Bringing Wine on board

Rustyr

Can you still bring one bottle of wine on board for each passenger. I know I did this before but still would like to check

Will be sailing on the Royal in March out of Fort Lauderdale

Here's the long answer: Actually, there isn't really a limit. You just pay the $15 corkage for each bottle you bring on board, but then you don't pay it again in the dining room. We always drink all our wine at dinner, so we pay our corkage even for those first two bottles at the table upon embarkation -- along with the corkage for all the other bottles -- then we never have to worry about it again.

The short answer is that if you drink your wine in your cabin, you can bring one bottle for each adult passenger on board and not pay corkage.

Here's the long answer: Actually, there isn't really a limit. You just pay the $15 corkage for each bottle you bring on board, but then you don't pay it again in the dining room. .

Do they put a seal or sticker on the bottles to show that the corkage has been paid?

Our last two cruises we each took a bottle of wine in our carry on. We made no attempt to hide or smuggle the wine. Both times our luggage passed through the scanner without a problem. One of the times the guy at the scanner asked my wife, "Is that a bottle of wine in your luggage?". She said, "Yes" and he didn't say anything else. We both expected to be told to step aside and have our wine marked or checked or something but it didn't happen.

We just take the one bottle per person.

I agree with all the responses. But sometimes if I know I am not drinking wine in the DR, I will bring a case of wine. We are eight people who travel so I give each person a bottle to carry on. whatever hotel we stay in the night before the ship leaves, I find fellow passengers and ask them to carry wine for me onto the ship. Have always gotten all my wine back and can open the bottles in the cabin and have friends over.

Ironically, we have stopped that. We just bring two really glorious bottles with us, then we spend time before dinner at the Vines. It is our favorite place onboard.

I agree with all the responses. But sometimes if I know I am not drinking wine in the DR, I will bring a case of wine. We are eight people who travel so I give each person a bottle to carry on. whatever hotel we stay in the night before the ship leaves, I find fellow passengers and ask them to carry wine for me onto the ship. Have always gotten all my wine back and can open the bottles in the cabin and have friends over.

Ironically, we have stopped that. We just bring two really glorious bottles with us, then we spend time before dinner at the Vines. It is our favorite place onboard.

Wow a lot of effort to avoid a small fee. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Here's the long answer: Actually, there isn't really a limit. You just pay the $15 corkage for each bottle you bring on board, but then you don't pay it again in the dining room. We always drink all our wine at dinner, so we pay our corkage even for those first two bottles at the table upon embarkation -- along with the corkage for all the other bottles -- then we never have to worry about it again.

The short answer is that if you drink your wine in your cabin, you can bring one bottle for each adult passenger on board and not pay corkage.

...little confused re this ....If you bring just 2 bottles on board (hubby & wife - 1 each) do you pay the $15 corkage on them if you dink them in your room? OR only pay the corkage if you bring them to the DR? how do they know the difference?

...little confused re this ....If you bring just 2 bottles on board (hubby & wife - 1 each) do you pay the $15 corkage on them if you dink them in your room? OR only pay the corkage if you bring them to the DR? how do they know the difference?

If you drink them in your cabin there is no corkage fee. This applies to your question regarding the one bottle per person at embarkation. Just make sure they are in your carry on luggage and you each have one in his/her carry on. Don't try to take both in your carry on.

Edited by Thrak

If you drink them in your cabin there is no corkage fee. This applies to your question regarding the one bottle per person at embarkation. Just make sure they are in your carry on luggage and you each have one in his/her carry on. Don't try to take both in your carry on.

Do they actually record your cabin number to keep track of your 2 free bottles?

They do nothing to your first bottle per person. If there is a second bottle per person you pay the $15 corkage fee. If you take one bottle on board they do not stamp or sticker it. If you bring that bottle to the dining room without the stamp or sticker on it they charge you the $15 to open and serve it.

I've never noticed them writing down anything when we checked in with our 2 bottles. Maybe I didn't take notice.

On our recent cruise on the Regal Jan 17, 2016 we brought two bottles and were sent to a table where they recorded our names and room number ...... our friend traveling with us also had one bottle and was not sent to the table.....go figure

What about a b2b? Can you bring two each at original boarding? Bring on a second one each on turnaround day?

Paul...here is a story

we did a B2B Feb 2015 and brought 4 bottles on board and were sent to the table ..........we showed proof that we were doing B2B and they wanted to charge us for second two bottles ......so took back to car and on turn round day brought wine back in from car

Do they actually record your cabin number to keep track of your 2 free bottles?

Here's how it worked for our 15-day Westbound Panama Canal in December. We brought 8 bottles of wine in our carry-on bag. The scanner noticed the bottles and directed us to a separate table. I told the Princess workers that we had wine to bring on board. We pulled the 8 bottles out of the carry on. They stamped 6 of the bottles and asked me to sign a slip for $90 to be charged to the shipboard account. I signed and we were merrily on our way. We brought some of the bottles to dinner, and had to point out to the waiter a couple of times that the corkage had already been paid. Pretty simple and pretty straightforward. If the bottle is stamped then no corkage on the ship; if not, then they will charge corkage unless consumed in your room.

Paul...here is a story

we did a B2B Feb 2015 and brought 4 bottles on board and were sent to the table ..........we showed proof that we were doing B2B and they wanted to charge us for second two bottles ......so took back to car and on turn round day brought wine back in from car

And more than on poster has reported no issue taking 4 bottles on board (2 per person in the couple) for a B2B. Make sure you have the BP printed off for the second leg. I would also have a copy of the Princess Reservation/Invoice PDF for both legs.

You do get 1 bottle pp for each cruise.

IDK if they ever except a very long cruise not sold as small pieces. By letter of policy, only two, but you can buy additional bottle in a port and bring it on and 99% of the reports here indicate no corkage charged when you re-board the ship and also not confiscated until end of cruise like liquor is.