First X Cruise:SILHOUETTE JAN 17 2016

Bimmer09

Norris,

We were on the Eclipse from January 10 to 24, and sorry to say I did not lay eyes on you in the ports we shared this voyage. I am rather a groupie on your reviews, so it may be well that I did not see you as you were probably too busy with your camera to allow time to give me an autograph. :)

I am getting ready to do a review of my own from our amazing journey on the Eclipse; and I know it will not be an epic review like yours, especially comparing your amazing pictures to my product from cheap cameras, but I will do my best.

If your cruise was even a fraction as enjoyable as ours, I know the rest of this review is going to be incredible. Thank you ahead of time for entertaining us all.

Rowse, there was always such a scrum of people between the two ships at dock that I am not surprised we didn't bump into each other. We had issues in St Maarten and returned to the ship after a couple of hours. I have lots of Eclipse pics to show.

I'm looking forward to your review and your photos!

Nice to see you here.

Norris

Rowse, there was always such a scrum of people between the two ships at dock that I am not surprised we didn't bump into each other. We had issues in St Maarten and returned to the ship after a couple of hours. I have lots of Eclipse pics to show.

I'm looking forward to your review and your photos!

Nice to see you here.

Norris

Enjoying your review you will note I am on Eclipse 06.03.16 English dating first time in Caribbean on a ship, have flown in but never by ship excited to be going.

John

Enjoying your review you will note I am on Eclipse 06.03.16 English dating first time in Caribbean on a ship, have flown in but never by ship excited to be going.

John

John you have picked a great ship for your first Caribbean cruise!

Photos and video of Eclipse will show up when we get to the St Kitts portion of the cruise.

Stay tuned.

Norris

Well jzad-of course I am and thanks for finding me!

I take it you have read some of my Princess ones?

Stick around as I have lots to show and tell.

Norris

I am a superfan of yours Norris. Your reviews and the pics are top notch! My hubby and I are planning a MED cruise in 2018 after following along on yours. Thanks for bringing a funny, upbeat review over to the Celebrity Board!

Janine

Norris ~

Your pictures are FABULOUS!!!! Loving them!!

The place you stay in Miami looks great!! Definitely putting it on my list of places to check out when I hit the 12 month out point for my Reflection cruise!! (The only other time I've cruised out of Miami I was in 6th grade and we didn't know about flying the day before so we flew day of and then had what was according to my parents "the cab ride from hell" to get to the port - they were happy we were in a station wagon with a rear-facing seat my sister and I were in because they said we would have been screaming. We weren't really even cutting it close to board as we'd left NC at like 5am. Now I know better so I can have a relaxing morning and have PLENTY of time to get aboard.)

Looking forward to more!!

beth

Great review and following....glad your finally on the ship though we NEVER pass up the champagne/mimosa's given when we cross the gangplank...its always our "We're back on Celebrity" moment as we toast each other and the fun just ahead....:)

I am a superfan of yours Norris. Your reviews and the pics are top notch! My hubby and I are planning a MED cruise in 2018 after following along on yours. Thanks for bringing a funny, upbeat review over to the Celebrity Board!

Janine

Janine, as Elvis would say-Thank you! Thank you very much!

MED cruises ROCK!!

Norris

Norris ~

Your pictures are FABULOUS!!!! Loving them!!

The place you stay in Miami looks great!! Definitely putting it on my list of places to check out when I hit the 12 month out point for my Reflection cruise!! (The only other time I've cruised out of Miami I was in 6th grade and we didn't know about flying the day before so we flew day of and then had what was according to my parents "the cab ride from hell" to get to the port - they were happy we were in a station wagon with a rear-facing seat my sister and I were in because they said we would have been screaming. We weren't really even cutting it close to board as we'd left NC at like 5am. Now I know better so I can have a relaxing morning and have PLENTY of time to get aboard.)

Looking forward to more!!

beth

Beth-sorry there is no more :confused:....I forgot to remove the lens cap for the entire cruise!

We have always got to the port a day before the cruise and stay a day after.

We take no chances with weather and cancelled planes.

The Marriott Harbor Beach is in FT LAUDERDALE - you won't find it in Miami.

As it happens we are sailing from Miami in 2017 so I'd better scout out the hotels.

Cheers!

Norris

Great review and following....glad your finally on the ship though we NEVER pass up the champagne/mimosa's given when we cross the gangplank...its always our "We're back on Celebrity" moment as we toast each other and the fun just ahead....:)

Welcome Joe!

I hate to miss a Mimosa but I only have two hands and was on a mission...

Norris

Beth-sorry there is no more :confused:....I forgot to remove the lens cap for the entire cruise!

We have always got to the port a day before the cruise and stay a day after.

We take no chances with weather and cancelled planes.

The Marriott Harbor Beach is in FT LAUDERDALE - you won't find it in Miami.

As it happens we are sailing from Miami in 2017 so I'd better scout out the hotels.

Cheers!

Norris

Oh, ok. Thanks! I've had people say that you can consider Ft. Lauderdale as well... I'll look at all my options. :)

John you have picked a great ship for your first Caribbean cruise!

Photos and video of Eclipse will show up when we get to the St Kitts portion of the cruise.

Stay tuned.

Norris

I agree we been on Eclipse, Solstice and Equinox the S class are great.

John

We exited the groovy glass elevator and managed to avoid the oddly placed table tennis table by the elevator door. We had differing goals at this time: Carol's was to find a quiet place to sit and relax while mine was to find the smoking section at the Sunset Bar and it didn't have to be quiet-although I would have drawn the line at a screaming child. "Kid overboard!"

Carol's Fortress of Solitude

24566532141_0c3e5c05df_b.jpg

and mine

24566663671_52f858aaed_b.jpg

An announcement came over the PA...rooms would be ready by 1.30 p.m.

Another announcement-Luminae, the Suites only restaurant would be open for lunch from 11.30 until 2, a very generous time window.

I was the first customer at the Sunset Bar and Ida from the Far East gave me a gracious welcome and big smile. I had the Classic Beverage Package and he offered to upgrade me to Premium. I tipped an ice bucket over his head in a knee jerk reaction. He kept smiling so no real harm done. He poured me a Heineken-down the collar of my shirt, which I guess was tit for tat.

The Heineken was refreshing and I took my glass and sat down in a comfy chair.

Then I got up again as the cushion was a sopping sponge.

*Note to deck staff- when it rains bring in or cover the cushions!

I had to stand for a while to let my pants dry and told passers by when they looked at my soaking pants-it's not what you think!

Little did I know (oh-I knew alright!) that the Sunset bar would be my pied a terre for the next week. Friendly staff, included Bev Package, ashtrays and interesting people plus wonderful view= paradise.

While standing I took a few pics of my surroundings...

To be continued.

Norris

The sunset bar is my favorite spot on the S class ships. On our 2014 Med cruise aboard Reflection we spent 90% of our time there. Never went to a show during the entire cruise. They had the World Cup matches on the television at night and the weather was prefect. We made many great new friends there. An after dinner glass of scotch and cigar. I'll never forget the views there for the sail away from Istanbul.

Perfect.

Edited by Tommy3putts

We are heading off on the alternate Silhouette route in 38 days (of course I'm counting!) and it will be our first S-Class cruise so I'm eagerly following this review.

Thank you for letting me know you are reading along!

You are in for a treat in 38 days-and I'll show you why....

Norris

Just found this excellent review ...brings back many happy memories of Silly ...we are elite on X and just love them ...going on Connie twice this year. Have bookmarked this and look forward to following along :D

UK? Me too. Which city/town/village/hamlet/shire etc?

Connie is a pretty ship....but no grass! Oh! The Humanity!

Thanks for letting me know you are reading and enjoying.

Norris

Inquiring minds want to know -- what ship?

I think it would be a spoiler to the story and a sad REFLECTION on my insistence on sticking to a time line.

So I can't even give you a hint.

Sorry.

Norris

The sunset bar is my favorite spot on the S class ships. On our 2014 Med cruise aboard Reflection we spent 90% of our time there. Never went to a show during the entire cruise. They had the World Cup matches on the television at night and the weather was prefect. We made many great new friends there. An after dinner glass of scotch and cigar. I'll never forget the views there for the sail away from Istanbul.

Perfect.

Red= a man who knows how to live!

I know smoking isn't the smartest thing a person can do-but if you smoke you may as well enjoy to the MAX in the smoking section.

I drink Jamesons but then I am from N Ireland and we have to sign contracts when we are old enough to write our names. Ditto with Guinness who has my business for life.

Cheers!

Norris

I drink Jamesons but then I am from N Ireland and we have to sign contracts when we are old enough to write our names. Ditto with Guinness who has my business for life.

Cheers!

Norris

[/size]

Well, Norris, this explains how you have such a great sense of humor. You are from Ireland. I was raised in Enniskillen. Love that country.