How to "surprise" someone with a cruise! Suggestions?

Aw......how sweet..............but that's more than 2 weeks notice :p

Luckie Puris - hang in there keep the suspense going :)

Thanks Dizzy, will be sure to come back and let everyone know how it went!

The clues are all printed and ready, have the seasickness tablets, printed off the tickets, packing list done!

My partner enjoys cruising but takes no interest in cruise critic! I haven't added a countdown in my signature incase he glanced over and saw that, but he wouldn't go onto cruise critic for anything.

He's still none the wiser, almost a week!

Good luck, the last it is probably the trickiest.

Getting closer, I am surprised you can keep a straight face around him. I would be bursting.

That'd be my next problem after the money.

Plus Mrs Gut reads me like a book.

No hope, don't think I've ever kept a secret from her for very long.

I love reading all these surprises and am trying to decide how to surprise dh. I've got us booked on the Harmony TA on Oct 23rd and he has NO idea. Fortunately he's not on CC either. ;)

I've been waffling on either telling him the night before or telling him the morning that we need to head out to the airport. Fortunately he's a fast packer if all the laundry is done. We have to drive 3 hours to the airport (we live in Texas so no worries about weather/delays)

All these ideas are so helpful! I just LOVE surprises :D:D

I love reading all these surprises and am trying to decide how to surprise dh. I've got us booked on the Harmony TA on Oct 23rd and he has NO idea. Fortunately he's not on CC either. ;)

I've been waffling on either telling him the night before or telling him the morning that we need to head out to the airport. Fortunately he's a fast packer if all the laundry is done. We have to drive 3 hours to the airport (we live in Texas so no worries about weather/delays)

I would do it the night (or more) before to give him time to organise being away.

Good luck, the last it is probably the trickiest.

You are very right! I'm starting work a little later on Thursday so can pack the bag while he's not home. Just have to keep acting normal :)

Getting closer, I am surprised you can keep a straight face around him. I would be bursting.

It's hard! I think Friday will be hardest to keep quiet as we enjoy the days scavenger hunt leading up to the cruise.

That is so exciting!! If he is fashion conscious and enjoys packing his own bag and it is a decent length cruise, either the night before or the day of would be a great time to tell him.

My partner likes picking out his own things to pack, he is the fashionable one in the relationship! But I figured for a three night cruise, how wrong can I go with packing for him?! I'll just pack double what I think he needs so he has options.

There are some websites that you make custom puzzles where it could be a picture of the ship and sailing date, or a picture of his cruise ticket? That could be a nice way to announce the surprise!

Or maybe breakfast in bed with coffee and Danishes, has a very cruise feel!

Good luck and please come back and post with how you went!

That'd be my next problem after the money.

Plus Mrs Gut reads me like a book.

No hope, don't think I've ever kept a secret from her for very long.

I am the worst and can never ever keep a surprise, I get too excited and want to tell! So I'm very proud that it's been two months and I've managed to keep it quiet :)

My husband gave me an anniversary card which read:

For Your Anniversary,

How Does A Cruise To The Caribbean Sound?

When the card is opened, a blaring ship horn is heard.

BTW, before your hearts melt from thinking that my husband surprised me with a cruise....he didn't. He just thought he card was funny.:D

Thank you for sharing your lovely story,

You're Welcome.

I'm sure that would have been an amazing cruise for your family!

Oh, it was just the two of them.

After having at least one teenager in the household for 20 consecutive years, we figured they had suffered enough.:D

Wow I didn't know that bit of history :) Thank you again!

Considering how many Yankee cadets were sneaking around to get married at the time, I suppose the history books didn't think it was worth mentioning. I didn't know about the initial ban, either, until my parents told me.

I'll be sure to come back with an update and review :)

Looking forward to the report. I must admit that I do admire your ability to keep your mouth shut. You must be bursting!

For Your Anniversary,

BTW, before your hearts melt from thinking that my husband surprised me with a cruise....he didn't. He just thought he card was funny.:D

Now that is love. :p

Edited by MicCanberra

For Your Anniversary,

Aww what a lovely card! Love the story :)

Yes bursting! Just working through the washing tonight so packing is quick and easy :)

Edited by LuckiePuris

I'm excited for you! I've kept our cruise a secret from our kids so far, plan on telling them in November, for a December cruise. I have no idea if I'll make it that far...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Awesome pressy for your kids, good luck.:D

I'm excited for you! I've kept our cruise a secret from our kids so far, plan on telling them in November, for a December cruise. I have no idea if I'll make it that far...

Wow that's so exciting! They'll love the surprise, especially as the cruise will be soon after :)

Awesome pressy for your kids, good luck.:D

It's mostly to stop them pestering me for months beforehand [emoji38][emoji6] I may tell them in September considering my daughters birthday is then and she'll be getting a waterproof camera and snorkelling equipment, might be a giveaway [emoji13]

It's mostly to stop them pestering me for months beforehand [emoji38][emoji6] I may tell them in September considering my daughters birthday is then and she'll be getting a waterproof camera and snorkelling equipment, might be a giveaway [emoji13]

Nice, it may give it away but at least you have a plan.

Small update: we have three days off in a row which is rare for us! To throw him off the scent that we may have things planned / going away, I've had a family member who is in on the secret ask if we want to have dinner on Saturday night.

This should remove any thought of a mini holiday :)