Bring water to NYC port?

ALS1214

I understand folks wanting to bring soda on board, especially if you aren't a Pepsi product drinker, but I don't get it about water. The ship's water is perfectly fine. Bring a few bottles, fill them up, and put them in your little fridge...

Except for the filtered water at the buffet, the water has a strong chlorine taste and smell. It isn't "safe water" we're after, but "good tasting water." Some of us don't drink sodas or alcohol, and we can tell the difference between good tasting water and chlorinated water.

Just a tip - you may want to put masking tape around the outside of the case of water to keep the bottles from falling out.

We usually put our water in a rolling duffle bag and check it curbside.

My worry about the checked duffle is being sent to the naughty room because the xray scanner can't tell the difference between water and alcohol. Has anyone ever had a problem with this?

We usually roll ours on in a small suitcase as a carry-on, then check it until the cabins are ready. We have had security open it and make sure that all of the bottles still had their original seal.

Thanks for any info! We leave Wednesday for FL and Saturday on the cruise and I can't wait to get out of this cold and snow.

My worry about the checked duffle is being sent to the naughty room because the xray scanner can't tell the difference between water and alcohol. Has anyone ever had a problem with this?

We usually roll ours on in a small suitcase as a carry-on, then check it until the cabins are ready. We have had security open it and make sure that all of the bottles still had their original seal.

Thanks for any info! We leave Wednesday for FL and Saturday on the cruise and I can't wait to get out of this cold and snow.

We always check it and have never had a problem. We even have taken bottles of soda along with the water.

How do people pack the soda? My mom would like to bring some diet ginger ale or diet orange soda. Should she get a 12 pack or a 6 pack of bottle sodas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter, there is no limit on how much she can bring on, just what's easier for her to handle.

How do people pack the soda? My mom would like to bring some diet ginger ale or diet orange soda. Should she get a 12 pack or a 6 pack of bottle sodas

We bought 12 packs of cans and put luggage tags on them and checked them with our regular luggage. They were delivered to our cabin, but later than the luggage. Our cabin steward said they deliver pop/water after all the luggage is delivered.