Staggered Boarding Times for Conquest Out of Ft. Lauderdale?

cruiseluver323

I have been reading about the staggered boarding times for Galveston, New Orleans, and Miami. Does anyone know if this is in place at Ft. Lauderdale as well? Our cruise documents say "Embarkation. 1:30PM - 3:30 PM". My husband booked the cruise and said that he was not given an opportunity to select our boarding time. We are flying in the evening before and I was hoping to be able to check out of our hotel and head right over to the port. I hope that we won't need to hang out at the hotel for a couple of hours after we check out!

I know on our last cruise with Royal Caribbean we received an email giving us a boarding time of 2 to 3 PM. It's more of a request than anything else as we arrived at the ship at 11:00 and boarded immediately.

Carnival is rolling out mandatory boarding times. You have to pick a time on line and if you show up early you are not allowed into the terminal.

Ft. Lauderdale does not have this implemented yet but they will eventually.

FYI... I did NOT receive the email about staggered embarkation times, but one of the gals in our room did. Strange because I am the one who booked the cruise.

However, I found this out because of CC. So keep checking here as well.

I saw a post here on CC about staggered boarding in NO. I never received an e mail about it. I quickly called Carnival and asked. They walked me through picking a time. I wanted early. All boarding time were available. No problems. I hope that this process reduces the amount of standing around for check in. My mother (77 years young) and her friend can't stand to too long.

24 days to go!!

I know on our last cruise with Royal Caribbean we received an email giving us a boarding time of 2 to 3 PM. It's more of a request than anything else as we arrived at the ship at 11:00 and boarded immediately.

Interesting. Before "staggered check-in" began a few months ago, Carnival would send out this same type of email to everyone too (including platinum and FTTF). And of course everyone on CC would say they were merely a request and to ignore it. Makes me wonder if RCI and possibly other lines will be introducing a staggered check-in program in the near future as well.

I have been reading about the staggered boarding times for Galveston, New Orleans, and Miami. Does anyone know if this is in place at Ft. Lauderdale as well? Our cruise documents say "Embarkation. 1:30PM - 3:30 PM". My husband booked the cruise and said that he was not given an opportunity to select our boarding time. We are flying in the evening before and I was hoping to be able to check out of our hotel and head right over to the port. I hope that we won't need to hang out at the hotel for a couple of hours after we check out!

We just got back from an 8 day on the Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale. We had the staggered boarding. We arrived at about 1:45 for our boarding (staggered time was between 1:30 & 2:30). The whole boarding process took less than 20 minutes. Worked very well.:)

Edited by Poppy42
Added port

This is why there is so much confusion on here about staggered check in and boarding times.

Maybe the manager of CC Carnival boards can put a sticky up top about this. to keep from having multiple threads about this.

Carnival as well as a lot of other cruise lines has always had a time when boarding starts.

The new program of Staggered Check In is new and rolling out in different home ports.

Most time they say boarding starts at 1230 to later. Staggered check in is the new program

when you pick a time to enter the terminal to get your sail and sign card and check in .

It does not mean you come at 10 or what ever time and board the ship unless they have started letting people board.

It is not in Fort Lauderdale yet but I am guessing it will be shortly.

If Carnival eventually implements staggered boarding times at all ports of embarkation, then maybe they should do away with FTTF. No, that won't happen. It'll mean lost revenue for Carnival. Or just do away with priority boarding all together. No. That won't work either. Too many p***ed-off Platinum and Diamond cruisers to contend with. To cut down on the long lines waiting to embark, how about having more than one point of entry on the ship on embarkation day?

If Carnival eventually implements staggered boarding times at all ports of embarkation, then maybe they should do away with FTTF. No, that won't happen. It'll mean lost revenue for Carnival. Or just do away with priority boarding all together. No. That won't work either. Too many p***ed-off Platinum and Diamond cruisers to contend with. To cut down on the long lines waiting to embark, how about having more than one point of entry on the ship on embarkation day?

Maybe they can parachute them in:confused: What does FTTF have to do with this (or being Platinum or Diamond)?

We just got back from an 8 day on the Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale. We had the staggered boarding. We arrived at about 1:45 for our boarding (staggered time was between 1:30 & 2:30). The whole boarding process took less than 20 minutes. Worked very well.:)

WOW!! You may have a time machine as this has NOT been implemented in Fort Lauderdale yet.

Further, my understanding is that the arrival time for staggered boarding are in 30 minute increments that are pre selected by the cruiser upon online check in.

To your statement on "staggered boarding" they have always had that

well since they started letting wedding parties, dia/plat and fttf board

before others.

Staggered check in might or might not work to reduce the

waiting in long lines to check in or board the ship I'll see in June.

I am Plat and have always had to sit and wait to board when

I've gotten there early so not sure why the staggered check in

is a problem.

As I understand it you pick a time, you arrive at that time or time frame

then you go in check in and if they have not started boarding

you sit or stand and wait inside the terminal if they have started

boarding you check in walk in.

How would having two places to embark make a difference as far

as staggered check in.? Just curious.

This is not the same as the staggered boarding program. You got the email under the current system (old system in some ports). And you did as asked. If more people had done the same there would be no need for the new system. Good to hear that it works just fine....when heeded.

Eventually all ports will be under the new system, which is much more strict and specific. I love the idea.

This is not the same as the staggered boarding program. You got the email under the current system (old system in some ports). And you did as asked. If more people had done the same there would be no need for the new system. Good to hear that it works just fine....when heeded.

Eventually all ports will be under the new system, which is much more strict and specific. I love the idea.

Honesty l like the idea of it also! We travel in a group so I am wondering how hard it will be to get the same boarding time? Or I am guessing if we all arent the same we would have to board together with the latest time?