Does it ever get old?

Hi,

We will never forget the first time we cruised, it was from Southampton and we stayed in a hotel opposite from the cruise terminal. My wife had just finished her shower when I opened the curtains and saw the ship, I was gobsmacked, I had to call her and she thought that there was something wrong so she came running, we both stood there with mouths wide open.

Every cruise since we really look forward to the first view of the ship even if we have sailed on it before.

Pete

I've been on one cruise and I'd be happy to never go on another. Yes it got old fast.

I love the sea, I love boating, but cruising is none of that. To cruise, is to be cargo.

One of the more idiotic posts I've heard in awhile....:rolleyes:

While being at sea doesn't get old, the onboard experince gets really old. The never-ending "inch of gold-(plated)," the "art" auctions, etc.....

Don't forget the bingo announcements.:rolleyes:

Ha...too funny....just finished watching the new and improved Liberty tie up to the dock in Galveston...hoping to get a good glimpse of her new slides etc. And I'm not even cruising her until April!

I think the first cruise and first ship is Shock and Awe and it goes from there to just Awe. Our first cruise on Rhapsody will always be the one that hooked us and as such will remain our most memorable experience.

But we still can't wait to get on the next ship. Walking up that ramp and hearing the ding ding as we slip our card in the reader and the anticipation that proceeds it is mesmerizing. And the minute we set foot in the atrium the disappointment of knowing that we are one day closer to getting off the ship is horrid! I used to hate seing that day in the elevator..."only 6 more days...only 5 more days":eek::( Parting is such sweet sorrow......:o

Edited by BecciBoo

No it never gets old. Seeing the ship in dock and waiting to board is even more exciting now than the first cruise. First cruise we had no idea what to expect. Now we sail as often as we can or should I say as my vacation time allows me. Can't wait to retire!

Donna

Never gets old!

We enjoy reading about the ship, watching her on webcams and YouTube long before our cruises... And the first day?! It is the best day of our cruises! Everything is new, so much to explore and enjoy.

I still enjoy every sail away as I did my very first one.

That moment when you first see the ship you'll be cruising on ... is it still just as thrilling as the very first cruise?

The minute I round that final corner on the shuttle to the ship, I get the butterflies in my stomach and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Then after you're checked in and you've stepped onto the ship and they're taking your picture for your SeaPass card ... and then you walk through the doors on Deck4! WOOHOO! Does it get any better than that? :D

The minute I round that final corner on the shuttle to the ship, I get the butterflies in my stomach and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Then after you're checked in and you've stepped onto the ship and they're taking your picture for your SeaPass card ... and then you walk through the doors on Deck4! WOOHOO! Does it get any better than that? :D

You said exactly what was going to say....I get butterflies just doing the planing.....

Love, love , love cruising!!!!

I hope it never gets old....going on number 23 next month....Serenade of the seas

Once I book it, I'm obsessed from that day forward. It never gets old. I love when you cross the bridge, getting ready to board. So much anticipation from seeing it for the "first" time....even if you'd been on her before. Love everything about it. There's just something about waking up that morning of boarding....getting to the ship, seeing it for the first time, waiting to board.....Now to wait til September :(

You said exactly what was going to say....I get butterflies just doing the planing.....

I hope it never gets old....going on number 23 next month....Serenade of the seas

LOL. I didn't even want to go into the planning! My excitement actually starts when we're sitting at the Loyalty Ambassador's desk on the ship booking our next cruise(s)! Who knew our first cruise on Majesty would do this to me? ;). We loved Serenade but we love the "smaller" ships and have no desire to even try the bigger ships. We don't need the promenade or the water slides or all the other stuff that's being added to these big ships. Just give us the ocean and ports of call so we can see the world! :D

As soon as I book the excitement begins! That is part of the fun of the vacation. I am already planning on getting up early on the morning we embark to walk down to the pier to watch her sail in (and get some fab early morning pics of the ship!!).

That said, on our last cruise, we sailed from Venice and as we pulled in on the bus, it was a bit disappointing as there were at least 4 ships in port that day, and it was hard to get that "wow" glimpse of the ship, especially as the two ships on either side were about 3 times the size! However, walking up that gangway - there is nothing like it!!

I work at the Fort Lauderdale airport and can see the ships at Port Everglades everyday I go to work. But the day I pull up at the port to board a ship it's still like seeing the ship for the first time, because thats the day I get to go onboard and have my vacation. Even the second time I went on Jewel I had the same feeling. It's one of my favorite parts of cruising: the first site and that moment you're like we're going on board TODAY!!

It won't ever get old, if you don't allow it to get old.....it all is in your power.

We sail on our 19th cruise next week, and have #20 and #21 booked already with the hope of booking another one when we are on board.

Every cruise offers the opportunity for meeting new friends and having new adventures. The crew/staff is different and the cruisers are different....so even if on the same ship, it is an entirely new experience.

When we pull up to unload our luggage those same feelings of adventure that we had as we took our very first cruise return.....it is magical!