Giving It a Go! 1st Timer Panama Canal 10 days post DD

Familygoboston

Interesting that this veranda cabin on deck 7 shows the curved loveseat - and the video of Journey just posted in another thread (post dry dock) shows a veranda also on deck 7 (the forward cabin, I believe- so a different category? But still a veranda size) with the cushy chair instead of the loveseat (the other arrangements all look the same)

Any ideas which cabins have which "2nd" option (in addition to the desk chair)?

The chair shown in 7000 converts into a bed. On the deck plan all cabins shown with a "convertible sofa bed" will have this seat and all the others will have the love seat. Mostly they are the love seats.

Phil

Thanks muchly for the explanations! We're not in a connecting room (as far as I know...) so presumably we'll have the loveseat....(just checked deck plans, no notations on our cabin, so....just a regular room for us ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Yes!! I am totally following you. I have read all your reviews on RC as well. My hubby are taking our first Azamara cruise to the Balics this summer also as a first timer after many with RC. We will be on the Quest a couple months after their Dry Dock. Super excited to follow your review.

We arrived in Cartegenga today at 1PM, it was hot and humid, but there were trade winds to keep us comfortable! We did a tour with Dora, who I found on trip Advisor. She was wonderful, but the city is so big and had so much to offer, we could only get a taste in 4 hours!

This evening was the Azamazing Evening, a very modern piano concert with dance, lights and techno by Ivann, a very charming young Columbian musician. Logisitically, it s incredible what they pull off to get 700 people to experience this wondrous evening in the beautiful and historical Teatro Heredia!

To follow up on the cycles, our Hotel Director let me know today that for the duration of the cruise the spin cycles will be open to passengers. I was very pleased with the follow up and with the fact that he recognized us everywhere he saw us and followed up with us.

Just to report back on laundry- the guest laundry is still "out of service" ...I see the most incredibly handsome young lads working on it each day, but so far the "closed sign" remains. No announcements about complimentary laundry have been made, but I know some folks without a "free bag" have requested a dress bag and been given a coupon.

Tonight the captain explained we will have some swells again, and this time to our rear. So he's picking up speed so the stabilizers might work better and to get to Panama in the early evening where he will dock so we have a still evening for dinner and shows and be anchored overnight and ready to start the canal first thing in the morning after a full day at sea tomorrow.

Chuck Richardssons talk today on the canal has us ready to do that!

We are meeting the most incredible folks, having a great time! Thank you all for following, sorry I don't have so much time to respond, but k is I do appreciate it!

We arrived in Cartegenga today at 1PM, it was hot and humid, but there were trade winds to keep us comfortable! We did a tour with Dora, who I found on trip Advisor. She was wonderful, but the city is so big and had so much to offer, we could only get a taste in 4 hours!

This evening was the Azamazing Evening, a very modern piano concert with dance, lights and techno by Ivann, a very charming young Columbian musician. Logisitically, it s incredible what they pull off to get 700 people to experience this wondrous evening in the beautiful and historical Teatro Heredia!

To follow up on the cycles, our Hotel Director let me know today that for the duration of the cruise the spin cycles will be open to passengers. I was very pleased with the follow up and with the fact that he recognized us everywhere he saw us and followed up with us.

Just to report back on laundry- the guest laundry is still "out of service" ...I see the most incredibly handsome young lads working on it each day, but so far the "closed sign" remains. No announcements about complimentary laundry have been made, but I know some folks without a "free bag" have requested a dress bag and been given a coupon.

Tonight the captain explained we will have some swells again, and this time to our rear. So he's picking up speed so the stabilizers might work better and to get to Panama in the early evening where he will dock so we have a still evening for dinner and shows and be anchored overnight and ready to start the canal first thing in the morning after a full day at sea tomorrow.

Chuck Richardssons talk today on the canal has us ready to do that!

We are meeting the most incredible folks, having a great time! Thank you all for following, sorry I don't have so much time to respond, but k is I do appreciate it!

There were no announcements concerning the self service laundry on our cruise. We went to guest relations to ask when it would be open and were told to ask our attendant for a free bag. We had packed expecting to use the laundry. We also had a free bag coupon for being discoverer plus, and made due with the two bags. We were only a couple of cabins away from the laundry and heard metal cutting and grinding going on for a couple of days and could also smell burning metal. Seems like a long time to replace washers and dryers.

This is driving me nuts> There's no schedule showing at the bottom of the page.

I know...I can't find it either??? :confused: LuAnn

I can see it fine. Must be your browser. I'm using Chrome on a Windows desktop and when I scroll - voila, there at the bottom....Schedules through the end of the year (23 Dec 2016) And there are two tabs so you can select Journey or Quest.

Edited by Hoyaheel

This is driving me nuts> There's no schedule showing at the bottom of the page.

The Senior Officer schedule shows up below the bios. At least it does on the US site. Perhaps try changing the flag at top right?

Here's the link to the page

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

The Senior Officer schedule shows up below the bios. At least it does on the US site. Perhaps try changing the flag at top right?

Here's the link to the page

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

Bonnie, there's an anomaly on the UK site and it doesn't show a link for the schedule. I just change the flag country top right to "other countries" and it shows up.

Phil

Bonnie, there's an anomaly on the UK site and it doesn't show a link for the schedule.

I clicked on the link on page 2 here - which is the UK site as it has .uk.co in the URL - and it worked fine for me. I am in the US - but the link still has the UK in it when I'm looking at the officers' schedules.....

Edited by Hoyaheel

Bonnie, there's an anomaly on the UK site and it doesn't show a link for the schedule. I just change the flag country top right to "other countries" and it shows up.

Phil

Agree I have no idea how Hoyaheel is seeing the schedules unless he is also changing the flag country. It is a definite glitch on the site

Agree I have no idea how Hoyaheel is seeing the schedules unless he is also changing the flag country. It is a definite glitch on the site

I see it on the UK site no problem....I use Opera on my iPad :)

The link I provided came from the UK site.

I see it on the UK site no problem....I use Opera on my iPad :)

The link I provided came from the UK site.

There is something wrong Phil and I cannot see it other than via the link Bonnie has given and others can so Bonnie does need to flag this up to the powers that be. If you go to the site without the link it does not show the schedule

Edited by uktog

I think if only 2 people are reporting problems seeing a site that the first step would be for those people to clear cookies and/or try a different device or browser to see the link. I've now tried on 2 other devices and it's fine (I'm still seeing the UK site from the URL link earlier in the thread and I am not changing the flag - I am literally looking at the uk.co in the URL while I am scrolling down to look at the schedule)

Edited by Hoyaheel

I clicked on the link on page 2 here - which is the UK site as it has .uk.co in the URL - and it worked fine for me. I am in the US - but the link still has the UK in it when I'm looking at the officers' schedules.....

Works with the direct link Tom posted, but doesn't if you try and access it through the main Azamara website here. You see on the page near top left there is a route of how you got there, "Home / Life Onboard / Our Crew / Senior Officer Schedule? Go back a stage and click on "Our Crew" and then the Senior Officer Schedule option disappears unless you change the country. That's how I access the link as I have the main page saved. There's a glitch there somewhere, but I worked out some time ago how to get round it.

Phil

I think if only 2 people are reporting problems seeing a site that the first step would be for those people to clear cookies and/or try a different device or browser to see the link. I've now tried on 2 other devices and it's fine (I'm still seeing the UK site from the URL link earlier in the thread and I am not changing the flag - I am literally looking at the uk.co in the URL while I am scrolling down to look at the schedule)

See my post above. It's general, not just certain people. Same in Opera or any other browser.

Phil

Works with the direct link Tom posted, but doesn't if you try and access it through the main Azamara website here. You see on the page near top left there is a route of how you got there, "Home / Life Onboard / Our Crew / Senior Officer Schedule? Go back a stage and click on "Our Crew" and then the Senior Officer Schedule option disappears unless you change the country. That's how I access the link as I have the main page saved. There's a glitch there somewhere, but I worked out some time ago how to get round it.

Phil

There are changes. Ryszard leaves Journey in LA on February 29 and joins Quest for her drydock in April. How this affects remainder of schedule I don't know.

Thanks for your latest update of your cruise and replying about the iron railings on the main staircase.

Have you heard anything about when the new canal will open?

I really want to go through the new canal too. I have been watching through videos about the new kind of doors on the locks in the new canal.

You are in for a great day when you do the full transit. Enjoy!

Edited by Azulann

There is something wrong Phil and I cannot see it other than via the link Bonnie has given and others can so Bonnie does need to flag this up to the powers that be. If you go to the site without the link it does not show the schedule

Afraid to say that I can also see the full schedule on the UK site:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

I'm using Microsoft Edge on my laptop running Windows 10.

I'd like to know when the 2017 schedule will be showing though?

Anyway, back to the Panama Canal.....;)

Edited by little britain

Afraid to say that I can also see the full schedule on the UK site:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

I'm using Microsoft Edge on my laptop running Windows 10.

I'd like to know when the 2017 schedule will be showing though?

Anyway, back to the Panama Canal.....;)

Read my post #69 and then have a go again or try and navigate to the officer schedule page from the main page of the Azamara UK website and you can't:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk

I know I'm not going crazy! My last post on this matter trying to bring it to the attention of Bonnie.:o

Phil