Just Boarded Liberty

laurac22

Thank you! I really do try to be up beat and not a downer, I also try hard to help with the special needs/ differently abled passengers, but things were just not right with this cruise. You are so right about kindness!

Great review, and your posts have been upbeat.

We too learned the hard way not to do a ship that repositions to a new port or after a dry dock on the first cruise. We were on a RCCL Alaska cruise on the Serenade on her inaugural year. The ship had been in Hawaii and then shifted to Alaska. Oh, my! New staff, new changes to menu, new drink menu. The poor staff was exhausted from cruising from Hawaii to Alaska with many sea days. Everything was a bit off. Grumbling staff was the norm. Seemed like they had a manager shift who didn't have a clue how to implement the changes. While we LOVED Alaska, and things being a bit off didn't dampen our enthusiasm to see all that Alaska has to offer, it is a cruise we often refer to as memorable due to things lacking. :(

So sorry you were unable to change your cruise due to no accessible cabins. We look forward to cruising on the Liberty while she is in Galveston, but due to yours and others reviews, glad we couldn't be on board early after dry dock.

Great review, and your posts have been upbeat.

We too learned the hard way not to do a ship that repositions to a new port or after a dry dock on the first cruise. We were on a RCCL Alaska cruise on the Serenade on her inaugural year. The ship had been in Hawaii and then shifted to Alaska. Oh, my! New staff, new changes to menu, new drink menu. The poor staff was exhausted from cruising from Hawaii to Alaska with many sea days. Everything was a bit off. Grumbling staff was the norm. Seemed like they had a manager shift who didn't have a clue how to implement the changes. While we LOVED Alaska, and things being a bit off didn't dampen our enthusiasm to see all that Alaska has to offer, it is a cruise we often refer to as memorable due to things lacking. :(

So sorry you were unable to change your cruise due to no accessible cabins. We look forward to cruising on the Liberty while she is in Galveston, but due to yours and others reviews, glad we couldn't be on board early after dry dock.

Yes this was our experience as well. Oh well live and learn. Still a beautiful ship, but just maybe not the ship for us. Which is a real bummer because its our home port :(They need to work on their accessibility issues. Most people don't have to worry about that though. Happy future sailings to you!!

Internet was extremely slow. Could not even get on at times. Online picture ordering was terrible! Kids water park was fun, closed the first two days of sailing. They were still working on it as well as the water slides. Balcony stateroom did not have anything upgraded or remodeled.

:eek: What??? Not good. I was looking forward to sailing on Liberty since it's in Galveston. But I don't want a room that's outdated.

Yeah, I'm also disappointed to read this. Our curtains in our balcony cabin last Dec. had holes you could see through that let a lot of light through. Guess we need to bring black-out curtains now in addition to our foam eggcrate mattress pads!

For the love of Christ!!!! You guys are freaking me out! Just booked my first cruise ever and am booked for a room on 12. Surely they will have a lot of these kinks worked out by April....

Right??????

I am sure it'll be ready by then.

For the love of Christ!!!! You guys are freaking me out! Just booked my first cruise ever and am booked for a room on 12. Surely they will have a lot of these kinks worked out by April....

Right??????

By April everything should be good to go!! If its your first cruise, you likely wouldn't notice all the little things anyway:) You will love Liberty and your first cruise...I'm sure of it!

Right??????

This is our first cruise with Royal as well and we are on deck 12 too. Cruising April 24th.

good news is those rooms are completely new didn't exist until the refurbishment. So we will have all new everything up there. I haven't paid much attention to the comments unless it pertains to just general stuff on the ship not anything regarding suites or diamond ratings