Copenhagen

Grateful Reader

The Scandic Palace Hotel is quite nice.I believeitisalso one of the hotels that HAL uses for guests who book pre and post packages. I'd check on pricing yourself. Via web and then call HAL for pricing. They may be cheaper :)

Edited by freestyling

Tivoli is so charming. I don't know if it still there or still good but we used to really enjoy dinner at Divan 2 at Tivoli. There were two restaurants called Divan and we liked "2" better. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Hotel D'Angleterre is probably the most expensive hotel, you find in Copenhagen. But if money is not a problem, it would be a great expierence.

I would recommend following hotels:

Hotel Bella Sky - close to the airport, easy access to get to center of Copenhagen with the metro.

Tivoli Hotel - very central located. Two fantastic restaurants in the top of the hotel. And guest at Tivoli Hotel will get free access to the Tivoli garden, that still is worth a visit.

The Divan 2 restaurant does no longer exist, but there are many other good alternatives in Tivoli.

If on a budget - try the Generator Hostel. Even though it a hostel, you can get a private room. It is placed very central in a Building designed by Philipe Starck.

I hope, this could help?

HAL booked us into the Scandic Palace last August. It is very convenient to the shopping street, Tivoli and tour buses. We enjoyed the included self-serve European breakfast and used the restaurant one evening. Bakeries and many restaurants are very close by.

A downside to the Scandic is that it only has two elevators and getting aboard one is slow when guests are checking in/out. There is a large Double staircase if your knees can handle it!:)

Ask for a room that doesn't face out to the City Hall clock if you are a light sleeper.

we stayed at the Square - great location.

Carol

We liked this hotel too. You could just walk across the square and get the HOHO bus. We did this while waiting for our room. Breakfast was good too.

Edited by 2ptu/000
added information

we stayed a day before in Copenhagen at Marriott. the day of the cruise we left by taxi to the first stop of a canal cruise. It was a beautiful day on the water and we got off at the stop near the Marriott, got our packed bags, checked out and took a taxi to the ship before noon. It worked out very well. We did walk to Tivoli and back in the evening.

Food is quite expensive in Scandinavia. We did the Scandia Hotel a few yrs before. When we walked in they said they had a buffet lunch for $26 and we cringed. Went our merry way and found out that was an excellent price.!

Having stayed at both the Marriott and the Scandic Palace hotels before, I would recommend the Marriott, hands down. Although Scandic is better situated to City Square and the Stroget, the hotel itself is dated, and the lobby check-in area is dark and very small. As stated before, the elevators are tiny and slow. It was nice that breakfast was included. We did not use HAL to book the hotel. Cruise day checkout was crazy. Luckily we ordered a car service in advance to take us to the terminal.

We had no trouble walking to Tivoli and the Nyhavn harbor area from the Marriott. Loved the hotel, but breakfast (we didn't use) was VERY expensive from what I heard from fellow cruisers staying there.

Between the two, my vote is for the Marriott.

Tivoli Hotel - very central located. Two fantastic restaurants in the top of the hotel. And guest at Tivoli Hotel will get free access to the Tivoli garden, that still is worth a visit.

We had dinner at one of the restaurants in the Tivoli Hotel one evening. It was very good. I would consider staying at the hotel my next time in Copenhagen.

Hotel D'Angleterre is probably the most expensive hotel, you find in Copenhagen. But if money is not a problem, it would be a great expierence.

I would recommend following hotels:

Hotel Bella Sky - close to the airport, easy access to get to center of Copenhagen with the metro.

The Divan 2 restaurant does no longer exist, but there are many other good alternatives in Tivoli.

If on a budget - try the Generator Hostel. Even though it a hostel, you can get a private room. It is placed very central in a Building designed by Philipe Starck.

I hope, this could help?

Thank you for this post. Great information.

I'm sorry to hear Divan 2 is gone. I have great memories from some lovely evenings there. I remember a restaurant, St. Gertrude's Closter in a former monastery and wonder if that is still there/good?

Everything is pricey in Copenhagen but well worth it, IMO.

One more vote for the Marriott. If you have access to the concierge lounge, it is very nice with a beautiful view, a wonderful selection of items in the evening, and breakfast was great.

Taxis available at airport.

Concierge at most hotels can arrange transportation for you or you can catch a taxi from hotel.

You could even e-mail in advance after you have a reservation at the hotel.

Edited by sail7seas

We arranged a taxi from The Strand at the front desk. It was very easy and right on time.

BTW nothing to do with driving but the front desk had draft taps- as in wait in line , enjoy a beer. How civilized.

http://www.copenhagenstrand.com/

interesting note...I asked the taxi driver why there were no bugs like mosquitos in Copenhagen. He told me the winters were too cold , killed them all.

Hello! we are from Canada!

Now I know there is some sort of Eurocentric conspiracy. I think they use their higher taxes to pay those bugs to summer in North America. There can't be another answer.

Also try this from the airport:

http://www.airportcollections.net/airport-transfers-denmark/

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/copenhagen/Copenhagen+Airport/Copenhagen+cruise+port

Edited by sammygoose
add

We loved our stay at the Wake-up Borgergade hotel near Kongens Nytorv station. It was a great location within walking distance of Stroget, Nyhavn, Little Mermaid, etc. The rooms are minimalistic, but clean and comfortable and quiet! The courtyard was a nice place to relax and the breakfast buffet was delicious (and filling!)

No reason to pay $$$ for just a room you'll be sleeping in a few hours.

https://www.wakeupcopenhagen.com/the-hotels/copenhagen/borgergade/#/search