Help With My Son's Wish

Such a nice thread - It would make a great Cruise Critic or RCCL story.

Shows how fun a cruise can be for a little boy, his mom's idea to make it special, and those on the message board or on the ship who offered help to make the activity work for the family.

OP- enjoy the cruise

Marci

Edited by cruisegirl1

Don't hesitate to use the beach wheelchair if needed. We use one for my daughter, even though she is capable of walking, it offers her a little place to call home when not in a familiar surroundings. Plus, it gives me a sense of security knowing that she isn't going to run off while I'm looking the other way.

Also - I remember you have teens that are coming. Don't hesitate to ask us or the staff to do whatever would make their trip absolutely amazing as well!

Someone mentioned contacting the concierge ahead of time, and I think that is a great idea. The concierge is there to assist guests booked in suites, but I think he/she would be willing and able to pass your situation on to someone who might help arrange this for you. I believe the address would be:

FR_Concierge@rccl.com

(I'm sure someone will correct me, if that's wrong.) If you do contact, I'd explain the situation and acknowledge that you know it's not the concierge's job to help you, but that if they could pass your request on to someone who might be able to help arrange this, you'd be very grateful. Include your name, reservation number, and cabin number.

Good luck!

I'm a wish granter volunteer with Make A Wish and SO wish I was on your sailing to help! It sounds like you've got some great support from folks on these boards, and on your actual cruise. I hope you ALL have a magical time with some well-deserved fun and relaxation! Please post when you're home so we can hear about how it all went!

I am also a volunteer with MAW and I wish I was there to help! My best advice is to either get in contact with your wish granters and see if they can put anything through at the last minute! Talk to a manager at the concierge desk once you get on board and they may help as well. I've heard of wish kids and their families being invited to meet the captain, so maybe he will be able to help!

Every Royal cruise we have ever been on they have the kids from Adventure Ocean dress as pirates and "capture the ship" Maybe they can tie your son's wish in with this on Labadee since it is their private island. Not sure how it would work but they might be able to give you some ideas. I hope his wish is totally granted in a most incredible way! I believe you can make this happen for him and that you will find some willing helpers along the way.

Look into the roll call. Might be some meet and greet members that would volunteer with this wish.... I know if I was on this cruise be busting doors downs to be involved.

Have somebody go to the island first and hide treasures.... then take your son.

Please keep us updated on this....

I'm not sure if anyone is still checking this or not, but after getting so much help here, our treasure hunt didn't get to happen since we didn't stop in Labadee. Is there anyone on board that is somewhat creative that might be willing to help me throw something together?

As mentioned earlier, I know a person (lisa) on Grand Cayman who does sunset cruises, tours and dives. If she isn't booked, I'm certain she would be willing to put something together. Would you like me to connect you to her? I have reached out to Lisa and ask if they/she are interested and could accomidate. Assuming you'd be in Grand Cayman on 1/21 (thurs).

Edited by momo2000

OK, I connected with Lisa on Grand Cayman, and she things she can do it. Can you please email me: Merrill@fouroakes.com and then I'll connect you two do discuss (details, budget, timing, etc.) . . . and I'll get out of the way.

This is so awesome! Thank you so much for stepping in to help. Fingers crossed that this all works out!

You might want to plan for a port other than Labadee...with the problems going on there right now you might not end up even getting to the port. Grand Cayman has some nice beaches that might work for this too

Wishmade2015: You still there? I haven't heard from you. Please email me at: Merrill@FourOakes.com if you want me to connect you with Lisa on Grand Cayman.

Unfortunately it looks like the OP is on the Freedom this week so they were the ones that did miss Labadee :(. Hopefully they have alternate plans already in place. This is the type of thread we need to see more of here on CC.

To the OP I hope everything was able to work out for you and your son and that you enjoyed your trip. Please do come back next week and let use know how everything went.

Edited by akcruz

I'm sorry for not updating sooner. Grant has had an allergic reaction to something and is feeling poorly, so we spent the morning seeing the doctor.

Momo2000, thank you so much! I definitely appreciate you stepping in to help. Because of the way he is feeling, I'm not sure he will be leaving the ship tomorrow. I think at this point we are just going to stick to planning something onboard. I'm so sorry that you wasted your time trying to help us.