"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Jan 16, 2016

Radio

Radio, thanks for your wonderful review and photos. My DW and I were on the Grandeur this past October with the same itinerary and you've brought it all back to me. It was a very enjoyable cruise. We loved the MDR and ate dinner there all but one night - excellent food and service. We also ate lunch in the MDR a couple times - the Tutti salad bar is awesome. I agree with you about Cococay. Paradise.

I asked a bar server and was told there are no drink coupon cards offered for this sailing. It appears that it was a test to see if it would work. The crew member suggested that he is unsure if it will return. . .

Radio

;);)

It appears that i asked the wrong crew member. . . I stopped at the Schooner Bar before dinner for a coke and asked him the same question.

They DO have the Drink Card. The cost is $89.95 for a 10 Drink Card. You can also get an Unlimited 1 Day Drink Package for $60. I asked him if that was for sea days only (what I read) or for any day. . .He wasn't sure about that, but he said he would find out.

The Drink Card does NOT include gratuity. . .

Radio

;);)

Great review and pics as usual!! Thank you!! We have friends on board so glad to see warm weather for you all!! Has Captain mentioned any issues in regards to the blizzard impacting your arrival?

>SNIP<

The Captain has not mentioned it, but I am sure he is well informed on the situation. We will probably hear something on Saturday. (last day at sea)

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

You mention two different lounges. Which allow suite guests who are not Diamond

My first time on RCCL in years so any information is appreciated.

The Concierge Lounge is for Suite Guests, (Grand Suite and above) Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle. DECK 11

The Diamond Lounge is for Diamond Level and above. DECK 6

Radio

;);)

It appears that i asked the wrong crew member. . . I stopped at the Schooner Bar before dinner for a coke and asked him the same question.

They DO have the Drink Card. The cost is $89.95 for a 10 Drink Card. You can also get an Unlimited 1 Day Drink Package for $60. I asked him if that was for sea days only (what I read) or for any day. . .He wasn't sure about that, but he said he would find out.

Radio

;);)

Thank you for the info, good to know. Glad to see and experience with you, your wonderful vacation. Hope you are able to continue to enjoy the remainder just as much.

Great blog as usual.

We're leaving from Baltimore on 2/3 for a 10 dayer.

Your pis are great! I noticed some of your photos have a slight curvature effect.

What kind of cam/lenses are you using??

Great blog. Thank you for all the great pictures and comments. Love your reviews.

Live in Baltimore and going on this cruise Feb. 13th. We only live 5 miles from the port.

We do have one question how do people dress for the formal nights now? In the picture where the Captain is taking photos it looked like most people were not dressed formal.

Thank you and looking forward to continuing to read you review.

dothow

Baltimore

Hello everyone and good morning. . . Welcome to DAY 6 of “LIVE” from Grandeur of the Seas. We have arrived in Key West. We docked at 8AM at the Westin Pier.

Today all passengers were required to do an Immigration Check. Mine was scheduled for 8:15AM and it didn’t take too long. Many passengers were grumbling about RCI and why they had to do this. Other passengers were suggesting to the complainers that RCI is required to do this due to US laws.

It really was not that bad. The line was long but moved quickly.

The forecast today is for mostly sunny skies and 75F . . . I'll take that !

I will be renting a scooter today and tour Key West. . .I may get a jacket for the voyage home. Here are a few pics of our arrival.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Another wonderful sunrise as Grandeur approaches Key West

K6.jpg

I can see Regatta as we prepare to dock at the Westin Pier

K3.jpg

Grandeur of the Seas approaches the pier slowly

K2.jpg

Immigration Officers ready to board

K9.jpg

The line started in the Schooner Bar, but I am almost to Palladium Theater

K4.jpg

I made to the Immigration Check. . .The line was long but it only took about

15 min

K10.jpg

Does the immigration check always occur in Key West after going to the Bahamas? I guess I would assume it has to occur at whichever the first port of entry into the US after being in non-US ports. Does that then mean there is no immigration check in Baltimore?

These are good things to know ahead of our February 13 cruise - thanks for your great review!

Does the immigration check always occur in Key West after going to the Bahamas? I guess I would assume it has to occur at whichever the first port of entry into the US after being in non-US ports. Does that then mean there is no immigration check in Baltimore?

These are good things to know ahead of our February 13 cruise - thanks for your great review!

We did this itinerary two years ago on Grandeur. Yes, we were checked by immigration before going ashore in Key West. We also went through the normal customs check upon returning in Baltimore.

Radio

;);)

Thank you. I guess we will just check with the bar.

also were getting lots of snow on Saturday. Hope they have people to help dig out cars when you guys get back

Sure hope the weather man is wrong in his calculations.

Maybe you could just stay on and enjoy the next cruise with us.:D

Again, thank you for your updates and pictures.

Hello everyone. . . I left the ship at about 9:30 and walked over to Hydro Thunder rentals across the street from the Sunset Key Resort. I rented an electric car and it was fun to drive. It kind of like a golf cart but is street ready, and designed for the road.(The maximum speed limit is 24mph)

I rode around and explored Key West . . . I can tell you that I would like to come again and stay for several days. Key West is a little quirky yet charming. There are great places to eat and lots of things to do. There are a ton of hotel rooms, a lot of boating choices for pleasure boating, sport fishing as well as several ferries. Today the weather was pleasant. . .A little cloudy but a nice 75F. (with no rain)

I drove around the city to just observe and think about the possibility of coming back again soon. . . I also made it to the Hemingway House where I seem to always end up. I was able have a great lunch, and do some shopping. Note to Radio : “Bring a sweatshirt when you are cruising from Baltimore in January”

I made it back to the ship by 3, and we will set sail for Baltimore at 5PM

Here are a few pics from this afternoon. . . Thanks for tuning in

Radio

All passengers must be back on board by 4:30PM

K11.jpg

Grandeur of the Seas docked at Westin Pier in Key West

K14.jpg

Oceania Regatta docked at Mallory Square pier will be leaving at 5 also. . .

K15.jpg

The Key West Aquarium

K16.jpg

Key West Lighthouse

K17.jpg

I loved my small rental for the day. It worked out very nice. . .

K22.jpg

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

I loved the Hemingway House . . . I come here every visit to Key West

K19.jpg

The small kitty condos are built to resemble the Hemingway house

K18.jpg

I drove by the Southernmost Point, but the line was too long to have a photo taken

K20.jpg

I was able to make it to Key West International Airport

K23.jpg

I tried to buy a Starbucks Americano, but no luck.

K24.jpg

There weren’t many passengers here today

K25.jpg

Edited by Radio