Is a prom dress okay to wear on formal night?

alaskanheart

To be honest I think that it's too sexy to wear in public. My daughters are nearly 20 and just turned 22 and are far from conservative in their dress ( much of which I have purchased ). I would feel very uncomfortable walking with one of our daughters in that dress as she is being ogled by the crew, teenage boys and their dads.

delete

Edited by notentirelynormal

the term "prom dress" suggests something a sixteen or seventeen year old girl would wear to the dance at the school gym. The pictured gown is more like something kim kardashian would wear when out clubbing with kanye.

Op has got to be kidding.

lol

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The term "prom dress" suggests something a sixteen or seventeen year old girl would wear to the dance at the school gym. The pictured gown is more like something Kim Kardashian would wear when out clubbing with Kanye.

OP has got to be kidding.

Nah, it's too conservative for her. :D

Go back and take another look at the photo. What do you see in big pink letters across the bottom of the photo? Coincidence, or marketing ploy?

Neither.

Like someone else mentioned, ladies post stock pictures all the time on the Fashion Board with the web site on them since it's hard to get a good "real life" picture of a gown. You are reading something which, most likely, is just not there.

Neither.

Like someone else mentioned, ladies post stock pictures all the time on the Fashion Board with the web site on them since it's hard to get a good "real life" picture of a gown. You are reading something which, most likely, is just not there.

It's not simply a web address, it's an email address. If you go to the advertised webpage and click on this webpage's photos, you don't get a picture with the email address across the bottom. Color me skeptical.

I think it is a very pretty dress. I have seen a whole lot more revealing out there than that. I am sure the OP is as lovely as the model in the picture , it will look beautiful.

I also have 2 20 something year old daughters and it wouldn't bother me a bit to be out and about with them wearing that dress.

A bikini not sexier???? This dress looks like a shroud compared to some of the bikinis out there .

I think it is a very pretty dress. I have seen a whole lot more revealing out there than that. I am sure the OP is as lovely as the model in the picture , it will look beautiful.

I also have 2 20 something year old daughters and it wouldn't bother me a bit to be out and about with them wearing that dress.

A bikini not sexier???? This dress looks like a shroud compared to some of the bikinis out there .

I think if bikini's were sexier they would have taken over the bedroom.;)

I don't think that bikinis are as sexy as lacey/sheer lingerie and this dress looks more like lingerie than a dress to me. Especially from the hips down.

All in the eyes of the beholder..... :) :D

I do not see any reason for certainty that OP "...is as lovely as the model...".

That said, a bikini is simply a minimalist bathing suit - sexy only to the extent the wearer exudes sexuality, while the dress is clearly designed to be suggestive on its own merits.

I do not see any reason for certainty that OP "...is as lovely as the model...".

That said, a bikini is simply a minimalist bathing suit - sexy only to the extent the wearer exudes sexuality, while the dress is clearly designed to be suggestive on its own merits.

Not certain at all on how lovely she is , just being a gentleman and being polite .

I don't know what a designer is suggesting or not suggesting , but I know some women , who could rock that dress , and some that could make it look like the proverbial 10 lbs in a 5 lb bag

not certain at all on how lovely she is , just being a gentleman and being polite .

I don't know what a designer is suggesting or not suggesting , but i know some women , who could rock that dress , and some that could make it look like the proverbial 10 lbs in a 5 lb bag

lol!!!:d:d:d

This June I will be going on a 12 night Northern European cruise on the Disney Wonder. It's going to be my 7th cruise but it's the first time that I'm considering wearing anything considerably more formal. I know since it's a Disney cruise that there's more of a relaxed, family vibe than a formal one, which leads me to my question: is a prom dress too formal to wear on formal night? I love this dress and I think that this might be a great opportunity to be able to wear it again but I don't want to be overly formal or even overdressed. Here's a picture of the dress for anybody who might be able to give me some insight :) b3a6eb9ec75a51404d49f7c30ea07ccd.jpg

This is a beautiful gown and I say if you have the body to wear it, go for it! I really don’t get why anyone would say and different.