"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Jan 16, 2016

Radio

Hello everyone . . . Today is boarding day. I booked this Cruise about 6 months ago and now Cruising day is here . . . I woke at “Radio Dark30” today and am planning to arrive at Cruise Maryland around 11AM. I live just about 20 miles from the pier so it shouldn’t take too long for transit.

Grandeur of the Seas is heading north in the Chesapeake Bay and should arrive around 7AM. Over 2000 passengers will be very sad when they wake up to this cold Saturday, but many other passengers will be smiling as they will be heading to Cruise Maryland later this morning for 8 nights of fun and relaxation.

It seems that the forecast was correct. It is a little cold (40F), and it may warm up to a balmy 45F later today. I may have to stop for some Vitamin C (Coffee) on the way.

My next post will be onboard beautiful Grandeur of the Seas before muster!

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

Good Morning Baltimore . . . “LIVE” from Grandeur of the Seas begins today!

GMB.jpg

I will be joining her very soon. . .

GR16A.jpg

©Mark Chatfield

No 4G or 3G for this voyage . . . I will be happy with SEA G

RC2.jpg

My tags are printed, now I must start packing

GRT.jpg

I think a may visit Café Latte-tudes on Deck 6 often this week . . .

CL2013.jpg

©Mark Chatfield

Grandeur of the Seas current location

MAP1.jpg

Courtesy of Marinetraffic.com

Edited by Radio

I think a may visit Café Latte-tudes on Deck 6 often this week . . .

CL2013.jpg

[emoji767]Mark Chatfield

I may have to upgrade my drink package once I board today. Had no idea they serve Starbucks at Café Latte-tudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. . . . I will once again be heading down to Cruise Maryland tomorrow (at the Port of Baltimore) to board the beautiful Grandeur of the Seas for an 8 night sailing . . . I have not sailed with Royal Caribbean since this time last year for Quantum of the Seas in Jan 2015.

I will be posting “LIVE” daily with photos and comments about the public areas, cabins, and our ports of call. Grandeur of the Seas will be sailing to Port Canaveral, Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West this week. The weather over the last two weeks has been very cold, and I am looking forward to a little warmth as we head down to Key West. The weather forecast for tomorrow will be a little cold (44F) . . . I am not happy about that, but with each hour sailing south the temperature should increase.

My last sailing with Grandeur of the Seas was to Bermuda in Oct/Nov 2013. That “LIVE” post can be viewed HERE.

The ship appears to be sold out as a lot of passengers want to sail south to escape the cold from Maryland in January. I will be travelling solo and plan to get a lot of rest for the next eight nights, but will be ready to bring Grandeur of the Seas to you through my eyes. I am hoping for a valid wireless connection as I will be connected to Unlimited Internet for the duration of this voyage.

The Roll Call for this sailing has over 100 members, and it will be nice to see everyone for our Meet and Mingle that is scheduled for Sunday morning.

Radio

Grandeur of the Seas at Cruise Maryland

CM12GR.jpg

Aerial Image courtesy of Maryland Port Administration 2012

Grandeur of the Seas in San Juan, PR

GRSJ.jpg

Royal Caribbean International

Izumi on Deck 11

F38.JPG

Grandeur of the Seas Centrum “WOW” in Sep 2013

CWOW.jpg

My Itinerary for the next 8 nights

GR8.jpg

The Sea is Calling . . . I need to be recharged . . .

RC.jpg

Have a great time on your cruise ... I'll board on March 30th for a 10 night Eastern Caribbean cruise ... can't wait!

Hello everyone. . . . I will once again be heading down to Cruise Maryland tomorrow (at the Port of Baltimore) to board the beautiful Grandeur of the Seas for an 8 night sailing . . . I have not sailed with Royal Caribbean since this time last year for Quantum of the Seas in Jan 2015.

I will be posting “LIVE” daily with photos and comments about the public areas, cabins, and our ports of call. Grandeur of the Seas will be sailing to Port Canaveral, Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West this week. The weather over the last two weeks has been very cold, and I am looking forward to a little warmth as we head down to Key West. The weather forecast for tomorrow will be a little cold (44F) . . . I am not happy about that, but with each hour sailing south the temperature should increase.

My last sailing with Grandeur of the Seas was to Bermuda in Oct/Nov 2013. That “LIVE” post can be viewed HERE.

The ship appears to be sold out as a lot of passengers want to sail south to escape the cold from Maryland in January. I will be travelling solo and plan to get a lot of rest for the next eight nights, but will be ready to bring Grandeur of the Seas to you through my eyes. I am hoping for a valid wireless connection as I will be connected to Unlimited Internet for the duration of this voyage.

The Roll Call for this sailing has over 100 members, and it will be nice to see everyone for our Meet and Mingle that is scheduled for Sunday morning.

Radio

Grandeur of the Seas at Cruise Maryland

CM12GR.jpg

Aerial Image courtesy of Maryland Port Administration 2012

Grandeur of the Seas in San Juan, PR

GRSJ.jpg

Izumi on Deck 11

F38.JPG

Grandeur of the Seas Centrum “WOW” in Sep 2013

CWOW.jpg

My Itinerary for the next 8 nights

GR8.jpg

The Sea is Calling . . . I need to be recharged . . .

RC.jpg

Always look forward to your photo's and honest reviews, enjoy! Will be sailing on her for a 9 day N.E. and Canada cruise in August. Have always enjoyed the crew and Officers on board Grandeur.....K.O.

Hello everyone . . . Welcome to DAY 1 of “LIVE” from Grandeur of the Seas. I made it onboard by 11:15. I arrived at the Pier about 11AM, and made it through security quickly. I checked in, received my SeaPass card and was guided on board Grandeur right away. I walked past the Welcome Aboard photo set up (inside Cruise Maryland) and worked my way through the multi ramp Gangway to Deck 4.

I immediately headed up to the Windjammer on Deck 9, but I was unable to find the Honey Stung Chicken . . . I don’t know why I love that so much, but I really do. I decide to dine at Park Café . . . . I love the choices there, and plan to visit often. I need to visit Great Gatsby Dining Room on Deck 5 as I need to set my reservations for MTD with several Cruise Critic friends.

I like the way Grandeur of the Seas now offer a NEW Luggage storage system. . .You can store all of your carryon luggage at Chops Grille on Deck 6 from 11AM to 1PM. You can pick up your carryon bags before going to your cabin. The Drink of the Day is Blue Caribbean. . . (I will have the Radio drink of the day. . . Starbucks Frappuccino)

Our Muster drill is scheduled for 3:15, and we are scheduled for Sail away at 4PM. I expect it to be dark before we get to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (near Annapolis). . . . Here are a few pics from embarkation. . .I will try to get a few more after Sailaway.

Our Captain this week will be Captain Trond Holm, while the Cruise Director is Paul Rutter

Thanks for the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in.

Radio

There she is !

AA2.jpg

I made it with no worries. . .

AA3.jpg

I like the way Cruise Maryland enclosed the walkway between the Terminal and Gangway

AA6.jpg

I’m almost there. . .

AA7.jpg

On board and ready to go

AA13.jpg

I’m sure there will be a lot of pool use later today. . .

AA8.jpg

Hi Radio -

On our last cruise was told honey stung chicken taken off the menu for all ships in fleet - that was always my go to first meal in Windjammer for lunch. Didn't ruin cruise - still plenty to find that is good. Are you going to Chops? If so - see if they serve the pretzel bread - in October on Liberty they served onion bread - and I missed that delicious pretzel bread. Wishing you smooth sailing and a wonderful cruise:)

Hi Radio -

On our last cruise was told honey stung chicken taken off the menu for all ships in fleet - that was always my go to first meal in Windjammer for lunch. Didn't ruin cruise - still plenty to find that is good. Are you going to Chops? If so - see if they serve the pretzel bread - in October on Liberty they served onion bread - and I missed that delicious pretzel bread. Wishing you smooth sailing and a wonderful cruise:)

Honey stung chicken was served both weeks of my B2B in November on boarding day. When was your last cruise?

They had Honey Stung fried Chicken last week on the Independence. Didn't taste as good as the original did years ago, but they had it.

Do you know what time they actually started embarkation today?

What time was Muster?

Treacher1 I will see you next weekend :)

Edited by Firefighterhoop

>SNIP<

Do you know what time they actually started embarkation today?

What time was Muster?

Embarkation began at 4:30 and the Muster Drill was at 3:15 (Deck 5 - Promenade Deck)

I had a great dinner at Chops Grille, but it appears that now is the time to watch the news . . . Tomorrow is a relaxing day at sea. . .

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio