Volendam ocean view question

Hokiegalcruiser

I haven't seen any that are configured any way but with the bed under the window. I did find, in one room, that if you opened the closet door with the mirror, you could sit on the bed and see behind you! Especially if you have the beds made up as twins, then you can also get much closer to the window standing.

Will you let us know if you do find one/some that have the sofa closer to the window?

I don't recall ever hearing of a Volendam outside cabin that didn't have the beds under the window.

If there is such a thing, the cabins would be across the stern. Try looking at any of those cabins, especially on Lower Promenade and Main Deck. Once you get the cabin numbers, Google for HAL pictures, and you should find a site with all sorts of "facts" and pictures. ;)

Does anyone know which ocean view cabins don't have the bed directly under the window? Would love to have a cabin that you could sit and look out rather than having to climb on the bed.

The Nieuw Amsterdam has OV's like that.

DeckPlansFull.action%3Fship%3Dna_2%26deck%3Dm%26WT.ac%3Dpnav_Onboard_deckplan_NA

This year she is sailing the same itinerary as the Volendam just leaving on Sunday (I think) instead of Wednesday; is that true for 2017?

For what it's worth, you can't see the water from any seat in the room (except the window sill!), but you don't have to climb on the bed to walk up and look out.

Edited by crystalspin

I know on the Eurodam, the sofa is under the window in the Ocean View Cabins. But on all the ships I've been on in S-, R-, and Vista Classes, the beds have been under the windows.

I actually prefer the beds to be under the window as it makes the room feel larger and makes it much, much easier to walk around in the room. The narrow space between the bed and the wall in Eurodam Ocean View Cabins can feel very confining if you're on one side and need to get to the other with other people in the room.

On Volendam cabin 6100 on Verandah deck does not have the double bed under the window. It is on the fore part & has a window looking foreward.

There is quite a lot of noise from over amplified sound from the show lounge below when it is being used but a very quiet area otherwise. The adjoining 6102 may have one of the singles under the window.

6100 also does not have a sofa at all, but apparently two free-standing chairs. The bed is still partly under the window, which is on a sloping almost ceiling-like wall. If you split the beds to twins, the foot of one bed would be under about half of the window.

People including the OP can see this room by googling '6100-volendam'.

• 9 months later...
delete

Many of the former OV cabins on Deck 3 were probably made into lanais during its last dry docking. There were no lanais when we were on the Volendam in 2012 but having just come off the Volendam three weeks ago I can report that there are indeed lanai cabins on Deck 3.

It's true the Lanai cabins do not have beds (made as queen) under the window -- because no window! haha.

Google '3339 - Volendam' to see pics of an actual Lanai.

I suspect a person asking about an Oceanview, would like to pay for an Oceanview -- while the Lanai cabins run about 60% more, for instance on a random 7-day Alaska trip next June "from":

US$1,299 vs

US$2,099

7086 and 7087(?) on the aft of the Navigation Deck fits the bill, I believe. Love that location with quick access to the little known/little used aft deck, and just one flight of stairs up to the aft pool, Seaview Bar and Lido restaurant.

Volendam 7086 and 7083 allow you to sit on the bed with your feet on the floor and look out the rear facing window. A small aisle is between the bed and window. f25417b7e37959d6b59a1f912ac8480e.jpg

77e68931f66340668bf26d822e993828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When was that last drydock? This thread is almost a year old.

At some time between November 2012 and now, some of the OV cabins on the Lower Promenade Deck were changed to lanai cabins. I don't know exactly when the dry dock occurred but I remember there being a lot of comments about the changes.

We were on the Volendam in November 2012 and again recently in October 2016.

At some time between November 2012 and now, some of the OV cabins on the Lower Promenade Deck were changed to lanai cabins. I don't know exactly when the dry dock occurred but I remember there being a lot of comments about the changes.

We were on the Volendam in November 2012 and again recently in October 2016.

I was last on the Volendam in April 2015, shortly after some major renovations, but IIRC the lanais had not been part of that. I remember sitting out on Lower Promenade a great deal, and would have noticed all the reserved seating.