Has salmon returned to everyday menu

minniem

We are boarding Emerald Princess on the 30th. and there are two of us in the group who have salmon almost ever night. Does anyone know if it can be requested even if it is not on the menu?

No, from recent posts it appears its being phased out.

It all depends on the ship right now.

There is no way to know until you are onboard.

Just have to ask if its not on the menu.

I love the salmon too!

Edited by Colo Cruiser

No it hasn't returned to the Emerald but I assume that you can make special arrangements with a head waiter the day before to request it. We don't usually request anything special but other often do I'm told.

They do have salmon on the menu at a standard option on usually one night.

My husband and I also get salmon and steamed vegetables almost every night in the MDR. I called Princess when I heard it was no longer on the "always available" menu. The CSR I spoke to didn't know it wasn't there any more. She said to request is, as they always have salmon in the kitchen. I don't know if she knew what she was talking about, but we will definitely be asking for it. If its not there, I guess we will have chicken. No comments please about trying other food; Its a health thing for us.

You might ask the type of salmon- there is a huge difference in taste between "Atlantic" and Wild Alaska- The Atlantic tastes like the grain they feed them.

They took it off of the always available menu. What are the odds of getting wild Alaska salmon that costs more. I'm sure it's farm raised.

You might ask the type of salmon- there is a huge difference in taste between "Atlantic" and Wild Alaska- The Atlantic tastes like the grain they feed them.

Folks seem quite satisified with what was offered previously,

and simply wish it were back on the menu.

What good will asking do? Especially once you are on the ship?

It is like anything served in the dining room, if you don't care

for it, simply ask for something else.

They've substituted 3 Curtis Stone items for them. 2 of them had curry on them which ruined the meal & I didn't have the courage to try the third. :(

Wow....2 curry dishes?? The shrimp salad in the IC also had a curry seasoning on it every other day. Why all the curry lately? I can see one but the number of people that don't like curry should be considered. I like it but my DH does not!! I rarely have it because he cannot even stand the smell of it at the table.

Wow....2 curry dishes?? The shrimp salad in the IC also had a curry seasoning on it every other day. Why all the curry lately? I can see one but the number of people that don't like curry should be considered. I like it but my DH does not!! I rarely have it because he cannot even stand the smell of it at the table.

After I ordered the second Curtis Stone dish I couldn't believe it also had curry but luckily it wasn't spread all over the steak slices.

I didn't even order the third option on subsequent nights. Fooled me twice. :D

People from the UK seem to like curry for some reason.

One evening we were eating at the Horizon & I didn't take notice but the smell of curry was strong. After sitting down I discovered that everything had curry on it. :( Needless to say I dumped everything & went to the DR.

One evening we were eating at the Horizon & I didn't take notice but the smell of curry was strong. After sitting down I discovered that everything had curry on it. :( Needless to say I dumped everything & went to the DR.

Maybe you accidentally wandered into the Indian food night buffet.

Maybe you accidentally wandered into the Indian food night buffet.

I did by accident. My fault for not looking.

I wish Princess would do more Curry and Thai dishes. one of the things I liked about PO UK they did a great curry every day in the buffet.

Are curry flavored dishes popular in Australia?

I did by accident. My fault for not looking.

Are curry flavored dishes popular in Australia?

Australia is very multicultural, have great food from a variety of countries. Especially in Melbourne. Sometimes the food on Princess can be a little bit bland. I wish they would make some dishes more spicier.

Sometimes the food on Princess can be a little bit bland. I wish they would make some dishes more spicier.

I bring my own hot sauces to spice up some food since Tabasco is the only hot sauce I've seen on Princess. The wait staff is always intrigued.

Cheers, Denise