Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

RCCL were more then willing to sail into a pretty substantial storm. Their lack of caution is my gripe along with they way they handled the aftermath

In court, for the verdict, the plaintiffs don't even have to prove any willingness or intention on the part of RCCL. All they need to prove is that the defendants REASONABLY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN of the substantial risks of sailing into a serious storm.

Proving the "willfulness" component of course will most likely significantly increase the amount of award for punitive damages. But it isn't necessary for the verdict.

With Sandy, there were cruises that started late, and cruises that lasted longer. I wonder if they delayed the sailing of this cruise, and the weather was as predicted, if folks would be complaining that they were cheated.

They would have had to delay it at least 2 days. They left Saturday, the storm was Sunday coming up the east coast - they wouldn't have been able to leave until Monday afternoon.

Then where/what could they have done? You can't get that far south and back in only 5 days.

Otherwise... a month from now.. no one will really be talking about this.. other than those who were on board.

I say more like a week. This place was a zoo for a few days back in 2011 when a similar thing happened to Freedom of the Seas. A week or so later it was back to "normal" bickering back and forth about tips, dress codes, etc and so forth. Now Im wondering if anyone here, besides those onboard, even remembers that incident?

With Sandy, there were cruises that started late, and cruises that lasted longer. I wonder if they delayed the sailing of this cruise, and the weather was as predicted, if folks would be complaining that they were cheated.

I see so many negative reviews in missed private island stops due to weather, with people stating conditions weren't that bad, and they should have tendered.

Of course some people would complain. People do have a tendency to complain

when their vacation does not go as expected. That doesn't mean the decision shouldn't be made.

How does one thing relate to the other?

I asked a question. Nicely.

Also, RCI is the 2nd best cruise line of the 2 cruise lines that I've been on. How does that equal Kool-Aid even if you possibly find a way to connect the 2 statements?

They relate because many here appear to be willing go to whatever lengths necessary to make anyone who complains about anything related to RCCL/RCI look like a fool and take up for the company.

I honestly believe that if one of the beloved Captains sailed one of those large ships into the side of an aircraft carrier and (somehow) caused both to explode and sink in minutes they would be demanding an investigation into why that idiot at the helm of the carrier got in the way.

Just my opinion...yours may vary

Emotions running a little high :o

That is totally understandable Shaun. Im not even gonna sit here and pretend I know how you are feeling and I hope that nothing I have posted leads you to believe I do. You dont owe me an apology at all but I appreciate it.

My email to 6abcnews.

I do not use face book or twitter. This question is for Rick Williams who stated on the noon news that the Anthem of the Seas "LIMPED" back to Bayonne last night. Limped means that the ship is damaged. Can he please supply his source of info and what the actual damage is? I am a member of Cruise Critic and we all want to know. We do know that she was going at 6 knots because of high winds and arriving during a lower tide so she could go under the "V" bridge. Royal says she will sail on Saturday. Why did he use the word limp?

Thank you.

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Royal has apologized. Royal has admitted they were wrong by going out. The big mystery is why do you people still defend them ??

I guess when you give a company so much money for so long you have to be able to justify it. We all do it in our lives to some degree

That is totally understandable Shaun. Im not even gonna sit here and pretend I know how you are feeling and I hope that nothing I have posted leads you to believe I do. You dont owe me an apology at all but I appreciate it.

Thank you....Its all good!

lead by example....now follow!!!

Royal has apologized. Royal has admitted they were wrong by going out. The big mystery is why do you people still defend them ??

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

Why do you care what people think about a company? If you hate RCI.. don't use them again. Lots of options out there.

If RCI is truly the epitome of evil in the cruising industry.. then they will eventually be out of business (wouldn't bet on it though)

Stop pushing your agenda... I have sailed on NCL.. RCCL.. Celebrity and Carnival. All offer different things for different people. All make mistakes... all have encountered deaths.. storms and norovirus. ALL have humans as captains and in the corporate offices.

I don't know why I even responded to you :(

They relate because many here appear to be willing go to whatever lengths necessary to make anyone who complains about anything related to RCCL/RCI look like a fool and take up for the company.

I honestly believe that if one of the beloved Captains sailed one of those large ships into the side of an aircraft carrier and (somehow) caused both to explode and sink in minutes they would be demanding an investigation into why that idiot at the helm of the carrier got in the way.

Just my opinion...yours may vary

Great post! Thanks for the chuckle!

its hard for us to take the emotion out of it. I know the captain and Rccl knew about a strong storm and decided to sail into it. I concede that they didn't know the storm would turn so bad. But no one can convince we that rccl is a great company that love there customers and always put them first

My take on this is Royal Caribbean was in a no win situation at the start of your cruise no matter what they did. All one has to do is look at the threads and roll call of the previous to your cruise, the delayed Jan. 25th one or should that be now identified as the Jan.26th one.

There was such an uproar by those onboard of the change from an western to an eastern itinerary, more than about the one day delay. Carol, Merion Mom, mentioned one of the reasons for this was bad weather expected in the western Caribbean. Granted it wasn't expected to be any way close to hurricane type storm but neither was the one that Anthem went through this week by many of the weather experts.

As you can see in my signature we were on Anthem last month and two days ago I booked another Anthem cruise for next month. I have no problems what ever sailing with Capt. Andersen on a RCI ship. In fact I believe it would have been quite exciting to sail in such a storm which I have done a few times in the open Pacific and Indian oceans. The latter on a Radiance class ship dodging several Cyclones. :D

Edited by robtulipe

My take on this is Royal Caribbean was in a no win situation at the start of your cruise no matter what they did. All one has to do is look at the threads and roll call of the previous to your cruise, the delayed Jan. 25th one or should that be now identified as the Jan.26th one.

There was such an uproar by those onboard of the change from an western to an eastern itinerary, more than about the one day delay. Carol, Merion Mom, mentioned one of the reasons for this was bad weather expected in the western Caribbean. Granted it wasn't expected to be any way close to hurricane type storm but neither was the one that Anthem went through this week by many of the weather experts.

As you can see in my signature we were on Anthem last month and two days ago I booked another Anthem cruise for next month. I have no problems what ever sailing with Capt. Andersen on a RCI ship. In fact I believe it would have been quite exciting to sail in such a storm which I have done a few times in the open Pacific and Indian oceans. The latter on a Radiance class ship dodging more several Cyclones. :D

whatever floats your boat. :D....personally i really could care less where the ship goes. the ship is the destination for me but i am in the minority there. But as far as not being able to please everyone i see your point

The big mystery is why do you people still defend them ??

The big mystery to me is why someone would spend their time discussing a company they apparently dislike and are apparently not going to do business with. I like to spend my time on things that actually impact my life.

Wonder how soon we'll have a Dateline episode on this? :rolleyes:

15" screen on the laptop, but it's docked to a 22" screen, and it still scrolls. If I reduce to 50% then i can't read the drivel being spewed. :o

Nothing that you can do unless you get a different laptop with a much higher screen resolution. People post pictures big enough to blow up to 8 feet by 10 feet instead of what they should for the web.

I see all of this back and forth is still going on. From everything I've seen a great number of passengers that have been interviewed, that have posted here and on other boards are very unhappy with the fact that they were put in a life threatening situation and with the aftermath of that situation. I haven't heard many positive thoughts/stories. As a paying customer due to sail in a couple of weeks it is very unsettling. I feel really bad for the passengers sailing this coming Saturday. There is no way that they can properly fix everything before then. Everything is going to be patched up so they can go on schedule. Passengers should be careful and take precautions like wearing water shoes in the pool!

Welcome back to all that were on that horrible cruise and good luck to all boarding on Saturday!

Serious answer. No.

I want to thank you for taking all the heat lately, it gives me a break. :D

But maybe I'm just not seeing it because of the ignores.

Really, at the height of the Triumph incident, I didn't generate this many ignores.

whatever floats your boat. :D....personally i really could care less where the ship goes. the ship is the destination for me but i am in the minority there. But as far as not being able to please everyone i see your point

Yes, we feel the same way as most of our cruises have been in the Caribbean.

We debated whether to do the same Anthem itinerary, 12 night southern, at the end of march but went with the western one that is earlier and I also felt there was a better chance of a good upgrade with the guarantee we have when looking at the then cabin availability.

Then again I wouldn't want to go north to Canada nor to Bermuda at this time of the year. ;)

It just shows how they will say anything, without looking at the facts. At 45 degrees there would have been major damage and injuries. Classic example of bad news reporting. So if they got this news story wrong, how many others they broadcast daily are just as bogus or made up?

Correct.....maybe 15 degrees......but 45? Now way:rolleyes:

CassList2.jpg