Just Boarded Liberty

laurac22

I saw a few pictures that got posted by someone of a look inside the new rooms post construction. Just needed some assembly of the beds etc. But yeah, decor and all was just like Freedom. I will see if I can locate those and repost....

Where I'm concerned is the Family Panoramic Room. Freedom states 1.5 bathrooms but Liberty only says 1 so I'm hoping they are exactly like Freedom with 1.5 baths but concerned that they aren't. That's why I'm waiting for someone live to post about these rooms. There are only 2 Family Panoramic Rooms 1804 and 1854.....I stand corrected Liberty does state 1.5. Awesome. But technically they don't exist until May 1 [according to RCCL website].

Edited by TnTWalter

Where I'm concerned is the Family Panoramic Room. Freedom states 1.5 bathrooms but Liberty only says 1 so I'm hoping they are exactly like Freedom with 1.5 baths but concerned that they aren't. That's why I'm waiting for someone live to post about these rooms. There are only 2 Family Panoramic Rooms 1804 and 1854.....I stand corrected Liberty does state 1.5. Awesome. But technically they don't exist until May 1 [according to RCCL website].

They are the Family large ocean view prior to May 1. Cheaper because the name hasn't changed.

Haha I was going to say the website shows them as 1.5 on my end. Glad you found it! You could definitely book them before that (May) but will need to call RCCL to do so. I believe you always have to call to book a room such as those anyways, but I could be wrong as i've never tried. Good luck!!

767314499_ScreenShot2016-02-08at3_57_34PM.jpg.7359fa7446a2d100d261986ba3a10024.jpg

Ok everyone, I will try to get to some of your questions. I have not been to deck 12, but will try to get up there today. I'll take pictures but probably won't post until I get home, as no VOOM and slow wifi.

No freestyle sodas. Perfect storm opened and has been good from what I understand. I have not gone on them, as my Son is in a wheelchair and I'm disappointed that they made no effort for special needs and if he can't ride then I won't either. Same with mini golf, always been able to do that one, but they made it non accessible as well.

Elevators have been HORRIBLE!! And I'm a bit grumpy this morning because due to weather we just missed going to Grand Cayman. So another sea day, although Brilliance of the seas just blew by us Headed that way so would be interested to see if they got into GC.

Crew have been awesome. Saturday Night Fever show was the best I've ever seen at sea.

Not sure about the beer bucket or punch card will ask today. We have the ultimate beverage package. Don't know much about all the lounges because we are only Emerald. Can't help there.

Sorry haven't kept the compasses[emoji4]

I do know that the new cabins on deck 12 are not ready and those that booked those cabins had to be moved elsewhere. Also still 500 contractors on board trying to complete everything that wasn't finished.

Carla

Wow, didn't know that. Did they say how long it would be until the new staterooms are ready?

Ok everyone, I will try to get to some of your questions. I have not been to deck 12, but will try to get up there today. I'll take pictures but probably won't post until I get home, as no VOOM and slow wifi.

No freestyle sodas. Perfect storm opened and has been good from what I understand. I have not gone on them, as my Son is in a wheelchair and I'm disappointed that they made no effort for special needs and if he can't ride then I won't either. Same with mini golf, always been able to do that one, but they made it non accessible as well.

Elevators have been HORRIBLE!! And I'm a bit grumpy this morning because due to weather we just missed going to Grand Cayman. So another sea day, although Brilliance of the seas just blew by us Headed that way so would be interested to see if they got into GC.

Crew have been awesome. Saturday Night Fever show was the best I've ever seen at sea.

Not sure about the beer bucket or punch card will ask today. We have the ultimate beverage package. Don't know much about all the lounges because we are only Emerald. Can't help there.

Thanks for updates, looking forward to "Saturday night fever"

I do know that the new cabins on deck 12 are not ready and those that booked those cabins had to be moved elsewhere. Also still 500 contractors on board trying to complete everything that wasn't finished.

Carla

Terrible, sounds like a lot of let downs overall. I'll have to remember this thread if I ever decide to book a cruise right after dry dock. Glad you're taking it in stride and enjoying some things.

Also add me to the list of people interested in deck 12 as we will be in 1802.

Any chance you could post the order of the dinner menus in the MDR (ie Mojo, Saffron, pimiento, Pomodoro, Jasmine, Basil, etc)??

And show times? What night was Saturday Night Fever?

Are formal nights still Monday and Friday?

Edited by WomanRN

Try asking RC staff. My mom is often in a wheelchair (degenerative disc disease). On more than one RC cruise, staff have offered to get her and her chair up to a non-accessible area. Sometimes you have to ask more than one person though, since answers aren't always consistent with RCI.

Try asking RC staff. My mom is often in a wheelchair (degenerative disc disease). On more than one RC cruise, staff have offered to get her and her chair up to a non-accessible area. Sometimes you have to ask more than one person though, since answers aren't always consistent with RCI.

My Son is 6'1 and 200 pounds, and unable to walk at all. We have had some help offered, but not this trip, and certainly not up a ton of steps to a water slide, as I would never expect. A lift would have been a nice touch though:rolleyes:

Well We're home.

I am happy to try and answer questions you may have. Don't have time to look back a previous posts for questions, but will try to keep up with new ones. I have some, but not all the compasses, but don't know how to post them...sorry feel stupid about that:D. but can answer questions about them.

Without being to negative, I will say this was not the best cruise we've had. Can't really pin point one thing, just a lot of different things that were off. Will say we will never go on a cruise right after dry dock again.

Ask away...

My Son is 6'1 and 200 pounds, and unable to walk at all. We have had some help offered, but not this trip, and certainly not up a ton of steps to a water slide, as I would never expect. A lift would have been a nice touch though:rolleyes:

I understand. And I agree.

Well We're home.

I am happy to try and answer questions you may have. Don't have time to look back a previous posts for questions, but will try to keep up with new ones. I have some, but not all the compasses, but don't know how to post them...sorry feel stupid about that:D. but can answer questions about them.

Without being to negative, I will say this was not the best cruise we've had. Can't really pin point one thing, just a lot of different things that were off. Will say we will never go on a cruise right after dry dock again.

Ask away...

Sorry that it was a less than ideal cruise. We had a similar experience on QOS just before she went to China. We're not going to choose a ship just before she transitions across the globe again.

What times is stand up surfing open on the compasses you do have?

No different than being away from a "regular" job - when you come back the first week things seem a little off - especially if you are working with a different crew - expect by the time we board Feb 28, they will have worked out those little kinks and it will be beautiful and run smooth as glass!

Sorry that it was a less than ideal cruise. We had a similar experience on QOS just before she went to China. We're not going to choose a ship just before she transitions across the globe again.

What times is stand up surfing open on the compasses you do have?

Day 5 9:00-9:30 Advanced stand up

9:30-10:15 Stand up Surfing

4:30-6:00 Stand up Surfing

Day 6 same times except 5:30-7:00

Day 7 9:00-9:30

9:30-11:00

3:00-5:00

No different than being away from a "regular" job - when you come back the first week things seem a little off - especially if you are working with a different crew - expect by the time we board Feb 28, they will have worked out those little kinks and it will be beautiful and run smooth as glass!

It was more than just a few kinks that made this an not so ideal cruise for us, but I hope in your case you have a wonderful cruise. Good luck!:)

Any chance you could post the order of the dinner menus in the MDR (ie Mojo, Saffron, pimiento, Pomodoro, Jasmine, Basil, etc)??

And show times? What night was Saturday Night Fever?

Are formal nights still Monday and Friday?

I'm sorry, we only ate in the dining room three times, and do not remember the order of those.

Saturday Night Fever was on Tuesday.

Formals were Monday and Thursday.

I'm sorry, we only ate in the dining room three times, and do not remember the order of those.

Saturday Night Fever was on Tuesday.

Formals were Monday and Thursday.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer! :D

I'm sorry your cruise was not the best. It seems the weather was not the best either as I have read y'all missed Grand Cayman :(