Toast in MDR.

SDadw01

Cos it was probably made at 5am...

If you time it right you may be able to get a new batch,but that probably would not be warm either.

Reminds me of my training in the Navy, at Chatham...hated it by the way....but Sunday roast was always warm /cold so one Sunday we were first in the q....and it was still cold!!!!!!

I think the cookery school was there at the time as well.

Cold roast anyone...that is something I have never had on P and O by the way..cold food that should be hot.

Hotels never serve toast hot..... ;)

But we have stayed in hotels that have all manner of wonderful contraptions to do your own toast.

I like the put it on a metal sort of conveyor belt job..disappears into the machine and 1/2 hour later falls out the bottom, not toasted at all, as someone has set it to low, so you turn it up and set the toast off again, and this time it falls out the bottom 1/2 hour later burnt to a cinder , as you turned it up too high...great fun...

But we have stayed in hotels that have all manner of wonderful contraptions to do your own toast.

I like the put it on a metal sort of conveyor belt job..disappears into the machine and 1/2 hour later falls out the bottom, not toasted at all, as someone has set it to low, so you turn it up and set the toast off again, and this time it falls out the bottom 1/2 hour later burnt to a cinder , as you turned it up too high...great fun...

Ah! the delights of Premier Inn. I noticed in their newest hotel the control gubbings are on the staff side of the counter ;)

I have experienced these machines they are a bit unreliable but most seem to under cook the bread and you have to do a second run. They also tend to have a notice on them stating that croissants must not be put through the machine.

Incidentally croissants on cruise ships seem to be like a small chilly armadillo. I can get a french cuisine croissant from my local shop heat it up and within four minutes have a nice hot croissant of the correct texture and crescent shape. These do not seem to be available on any cruise line.

Regards John

Edited by john watson