Just off Brilliance - Nice but LOUD

CarolGS

We just returned from the Brilliance of the Seas and had a hump cabin as well on deck 9 cabin 9586 and didn't hear any noise coming from the Centrum.

Do you have any pics of the balcony? We are in the same cabin on the serenade. Never had a hump cabin and im hoping a lounge chair would fit.

Thanks

I just got off The Brilliance of the Seas and the live band Kronos was the highlight of my trip. It wasn't loud at all! The musicians in this band are extremely talented. The best live band I have heard in a long time! I was with 300 people and we all enjoyed Kronos very much! We will be going on The Oasis of The Seas in January 2017 and we would love to have Kronos on this cruise line!!!

I just got off The Brilliance of the Seas and the live band Kronos was the highlight of my trip. It wasn't loud at all! The musicians in this band are extremely talented. The best live band I have heard in a long time! I was with 300 people and we all enjoyed Kronos very much! We will be going on The Oasis of The Seas in January 2017 and we would love to have Kronos on this cruise line!!!

We also enjoyed Kronos on Brilliance this past December. Excellent band. However, if you ever get the chance to see Rock the Boat (Anthem I think), they are even better.

Does anyone know if the band Kronos is still playing on Brilliance of the seas ?

We sail on the 13th ,hopefully they'll be there for our cruise.

Bob will you be on Brilliance anytime soon ?

Our next Brilliance cruise is not until October.

We have a deck 8 corner aft :) in 18 days

Our aft is corner also, have been wanting to get a aft , have not had one in 8 years, funny when we booked our cruise 2 years before sailing it was already booked, but checked again a couple of months ago and saw it was available and grabbed it. Ship as only 1 aft GS I think

Do you have any pics of the balcony? We are in the same cabin on the serenade. Never had a hump cabin and im hoping a lounge chair would fit.

Thanks

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the balcony. There are two chairs and a table I don't think a lounge chair would fit.

Does anyone know if the band Kronos is still playing on Brilliance of the seas ?

We sail on the 13th ,hopefully they'll be there for our cruise.

Bob will you be on Brilliance anytime soon ?

Just got off the Brilliance yesterday.....we were on the Brilliance 12/10, 12/14, 1/21, and 1/25, and Kronos was still there. Great band!

On another note, be careful when walking in the Windjammer...the floors can be very slippery. Yesterday morning a woman fell on the starboard side rear area when I was going to get coffee at the outside drink station. A minute later when I walked back in, a man was laying on the floor in the same location waiting for medical treatment.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Brilliance last year, we took a trip to Canada. The group aboard was senior citizens. I noticed a completely different type of music on this trip in the Centrum, a much louder rock music. It seemed the music around the ship was geared to a much younger crowd. We have been on the Jewel and the Radiance, both had more soft rock in the Centrum. Much more to our taste than the music on the Brilliance.

I have cabin 8576 booked in May on the Jewel. Do you think we will hear noise from the centrum? I have never been on a cruise so not sure what to expect. We were originally in a connecting stateroom with a balcony but then I saw 8576 open up and thought it may be better so I switched cabins.

Any problems with the noise on the other side of the hump? Say 8596 for instance?

Last week, we had 8590 on the Jewel. Not only could you hear the music every night, the balcony was angled and so small, we could not use our balcony. When I asked, they stated they could not shut the fire doors. They had 3 inside cabins left on the ship, and I said we would be happy to move. The guest service agent said they were not allowed to downgrade a cabin. I told them it was fine, because I needed sleep. But they would not do it. Bring your ear plugs. Our friends were in 8592, and their noise was better. I think our room was a direct earshot.

I had the same cabin on Jewel when it was out of Tampa. Fortunately I am hard of hearing, but 12am- 12:30 isn't that late! If it is, I would definitely recommend getting a cabin further back. The only noise problem I have ever had was being on deck 12 just under the solarium on Allure. The Dance party there went till 3am. I know how to get deck 12 forward now!

Yikes - we just booked one of the new deck 11 forward cabins on the Jewel for the med. They are down the side of where the spa is now just in front of the solarium. Are we likely to be kept up by loud music every night until 3am?!

Last week, we had 8590 on the Jewel. Not only could you hear the music every night, the balcony was angled and so small, we could not use our balcony. When I asked, they stated they could not shut the fire doors. They had 3 inside cabins left on the ship, and I said we would be happy to move. The guest service agent said they were not allowed to downgrade a cabin. I told them it was fine, because I needed sleep. But they would not do it. Bring your ear plugs. Our friends were in 8592, and their noise was better. I think our room was a direct earshot.

We had #9078 on the Serenade 8/19/10 sail and not only the 1st cabin by the Centrum, but also by the elevator, which made it doubly worse. We lasted 3 night and finally were able to vacate and go to #8048 a lower cabin. We were told the same thing by the GS Manager that they could not downgrade us. I told her that was a ridiculous policy, but after going back & forth, she finally relented. We could not move any faster--it was midnight when the cabin was available. For all of the aggravation we were given a nice credit in the form of NCC.

In the future any hump cabin that we may be interested make sure that it is not near any Centrum(s).

I have cabin 8576 booked in May on the Jewel. Do you think we will hear noise from the centrum? I have never been on a cruise so not sure what to expect. We were originally in a connecting stateroom with a balcony but then I saw 8576 open up and thought it may be better so I switched cabins.

You should be ok as you will be 6 cabins away.

• 2 months later...

Just back from 9078 on the Serenade .

Had 9078 on the Radiance and Jewel years ago and enjoyed the large balcony and closeness to the elevators . Never recall any real noise problem from the atrium then .

Thinks have changed . Too much loud entertainment late in the Centrum nowadays . 9078 will be fairly noisy even when the fire door is closed .

I wish RCI would move some of these events to the Safari Club or showroom .