Are there deck chairs on the promenade?

lemonade-sails

We have sailed RCCL twice and looking to try NCL this year. One thing I've noticed in photos of NCL ships is a lack of deck chairs on the promenade deck. I love being so close to the water and relaxing. Are the deck chairs only around the pools?

Thanks!

Edited by lemonade-sails

We have sailed RCCL twice and looking to try NCL this year. One thing I've noticed in photos of NCL ships is a lack of deck chairs on the promenade deck. I love being so close to the water and relaxing. Are the deck chairs only around the pools?

Thanks!

Which ship? The NCL Jewel had chaises and elsewhere had chairs, even a small table. All on the promenade deck.

not on the Dawn. I have complained about this numerous times to deaf ears at NCL. I have been on4 Dawn cruises over the last 5 years and there are only maybe 10-15 deck chairs on the promenade. If you go out there to enjoy the view and shade, you have to stand. the spirit years ago had plenty of lounge chairs and tables with chairs like other cruise lines.

We were on the Star in Nov ’14 and the Dawn in Feb ’15 and both had a very small number of loungers on the promenade deck. Here are a couple of photos taken in Feb on the Dawn. On sea days, chair hogs would show up early and place books or other personal items to reserve the loungers.

In the photo below, notice that 5 of the loungers are made for couples and 2 are individual loungers.

72gmc6.jpg

Here’s another image from the Dawn. This is how most of the promenade deck looks.

9fwihj.jpg

They have them on the Gem.

They do, but not that many. The layout on the Jewel class ships doesn't have that much space for loungers. Here's a shot of the promenade deck on the Jewel, a sister ship of the Gem, Pearl, and Jade, so the OP can see what I mean:

JewelCruiseOct2010519_01.jpg

(photo by turtles06)