting conflicting information about Sky Suites and Michael's Club. I've been reading that Sky Suite guests will now be given access to Michael's Club. I also read that Sky Suite guests will no longer receive two free specialty dinners. However, when I spoke to a Celebrity rep yesterday, she told me that Sky Suite guests don't have access to Michael's Club and still receive two free dinners at specialty restaurants.

Can anyone clarify with certainty the current policy?

The Celebrity Rep is wrong.

Sky Suites have access to Michael's Club.

Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites used to have 1 or 2 free specialty dinners.

This benefit (free specialty dinners) is no longer given for new bookings.