MDR Angus Beef Sliders

I've never tried the sliders but as I'm taking my 16 year old grandson this time, I'm wondering how the beef sliders compare in taste to Johnny Rockets' burgers.

We did this one night from room service and I got the sliders and fries.

It was better than JR on board.

It cooked very well and tender from the MDR.

Also had them add cheese and mayo with tomatoe No problem.

Should have been a glutten and ordered two servings.

They were good.

Enjoy

I did.

For me personally, they are completely different types of burger. A better comparison (more like for like) would be the room service burger to the JR burger. In all honesty, I think the room service burger is just as nice as the JR burger (in my experience and opinion).

If you want to include the sliders, I had them for the first time on my last cruise when there was nothing else I fancied and ended up having them another 2 nights - they were delicious and much much better to the JR burger (again in my experience and opinion)!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I had them last week on the Oasis and thought they were very good. Mine were with cheese and lettuce and tomato and came with steak fries.

Have your Grandson get 2 orders - maybe that would fill him if he has an appetizer and a desert with them.

Thanks for posting. The burgers are really small. With my grandson's enormous appetite, I'm sure he could eat two servings. Or perhaps he could order them as an appetizer.

Yes, the sliders are much smaller than regular burgers, hence the comparison I made.

I don't see why he couldn't do that. I'm sure he will really enjoy them - the tomato brioche bun is sooooo tasty with the angus beef!

Thanks Lioness, I too got them on my last cruise.

I wish they had cheese, and pickles, so knowing I can ask I will this time.

Yes

Make sure you ask for the cheese to be melted or else they just throw it on.

Remember like others and myself have posted get a double order they are small, good, but small.

Enjoy

Yes

Remember like others and myself have posted get a double order they are small, good, but small.

Enjoy

Agree...small but really good! I don't eat a lot of dinner late, so portion is just right. I order them when I can't

find anything I like on regular menu.

Hey...I like your Avatar! :D ;)

Edited by island lady

My 17 year old ate these almost every night on our October Freedom cruise. With appetizer and dessert it was enough but they'll let you order two plates of them. If he doesn't care for the desserts on the main menu ask for kids menu dessert options. Because we had younger kids, the 17 year old also had mini brownie madness for dessert most nights and trust me there was nothing mini about it. It became a contest between the 17 year old and 6 year old on who could eat the most. Our waiter ended up bringing at least 4 plates per night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes

Enjoy

Yes, after the first time ordering them, I got a second plate.

So the second night I ordered I told them 4 burgers, and one order of fries.

I wanted room for desert :D

Yes

Enjoy

Yes, after the first time ordering them, I got a second plate.

So the second night I ordered I told them 4 burgers, and one order of fries.

I wanted room for desert :D

Not the best picture in the world but to give you an idea if you weren't sure...

Sliders_zpstdeldjmx.jpg

That's DINNER?? What an insult ... you can count 11 fries on that plate ... as if those burger-lets aren't cheap enough?

That's DINNER?? What an insult ... you can count 11 fries on that plate ... as if those burger-lets aren't cheap enough?

It's more like an appetizer. However, they will give you more than two if you ask.

maybe I am just unlucky but I have ordered them on 3 different ships and each time they were over cooked. Perhaps I should have asked them to be cooked medium.

You don't think those 2 burger discs were cooked about 4 hours before you ordered them ? ;)

Main beef entree in the dining room?? This must be Modern Luxury. What next, all beef hot dogs? Looking more like k-mart is taking over the cruise industry.

Not the main beef entree, but a nightly alternative selection.