Oosterdam, deck 8 aft

british betty

Are you asking about aft-facing stern cabins or just side cabins toward the back of the ship? We've stayed in both. (Our favorite was an aft-corner suite.)

If you mention the cabin number, you might hear from someone who has stayed in that exact cabin.:)

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

I just booked deck 7 aft. Will be interested in hearing about what goes on above.

We will be on deck 7 aft 4 weeks from today (yes, I'm counting!). It's 2 decks below the Lido deck with the pool and bar so I would not expect a great deal of noise overhead inside, and probably not much outside.

:D

Had 5190 (aft wrap around) on the Oosterdam this past summer to Alaska. The balcony is huge and we really enjoyed having views from the stern as well as the side. We like it so much that we booked the same suite on the Westerdam later this year. We may never leave our room!

Can experienced "HAL-ers " share their knowledge on these cabins please.

We have been on the Eurodam, but must admit to have cruised mostly on Celebrity however, pricing, dates and itinerary seem to suit us for an Oosterdam sailing.

Any info would be appreciated thanks.

We sailed 8140 on Oosterdam twice. It is an aft wrap Neptune suite and had no complaints whatsoever. The only 'noise' experienced was the nice music being played occasionally at the aft bar on Lido deck, directly above our stateroom. Didn't hear chairs scraping on the wood deck above.

As I said, no complaints whatsoever!

Are you asking about aft-facing stern cabins or just side cabins toward the back of the ship? We've stayed in both. (Our favorite was an aft-corner suite.)

If you mention the cabin number, you might hear from someone who has stayed in that exact cabin.:)

Cheers!

Am specifically interested in the aft/ wake facing cabins - 8136/8138/ 8141/ 8143 .Thanks

Am specifically interested in the aft/ wake facing cabins - 8136/8138/ 8141/ 8143 .Thanks

On Deck 8 you are right under the aft pool area. From the photo here, (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wDWekun03f4/maxresdefault.jpg) you can see that the people up there can see down onto your balcony (no matter which deck-8 cabin you have). You may also find cigarette ashes and/or butts "fall" onto your balcony.:rolleyes:

There have also been reports of early morning (4-6am) noise from the cleaning and chair movement on the pool deck.

If you are lower than deck 8, those problems go away.

Cheers!

We had an aft corner on deck 8 on Zuiderdam to Alaska and had no issues with noise above us. We've had deck 7 aft corners on Westerdam and Oosterdam. (I need a Noordam cruise to complete the "set")

Someone mentioned music. On Oosterdam, they had a steel drum band by the pool. On our balcony, it was nice distant background music.

We didn't get any cigarette ash or butts, but we did get black grot from the smokestack one morning. And the balconies will be wet (about halfway toward the railing on deck 7) when the aft pool area is hosed down in the morning. Of course, if you don't get up early, the water will have evaporated and you won't care.