new favorite drink

mrobstad

last year, my new favorite drink was the mango meltdown.

move over, mango.

BBC is in town!

Baileys, banana and Colada! But insist on half a real banana like Alvin uses in Vibe on the BA!

You just named my two favorite drinks. I go with the Mango Meltdown when I'm out on deck on a hot day and switch to BBCs for my after dinner 'dessert'. But now you've let me know about asking for the addition of half of a real banana...does that make it a breakfast drink?? THANK YOU!:D

move over, mango.

BBC is in town!

Baileys, banana and Colada! But insist on half a real banana like Alvin uses in Vibe on the BA!

These aren't cocktails. Rather, they are sugar delivery mechanisms. If you want to try a classic or two, ask for a Sazerac, an Aviation, a French 75 or a Sidecar.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

These aren't cocktails. Rather, they are sugar delivery mechanisms. If you want to try a classic or two, ask for a Sazerac, an Aviation, a French 75 or a Sidecar.

What a douchey and wrong thing to say. They are most certainly cocktails, if you don't like them, don't order them.

I am excited to try the Mango Meltdown!

As of Feb 1st there should be a new drink on the menu, I tasted it last week on the Breakaway while they were doing their training for the bar staff. Try a "Grass Clippings", I'm usually just a tequila shot drinker but found this one quite nice. Similar to to a margarita but cucumber seems to give it more of a unique taste. I did ask for a bit more simple syrup so it wasn't quite so sour.

We were in the Haven in the BA this past October and our go to was the Mango Meltdown and Mudslides ( our first time having either one) we were so excited to have them again on our 3 day Charter cruise on the Pearl but they were really bad, so sweet it was undrinkable, and not just from one venue from all. Hopefully next time will be better

Those do sound tasty! If you're looking for another light/refreshing drink, try the Mr. Worldwide. I lost count of how many I had on the Getaway last month. I wish I had paid more attention, but I think it had Pimms, vodka, strawberry puree, and a splash of champagne. It was delicious!

As of Feb 1st there should be a new drink on the menu, I tasted it last week on the Breakaway while they were doing their training for the bar staff. Try a "Grass Clippings", I'm usually just a tequila shot drinker but found this one quite nice. Similar to to a margarita but cucumber seems to give it more of a unique taste. I did ask for a bit more simple syrup so it wasn't quite so sour.

I'm intrigued! Does anyone know what's in a Grass Clippings?

Those do sound tasty! If you're looking for another light/refreshing drink, try the Mr. Worldwide. I lost count of how many I had on the Getaway last month. I wish I had paid more attention, but I think it had Pimms, vodka, strawberry puree, and a splash of champagne. It was delicious!

Oh I love Pimms - I'll have to remember this one

I'm intrigued! Does anyone know what's in a Grass Clippings?

cucumber slices muddled/strained

cilantro leaf as garnish, with a bit of salt on top of the ice cubes

should be Patron silver tequila, but I had mine with 1800 tequila which is my favorite

lime juice

simple syrup

cointreau

Edited by Got Tequila?

its a mango slushie with a few liquors, one was brown . i agree with OP....i had mango on sundeck and BBC ( more like an ice cream shake) around lunch.

Sounds like my kind of drink! We are getting the drink package included with our cruise during spring break so we are looking forward to trying lots of new drinks. But if I drink only very strong drinks starting first thing in the morning I'll be out before noon! So I'm going to need to pace myself.

Does anybody know if you can get a drink as soon as you board when you sell from Houston? I know that Carnival won't even sell their drink package for the first day out of a Texas port but I'm not quite sure I understand why. It seems that they can still sell regular drinks the first day so I don't understand why they can't sell the drink package.

Edited by Jana60

Had the Best Mango Meltdown made by a young Russian ( I think ) at the Margeritaville Restaurant bar on the Escape 2 weeks ago...he mixes it as usual with Amaretto and spiced rum ...strawberry and mango purée ...swirls it about an inch higher than the glass... Pours a little spiced rum over the top ....then puts in a straw and fills the straw up with spiced rum, so , as he says your 1st sip is pure rum

move over, mango.

BBC is in town!

Yum, I fell in love with BBC's last April. I can't wait to have one again!

I'm going to have to try the mango meltdown! 91 days to go, lol

Mr. Worlwide, Grass Clippings, Pimm's #8 and many more FAVES are on my list.

Check it out. MUST HAVE for your next sailing.. :D I just used this on my December Escape sailing and it was awesome. 3 recipes below are new I will be trying these on my next Escape vogage (12/10/16).

Grass Clippings lime juice-simp-syrup-cointreau,cucum-slice mudd-strained-Patron Silver-cilantro leaf

Mr. Worldwide Vodka, Pimms, Strawberry Puree, Basil, lemon juice, splash of champagne

Pimm's No 8 Cup Grey-Goose Vodka-Acai Liqeuer-Pimm's-Lemon Sour-mint-cucumber-gingerale

NCL UBP FAV DRINKS.xls

Edited by Warm-Water Diver
adding recipes

• 3 weeks later...