Best 1st aboard lunch spot Getaway

wizdiz

I looked and couldn't find. Leaving on the getaway March 13th. What is the best spot for that 1st lunch. I like to avoid the crowded buffets. I know a lot of times the MDR is best.

Also any other don't misses for this ship? Any other ship advice?

Thanks

Flamingo Grill on Deck 16, just above the crowded buffet. Great food, great views, and a great way to avoid the crowds.

Thanks I think I will check this spot out 1st. If looks too busy MDR it is.

1. Avoid O'Sheehan's, bad food, so bad we never went back

2. MDR

3. use Flamingo grill for breakfast, shorter faster omelet line, must have lime sweet roll and fruit cocktail (literally diced fresh fruit served in a cocktail glass, ahhh).

4. The Garden Café buffet on the Getaway is wonderful, eat there anytime.

On the other hand, we enjoyed O'Sheehans. Lunch on our first day: one burger, wings, spinach dip and corned beef sandwich. All hit the spot and the place was almost empty. We also had "snacks" there one day coming back from port. Both times, ate in the bar area.

We returned to O'Sheehans for their prime rib, which we found to be the same as in the MDR. Also had a couple of breakfasts there.

Thanks everyone for all this info. I joined the roll call board for this sailing my last cruise the roll call had 60+ surprised only a handful this time. On my last cruise on the Epic there was a O-Sheehans and always enjoyed it and see that they changed the menu.

Taste and/or Savor open around noon (whereas boarding starts around 11:30). We normally board early, take care of a few bookings, then take our first day flyers and schedules to the Taste to plan our first day aboard. The Lunch menus are pretty standard. NCL did a big upgrade to the lunch menus in the MDR starting with the Getaway and slowly rolling it out to the fleet (we were on the inaugural voyage of the Getaway after its premiere as the Bud Lite hotel during the Super Bowl and were actually surveyed about what we thought of the menu).

Does anyone have menu for lunch in MDR? Is every lunch the same menu in MDR?

This can change as the (dinner) menus update but at least on our cruise on 1/10 they still had the not-new-menus and there are two different lunch menus in MDR, versions marked A and B.

I have no pictures though, but the current menus have been in use for quite a while already so they probably can be found from beyond ships or some other site.

Is the Flamingo Grill a buffet or sit-down? Do they have a consistent menu every day?

It's a mini-buffet with Cuban specialties. There are items that are consistent, but also some that vary daily. I ate lunch there nearly every day on my Getaway cruise.

On the other hand, we enjoyed O'Sheehans. Lunch on our first day: one burger, wings, spinach dip and corned beef sandwich. All hit the spot and the place was almost empty. We also had "snacks" there one day coming back from port. Both times, ate in the bar area.

We returned to O'Sheehans for their prime rib, which we found to be the same as in the MDR. Also had a couple of breakfasts there.

Fish, chips, mozzarella sticks. We don't do beef, chicken, etc. Slow indifferent service in the bar area, cold tasteless food. Other options were better for us. I loved the pub on the Sky and was really looking forward to a similar quality, total let down. Glad yours was not and now I know other options are better for us, nothing wrong with trying something.

My MDR lunch meal on Sky was a great start so hopefully we will do MDR again on Escape.