Just off of Anthem of the Seas 1/15-1/26

Early on in the cruise it was easy to move around reservations and get into specialty restaurants. The later in the week it got, the harder it was to move things around, so just keep that in mind. Know which days you want to book your specialties and try to get them on your schedule as soon as you board.

Thanks a lot! This makes sense to me. I'll be sure to address this once we board and know where we will be dining. My being nervous is only because I know that the Quantum ships do things quite differently compared to past cruises. Not saying that's a bad thing just me not knowing what to expect. After a few trips I'm sure it will be a breeze. :)

I was also on Anthem for the 1/15-1/26 sailing. We tried room service for breakfast and lunch. The menu for both is very different than on other ships. The up charge is for almost anything warm.

Breakfast offers pancakes and eggs for an up charge. Basically cold cereal, oatmeal, pastries and a fruit bowl without charge. The fruit bowl is VERY different than the fruit plate available on other ships. Think more fruit cocktail with bits of watermelon than something fresh cut. We ordered breakfast, including the fruit bowl, about 5 times.

Non breakfast offers a burger and a pepperoni pizza for a charge ($4.95). We didn't try either. Without charge, a vegetable wrap, Italian wrap, fries, Mac and cheese, and a cheese pizza are available. Cookies, cheesecake and tea/water are also available. There's definitely no cheese plate, which I was unhappy to discover.

We tried American Icon for breakfast one morning. It was basically the MDR breakfast menu, but bagels and lox were also offered. We were seated in Silk (they open overflow seating there for breakfast and lunch) and found the service quite slow.

----------------------------------------------

The following website seems to contradict part of what you experienced with room service:

http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/709-royal-caribbean-menu-room-service#Royal_Caribbean_Vitality_menu

The upper part of the page deals with room service. Lots of other useful info also. Hopefully, this website is accurate - we sail on Feb 6.

The following website seems to contradict part of what you experienced with room service:

http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/709-royal-caribbean-menu-room-service#Royal_Caribbean_Vitality_menu

The upper part of the page deals with room service. Lots of other useful info also. Hopefully, this website is accurate - we sail on Feb 6.

No, it is not. It is NOT giving information about Quantum class ships

What you are reading here is correct.

I posted photos of the room service menu last year. You could use the search function to find them.

Would love some feed back from past passengers on Anthem of the Seas. I've booked a balcony cabin on deck 13,center hump. I've seen pictures of an ''over-hang'' directly over head.Pro's & con's.Just wondering.Is it a big issue,that it takes away from the sun that you would get while out on the balcony.I really don't think its a major concern to me.Just would love some feed back~Not sailing until November.

Friends of ours just got back from the Jan. 15th sailing. They absolutely loved it.They were on deck 12 center hump.

Looking forward to our sailing on the Anthem~

Thank's

Cathy

NY

Would love some feed back from past passengers on Anthem of the Seas. I've booked a balcony cabin on deck 13,center hump. I've seen pictures of an ''over-hang'' directly over head.Pro's & con's.Just wondering.Is it a big issue,that it takes away from the sun that you would get while out on the balcony.I really don't think its a major concern to me.Just would love some feed back~Not sailing until November.

Friends of ours just got back from the Jan. 15th sailing. They absolutely loved it.They were on deck 12 center hump.

Thank's

Cathy

NY

Our past 3 Quantum sailings and 2 of our Anthem sailings have always been on Deck 13 in a SJS, which is mid-ship. Even though there is an overhang, it did not stop the sun from shinning on most of our balcony for quite a few hours, great for a suntan. While the sun was shinning, there was a small part on the balcony that DH was able to sit in the shade, while I sat in the sun. Never heard any noise from deck above, only some creaking noises ever now and then. Would not hesitate to book these rooms again and had a great time on both Anthem sailings :D

Yes, the link you posted does contradict what those who have sailed on Anthem have stated about the charge for room service.

Bring a printout of the page and show it when you get billed for room service, perhaps they will waive the fee just this one time for you. Lets us know, because I want free room service breakfast (hot items) but it was not available on my sailing. I have two more booked cruises on Anthem and I still want hot free breakfast on my balcony.:D

Yes, the link you posted does contradict what those who have sailed on Anthem have stated about the charge for room service.

Bring a printout of the page and show it when you get billed for room service, perhaps they will waive the fee just this one time for you. Lets us know, because I want free room service breakfast (hot items) but it was not available on my sailing. I have two more booked cruises on Anthem and I still want hot free breakfast on my balcony.:D

They are not going to waive a darn thing.

The menu is in your stateroom and on the TV.

You will pay what they are charging, or don't order.

They are not going to waive a darn thing.

The menu is in your stateroom and on the TV.

You will pay what they are charging, or don't order.

I was on Anthem January 3 and I was very disappointed that there was a charge for room service , as I had planned on multiple days eating breakfast on my balcony.

I think you totally missed my point in posting a reaffirmation of what you posted earlier.

Our past 3 Quantum sailings and 2 of our Anthem sailings have always been on Deck 13 in a SJS, which is mid-ship. Even though there is an overhang, it did not stop the sun from shinning on most of our balcony for quite a few hours, great for a suntan. While the sun was shinning, there was a small part on the balcony that DH was able to sit in the shade, while I sat in the sun. Never heard any noise from deck above, only some creaking noises ever now and then. Would not hesitate to book these rooms again and had a great time on both Anthem sailings :D

Thanks so much Linda. Really appreciate reading your thoughts on deck 13. I feel at ease now knowing it wasn't such a bad choice on going all the way to the top deck.So looking forward to experiencing the Anthem. Have sailed on the

Oasis & absolutely loved her. We're just loyal to Royal. Have always been & will always be. Love the perks of being Diamond members.

Again,thanks

Cathy

Here is the breakfast page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2269036

I would be SHOCKED if misinformation on a non-Royal Caribbean web page would get any fees waived.

Thank's

Cathy

NY

Center hump I think you would get sun, we were on the back end of the hump so the overhang was deeper and we didn't get much sun at all, but that was fine with me!