I spent the day at British Colonial Hilton

DD20.jpg

There was not much swimming today

DD21.jpg

There were a lot of passengers in line to get back on the ship

DD24.jpg

It’s time to go in for dinner

DD28.jpg

Yes it is. My bad :o The following cruise on my spreadsheet is a nine-night one. Sorry about that.

N Ray H

I got scared! Lol. Looking forward to more of Radio's review and our Dec 22 Grandeur cruise.

Having a bad day so taking some time to cruise with Radio this morning. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this Radio!

Good morning everyone. Welcome to DAY 5 of "LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas.

We are currently anchored just off of Coco Cay (Berry Islands) .We could see Coco Cay by 7AM, and were anchored by about 8AM. (About 1000 yard from the island) The first passengers went ashore at 8:15. I will be going ashore by around 10AM. It should be a short 5 min tender ride. The weather today seems promising. The skies are sunny with a few clouds. It is currently 70F but will increase to 80F this afternoon. That last tender back to the ship will be at 3:30.

I ate again last night in Windjammer, and the choices were very good. I hardly ever eat fish at home but have had fish every day so far (except Day 1) I think I like just dining for 1 hour, but I will make it to the MDR this week (I still have 4 nights left) I’m sure I will try Izumi this week. I loved dining there on Oasis of the Seas, and Allure of the Seas.

Here are a few pics from this morning. . . There will be many more once I’m back on board.

The Drink of today is Ultimate Mai Tai. . .

Radio

I loved the sunrise this morning

EE2.jpg

The sun is trying to peek through the clouds

EE3.jpg

Life raft drills were being performed by the crew on Deck 9

EE6.jpg

I am happy that Grandeur of the Seas is being warmed up today

EE7.jpg

Food supplies are being tendered ashore also

EE8.jpg

Tender is ready to take passengers ashore

EE9.jpg

Edited by Radio

Radio we will be sailing Feb 13 and I was wondering if you could tell me if they had designated times that the kids were able to swim in the indoor solarium pool on some of the colder days down the coast or if they are strictly kept at the outdoor pool?

Have you seen the "drink coupon cards" being offered at all as of yet on this ship? I am aware of all the packages, but have been reading lately of discounted punch cards for 10 drinks good for one day, or 10 drinks good for multiple days.?

Hope you are having a fantastic day in Coco Cay. We spent the day on Barefoot beach in a clamshell there just 3 weeks ago. It was an absolutely beautiful day. Hope you got to walk around and see the Iquana's, they were huge! I think one of them had to be 7 - 8 feet long.

Can you tell me who the Diamond Lounge concierge is? Is it Inna? IF so can you get me her email address? I am hoping to speak with her before boarding. We are also on Feb 13th sailing!

Inna is currently the Concierge up in the Concierge Lounge.

It looks like the Diamond Concerge is Mo. GR_DIAMONDCONCERGE@RCCL.COM

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Have you seen the "drink coupon cards" being offered at all as of yet on this ship? I am aware of all the packages, but have been reading lately of discounted punch cards for 10 drinks good for one day, or 10 drinks good for multiple days.?

Hope you are having a fantastic day in Coco Cay. We spent the day on Barefoot beach in a clamshell there just 3 weeks ago. It was an absolutely beautiful day. Hope you got to walk around and see the Iquana's, they were huge! I think one of them had to be 7 - 8 feet long.

I was on the 1/6 Grandeur sailing. I did not hear any offers for drink cards. However, they had a one-day drink package for the normal daily price available for the final sea day.

I was on the 1/6 Grandeur sailing. I did not hear any offers for drink cards. However, they had a one-day drink package for the normal daily price available for the final sea day.

Did they call it the "Go Home With a Hangover" Special?

Can you give us a shot of the Island from the Ship please Radio... so I can picture myself going there for the first time in a few months! :)

Thanks

I was unable to get good shots from the ship, but I will post a few RCI stock pics (aerial photos) Fri- Sat on the way back. . .

Radio

;);)

>SNIP< .

I asked a bar server and was told there are no drink coupon cards offered for this sailing. It appears that it was a test to see if it would work. The crew member suggested that he is unsure if it will return. . .

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Hello everyone . . . I am back onboard from Coco Cay. I can sum up Coco Cay very easily . . . . It is like Paradise. I really love Coco Cay. It is what you may think of a beach lovers’ private island. The water is warm (most of the time) and the beaches are clean and soft. There is island music playing throughout. Yes, there were a lot of passengers, but there are places to be away from all the madness. There are places of solitude and serenity (quiet beaches and lagoons)

There is a lot of shade for those who may not want a ton of sun. The island barbeque was good too. . . There seems to always be someone with a tray of drinks, or a golf cart driving around for beers and sodas. There are several clean restrooms, and there are many family activities and excursions available.

I spoke with many passengers who have never been to Coco Cay. It seems that many ships come here but are unable to tender passengers ashore due the water conditions. I must have been lucky since I have been here maybe 20 times, and only skipped the port once or twice.

The last tender back to the ship was about 3:30 . . . We raised the anchor by 4PM and are on our way to beautiful Key West. We should be picking up the pilot at 7:30AM and are scheduled to dock tomorrow by 8AM. We should be at the Westin Pier and Oceania Regatta should be at the Mallory Square Pier.

I am hoping for warm weather tomorrow . . . The forecast is for sunny skies and 74F

Here are a few pics from the day. Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

We leave on the tender to Coco Cay

EE38.jpg

We made it . . .

EE35.jpg

The last tender is at 3:30PM

EE19.JPG

There were lots of passengers here already

EE29.jpg

Island Oasis is for Suite passengers

EE26.jpg

Which way do I go ?

EE10.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here are a few more. . . I will try to get a few more posted tomorrow with 4G

Radio

The Straw Market had some unusual coconut gifts

EE18.JPG

I like a quiet calm beach

EE14.JPG

Here is one of the small lagoons

EE15.jpg

There is plenty of shade for those who want it.

EE11.JPG

Ahhh . . .my home for the next 4 nights

EE36.jpg

I made it back by 2PM

EE50.jpg

Edited by Radio

Ooops, here are a couple that didn't come through. . .

Radio

Here is one of the small lagoons

EE15.JPG

Approaching CoCo Cay

EE23.jpg

Approaching Coco Cay slowly

EE24.jpg

Lunch was served here. . .

EE30.jpg

Loved the pics of CoCo Cay. I thought Labadee was great until I went to Coco Cay and for me there is no comparison! The sand is so soft and white and the water is beautiful.

I wanted to ask how has the internet been? You are posting and with pics so I guess it is ok. But are you able to get on line anytime or is it hit or miss like it was last time I was on Grandeur three months ago?

I love Key West and am looking forward to your pics.

I asked a bar server and was told there are no drink coupon cards offered for this sailing. It appears that it was a test to see if it would work. The crew member suggested that he is unsure if it will return. . .

Radio

;);)

Thanks for answering cmecompute, I was wondering about this also. Can only hope.

Can't wait to see your pictures from Key West.