HMC: How many ships anchored?

mz-s

We're gearing up for our May cruising on the Ecstasy to HMC, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk. Wondering how many ships are typically anchored at Half Moon Cay at any one time in your experience? We've never been there, in fact we've never been to any of these ports, so this is a totally new cruise for us.

Thanks!

We're gearing up for our May cruising on the Ecstasy to HMC, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk. Wondering how many ships are typically anchored at Half Moon Cay at any one time in your experience? We've never been there, in fact we've never been to any of these ports, so this is a totally new cruise for us.

Thanks!

We have been 6 times and never more than one ship.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Can't believe we'll have both Grand Turk and HMC to ourselves (and our shipmates of course)! Last time we were on a cruise, Nassau's docks seemed full and it was insane. Had barely heated up our sneakers before we were back on the ship. This cruise will be an awesome change of pace. 7 day cruise with all new ports for us!

Once we get a little closer I'll look at port reviews and come up with stuff for us to do since we've never been to any of these ports yet!

Oh my we are so excited. Cannot wait! Booked more than a year out...and the price has almost doubled since! And it's almost here...sail away on April 30!!!!!

I think that Half Moon Cay is the most beautiful place on Earth I've seen so far!!! As for something to do, just enjoy the beach and the water. If you're able, rent a cabana to make it extra special. We were there with family and rented the two story villa and loved every moment we spent there! Enjoy your cruise.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Can't believe we'll have both Grand Turk and HMC to ourselves (and our shipmates of course)! Last time we were on a cruise, Nassau's docks seemed full and it was insane. Had barely heated up our sneakers before we were back on the ship. This cruise will be an awesome change of pace. 7 day cruise with all new ports for us!

Once we get a little closer I'll look at port reviews and come up with stuff for us to do since we've never been to any of these ports yet!

Oh my we are so excited. Cannot wait! Booked more than a year out...and the price has almost doubled since! And it's almost here...sail away on April 30!!!!!

HMC is my favorite cruise beach destination. We never do excursions; the beach is just perfect. You can consider getting a "clamshell" for shade - about $20. Lunch is there. A great day. You will tender ashore. They have very large tenders and you'll be on a smaller than usual ship for there. We did get the small cabana our last rip there. It was great and it entitles you to be on the first tender over.

Grand Turk is another great beach day. It is an easy walk off the ship. We even walk back to the ship for lunch and then go back to the beach. With only one small ship there, you will have plenty of chairs. There is also the free pool at the Margaritaville there. There are some rocks in the water there. Water shoes/sandals are good. I've heard the further you go down the beach, the rocks/coral decrease. The water is very clear; you can see them.

We haven't done Amber Cove. I know there isn't a beach at the compound but there is a Margaritaville pool. I'm sure there are more excursion possibilities there.

Have a great time.

Edited by natty bumppo

In Nassau last time, one of those new RCCL mega ships was there along with a Disney ship, and a few Carnival ships. We should have just stayed on.

Sadly the Ecstasy will only be in Grand Turk from 7-2, so I doubt we'll do any paid excursions there at all even if we saw one we liked. Late risers during a cruise, typically don't even think about getting off the ship until Noon. Good to know there's a nice beach there. We will probably try to get up a little earlier that day.

Looks like Amber Cove will be our excursion port, which was what we were thinking when we booked.

Thanks everyone!