Best part of your last celebrity cruise

LabGuy64

HI,

I am making plans for mi next cruise and it occurred to me that I should try to find out if I was missing anything. So, could any of you that had a WOW moment, something that REALLY stood out as a great experience on your last cruise mention it.....

Thanks,

Michael

Our last cruise was NYE on Solstice, and it was fabulous! Full of wow moments. I guess our dinner in Silk Harvest was a highlight, we had eaten there before and not been too impressed by the experience.

But the friends we were travelling with wanted to try it and it was wonderful - great food, great service and great company.

Cheers

Rosie

Spent 14 nights on the Constellation transatlantic in November... for only $799pp...

...from luggage drop, through security and check in, to being onboard was less than 25 minutes.

From espresso flavored gelato to the goodies at Café Al Bachio...all quite tasty.

I absolutely LOVE the lunch time Indian curries and the evening sushi from the buffet.

Probably gained 2 pounds just from the one gastro-extravaganza at Tuscan. :eek:

Incredibly efficient room stewards and service at the ocean view bar for happy hour.

Even caught a spectacular sunset and green flash at the Elite party one evening. :cool:

Had a GREAT Cruise Critic sail away party, as well as a fun Cabin Crawl and Slot Pull.

Fast, fun, friendly service at the Martini Bar, along with wonderful Chocolate and Espresso Martinis... :D

Great service and good food in the MDR... including some INCREDIBLE lamb chops.

Four never before visited ports on the itinerary, and seven GREAT astronomy programs. :p

Fast and easy late walk off in Ft Lauderdale with only about 30 minutes in Customs.

What's NOT to like? :o

(EXCEPT of course those tacky rubes who eat with the tines of their fork pointed UP!!!)

Edited by teecee60

We spent 12 nights on Solstice in Nov going from Sydney to Auckland with many stops in between. The crew and the ship were great but the scenery in places like our sail away from Sydney and out slow cruising though the sounds of New Zealand's Fjordlands National Park were just stunning.

That staff member who smiles and remembers your name when you see them. No matter how busy they are, they take the time to make you feel welcome. It means a lot to me. So it is not a 'moment', throughout the cruise it becomes 'moments'.:)

And then when you return on another cruise and there they are! Sweet.

I think your Wow experience starts here on the boards. Join a rollcall and start building relations with the folks that will join you on the cruise. Our last cruise had over a hundred folks on the cruise. We had a wonderful time that included wine tours; slot pulls, dinners, and gift exchanges, or just meeting them every day and exchanging the daily adventures. Often there are common goals and anticipation of what you expect to see.

Wow moments happen all the time and not just on a cruise. They come in a walk in the rain or standing at the rail and watching a sunset or a sunrise – you know you only get so many of those in your life. Wow moments come with a belly laugh or peace when listening to a string quartet.

For us a cruise is adventure. We don’t expect everything to be perfect, because life isn’t perfect. It’s what you do with the imperfections that produce Wow moments. Wow moments often come from the surprises we experience either for ourselves or for others.

We hope your upcoming cruise is packed with many Wow moments.

For me, there are many memorable moments from every cruise. Each is different, but the one big "WOW" moment is when I pull into the port and am awed by the sight of my big, beautiful ship and realize after all of the months of anticipation and planning, I am really finally here and ready to experience an exciting cruise! I have never been disappointed.

We don’t expect everything to be perfect, because life isn’t perfect. It’s what you do with the imperfections that produce Wow moments. Wow moments often come from the surprises we experience either for ourselves or for others.

I'm with you there, I wish more travelers had this frame of mind.

Our secret for a real wow moment to any S class cruise is to book Tuscan Grill, window seat first night, about 30 mins after sail away....

See you responsibilities, cares and worries disappear beyond the wake of the ship....

Our cruise last year what made it SO wonderful was the excellent live music everywhere on the ship. In particular there was a young woman on guitar who was so captivating, I swear I followed her around like a groupy! It was decadent just to relax and listen to her beautiful voice and romantic guitar. A trio of young women on string instruments, they were incredible. And more. I don't remember a cruise with so much fabulous live music at such unexpected places and times throughout the ship. Really made our cruise even more special.

On our last cruise on the Reflection, the Wow would have been Nik our bartender at the Sunset Bar. Bright young man that had outstanding customer service skills.

The cruise on the Connie the year before was one of the best - from our room stewart to JP, our waiter in Blu (yep - it sure was JP's world!) The sommelier on that cruise was fabulous as well - he really cared about pairing the wine with the dinner you ordered. Very caring group on this cruise.