Price drop after final payment. Any hope?

Hapytocruise

Noticed yesterday price on upcoming cruise dropped. Called and told sorry past final payment date so no price break but submit an auto claim on the price guarantee section of web site "as finance might do something for you". Tried all day and this morning filling out the form many, many times after which always getting auto message:

"System unable to handle your request at that moment. Please try again later."

Has anyone been successful getting anything through this process after final payment date?

Agree you need to watch carefully if the lower price voids some of your existing perks. Any of the Sr, residency, military, teacher, EMT discounts drop the 'BBB' booking perks.

In the past, if the price drop still included the BBB perks I wanted, I was frequently able to upgrade my cabin category for the small add-on of the new discount rate. IMHO using a TA for the adjustment is advantageous.

For example, at the pre-final rate, maybe Aqua was +$400 over my veranda. The late price drop makes Aqua +$150 over my veranda booking rate. I have then paid the reduced upcharge to Aqua.

Consider also that the post-final price drops often involve 'guaranty' assignment. Sometimes you win but more often these are 'last choice' locations with known noise issues (under buffet, pool, exercise area, etc. GOOD LUCK

Unless it's changed, the general rule is that you can make changes in cabin class after final payment as long as the new cabin you want costs at least $1 more than you paid for your current cabin (not the current price for the cabin you booked). There are no refunds or OBC's. You do have to be careful about perks...don't assume that any of them move to the new cabin....ask and get it in writing.

Edited by ghstudio

Celebrity also offers last minute upgrades close to sailing. On my recent cruise, I was able to upgrade from OV cat 6 to a2A balcony for $400 (single occupancy). This was well worth it since I saved about $1,600 from the posted balcony cost. I was also able to select my cabin, which turned out to be in an excellent midship location. I did not have any perks so do not know if the upgrade would have cancelled out perks. But usually upgrading with the best deals esp after final payment does impact perks so be forewarned and compare apples with apples.

Agree you need to watch carefully if the lower price voids some of your existing perks. Any of the Sr, residency, military, teacher, EMT discounts drop the 'BBB' booking perks.

I wasn't aware of any teacher discount. I am a teacher and my husband is a principal. How do we see the price difference with those discounts. I don't remember being asked if I was a teacher when I booked my cruise.

I wasn't aware of any teacher discount. I am a teacher and my husband is a principal. How do we see the price difference with those discounts. I don't remember being asked if I was a teacher when I booked my cruise.

There have never been any teacher discounts.

There have never been any teacher discounts.

Yes there have been, but they are much rarer than Resident, Senior or Military discounts.

My daughter and son-in-law are teachers, so I am always on the watch for the Teacher discount.