Giving It a Go! 1st Timer Panama Canal 10 days post DD

Familygoboston

It is more clear when you say that there is a missing link to the schedule on the Crew page on the UK site, instead of saying there's a "glitch". The landing page is clearly there, as we all can see it when we open the URL directly. But the link to navigate there from the home page is missing. When you stated it that way, I finally understood what it was you were trying to say ;-)

It is more clear when you say that there is a missing link to the schedule on the Crew page on the UK site, instead of saying there's a "glitch". The landing page is clearly there, as we all can see it when we open the URL directly. But the link to navigate there from the home page is missing. When you stated it that way, I finally understood what it was you were trying to say ;-)

How was I able to provide the link then :confused:

Read my post #69 and then have a go again or try and navigate to the officer schedule page from the main page of the Azamara UK website and you can't:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk

I know I'm not going crazy! My last post on this matter trying to bring it to the attention of Bonnie.:o

Phil

I just open up the link you posted (UK) and went down to the very bottom of the pg. and click on senior officer schedule and it came up with no problem

Unfortunately, CC is the slowest most difficult thing to load of all- FB, Twitter, my email is all fine, but CC is very hard to work with...sorry folks!

Great PC transit today, glad some of you saw it on the webcam. After anchoring outside PAnama City, we had a lovely White Night with a Panamanian Folk group. Tomorrow is an early day for most, with tours heading out to the locks, natural areas or Panama City.

Hope to post more tomorrow if the CC cooperates.

Read my post #69 and then have a go again or try and navigate to the officer schedule page from the main page of the Azamara UK website and you can't:

I know I'm not going crazy! My last post on this matter trying to bring it to the attention of Bonnie.:o

Phil

For some reason I'm not seeing it. :confused:

Unfortunately, CC is the slowest most difficult thing to load of all- FB, Twitter, my email is all fine, but CC is very hard to work with...sorry folks!

Great PC transit today, glad some of you saw it on the webcam. After anchoring outside PAnama City, we had a lovely White Night with a Panamanian Folk group. Tomorrow is an early day for most, with tours heading out to the locks, natural areas or Panama City.

Hope to post more tomorrow if the CC cooperates.

Try using the Tapatalk app to access Cruise Critic - it's much easier and quicker!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil

I have notified Mr. Twynam about the glitch.

I have notified Mr. Twynam about the glitch.

Thanks Bonnie. Apologies if my frustration comes through in this thread.

To the OP, hope you are continuing to enjoy the cruise and White Night was good. I saw some photos of it and as you passed through the Panama Canal. I've only been through Gatun Locks and into the lake. Would love to do a full transit one day.😎

Phil

Thanks Bonnie. Apologies if my frustration comes through in this thread.

To the OP, hope you are continuing to enjoy the cruise and White Night was good. I saw some photos of it and as you passed through the Panama Canal. I've only been through Gatun Locks and into the lake. Would love to do a full transit one day.😎

Phil

No need to apologize, Phil. We will get this sorted out.

We are really enjoying the Captain and his rapport with his crew, especially he and Eric Degray have a whole series of sight gags based on their height and hair differences! Everyone from crew, to fellow passengers to folks we've met in the street have been wonderful!

I took several cute time lapse shots with my iPhone yesterday, looking forward to posting them all In a proper review when I return!

Today was PAnama City, and we had a great day with Rudi Tours- Rudi is a fabulous ambassador who took us to nearly every zone and section of this very rapidly developing city. It was a terrific tour of the new Canal Zone visitors center- which looks to be about 95% finished (and is according to their own pop ups on their video presentation.

The City itself including a walk around the old city in Casco Viejo was an amazing study in contrasts, and the power of the self determination of the people of Panama since they took management of the Canal in their country.

Tomorrow is our last sea day, and seas are calm, should be fun!

We are really enjoying the Captain and his rapport with his crew, especially he and Eric Degray have a whole series of sight gags based on their height and hair differences! Everyone from crew, to fellow passengers to folks we've met in the street have been wonderful!

I took several cute time lapse shots with my iPhone yesterday, looking forward to posting them all In a proper review when I return!

Today was PAnama City, and we had a great day with Rudi Tours- Rudi is a fabulous ambassador who took us to nearly every zone and section of this very rapidly developing city. It was a terrific tour of the new Canal Zone visitors center- which looks to be about 95% finished (and is according to their own pop ups on their video presentation.

The City itself including a walk around the old city in Casco Viejo was an amazing study in contrasts, and the power of the self determination of the people of Panama since they took management of the Canal in their country.

Tomorrow is our last sea day, and seas are calm, should be fun!

Your posts are really enjoyable and are helping fill 'today we should have been.....'

DH has had his surgery now and is on the mend. Can't wait to see all the changes when we're back on the Journey in November

Looking forward to seeing more of your photo's and reading the full review -

Enjoy the rest of your cruise

Sue & Lester

He's such a good sharer of this sort of stuff. Azamara are really lucky to have him take the time and get the pleasure out of doing it.

Phil

Have to agree! We sailed with Capt. T on SeaDream but look forward to renewing the good times on Azamara. He is the best.

Your posts are really enjoyable and are helping fill 'today we should have been.....'

DH has had his surgery now and is on the mend. Can't wait to see all the changes when we're back on the Journey in November

Looking forward to seeing more of your photo's and reading the full review -

Enjoy the rest of your cruise

Sue & Lester

We miss you too!

SEA DAY today!

It was super hot, and very smooth sailing. Capt had his talk and some excellent before and after photos of the dry dock. Given the scope of what they did, it's pretty amazing how much they DID finish! We've taken some photos we will share when we have better internet.

There was a nice singer tonight and Asian Buffet this evening. We've been enjoying the Seaview Verandah and we are so glad they "saved" it!

Sorry for th abandonment! We ran out of minutes, and then we disembarked to in Quepos (this was planned) to travel to Drake Bay for a stay at LaPaloma lodge for the last 5 days. It's pretty rustic and off the grid! I was able to check email once in a while but not post here.

Hopefully others will also write reviews about this cruise now that they are how - but our first time experience with Azamara was great; the crew the fellow passengers were all friendly (and in the case of the crew, super helpful!) The port lecturer was truly engaging and I learned so much about the area! The food was good and diverse enough not to ever get boring! The itinerary was interesting, DH and I found the sea days a bit long for us- we get itching to explore and while the company was excellent, we would look for more ports per day for the next cruise.

I'll start a new thread for a full picture review once hubby gets the photos processed. The thanks to all of for you for your helpful advice and for following along during our cruise!