Traveling with Suite Guests

L75317

We have an upcoming cruise on the Silly with friends who booked a suite. We are in a balcony cabin. They are excited about their dining choices, but I don't think we are able to accompany them. Does anyone know our options? Are we stuck in the MDR, while they eat at Luminae and Blue? Is there any chance we can eat with them? We are not able to upgrade to a suite. Thank you!

If they invite you, and charge to their Sea Pass account, you can be guests. Dinner is $50 pp, breakfast and lunch are less (you may be limited as to number of visits). There always the specialty restaurants and the buffet.

Exactly what was said above! :)

I dined in Luminae as a "guest" of a suite passenger on my last cruise. Because I knew this was going to happen, I planned in advance by calling up Celebrity and having an OBC added to the suite passenger's stateroom folio in the amount needed for the two guests going for dinner.

Just for completeness, you will not be able to join them in Blu, even for $'s....it is restricted to aqua class and suite guests...and it's one of the few policies that's actually enforced across all the ships.

The charge is applied to the suite passenger's account, not to the accounts of the guests who are accompanying them?? That doesn't make sense. I thought this was just like a specialty restaurant fee except you need to get the maitre'd's permission to allow guests to accompany you.

We were in a suite on our last cruise and cruised with friends not in a suite. Though Luminae was not up and running yet for that cruise, we rarely ate in the MDR anyway. Another option not mentioned yet is to have dinner sent to the suite for all four of you. We did that on one of the formal nights and had a wonderful dinner and lovely wine delivered course by course by the butler. We ate in the specialties together a couple of times and once in port. We had some dinners alone as well - we both enjoyed some time alone with our spouses.

The thing we were more worried about was Michael's Club. It was our first time with MC and we wanted to enjoy it as much as possible. Our friends were great and told us that we had paid for it so we should use it. The concierge did let them in a couple of times, which was great, but I wouldn't count on it on every cruise. It all worked out nicely, I think because we found a good balance with time together and time alone.

We are now planning a cruise with 4 other couples that we met on another cruise. Two couple are in suites, one in AQ and 2 in balconies. It should be interesting. We are in a suite and plan to take full advantage of Luminae, but I can't imagine eating there every night for 14 nights. We will eat in Blu with the AQ couple at least once, the MDR with everyone sometimes, the specialties with anyone who wants to join and hopefully most or all will join us in Luminae at least once. I think because we like a combination of alone time and time with friends, it will all work out.

The charge is applied to the suite passenger's account, not to the accounts of the guests who are accompanying them?? That doesn't make sense. I thought this was just like a specialty restaurant fee except you need to get the maitre'd's permission to allow guests to accompany you.
When we invite people to Luminae, or to a specialty restaurant, or anywhere else as our guests, we pay for them.

It is the same as inviting someone to be our guest on land, whether to a restaurant, or show or sports event.

Inviting someone as your guest is different from a group of friends getting together to go to dinner, or to a ball game or a show, or on a tour.

In such situations, where people all pay their own way, nobody is a "guest"of anyone else.

(Maybe the confusion arises from cruise line and hotel and restaurant employees using the word "guests" as a euphemism when referring to us because it sounds so much nicer than accurately calling us paying customers. ;))

Edited by varoo