Connecting cabin on IOS help

stanze5

Hello! We did our first guarantee cabin on the Indep. Of Seas and got a connecting interior room on deck 6.

I read somewhere that connecting rooms do not have a sofa or as one person posted-"half a sofa" because of the door...

Is this correct?

Also, looks like our room 6119 is close to the Pyramid Lounge. Does anyone have experience with noise issues?

Really appreciate any advice. Trying to decide whether to pay to move to next Cat.

DH is very concerned.

What about motion from the ship? We typically request midship cabins. Do you think this location will feel a lot of movement?

A lot or a little is all relative to the sea conditions, and is also a factor of your sensitivity to motion. That being said, in a more forward location such as this will be, if there is up and down motion you will tend to feel it more there than at mid-ship. But as you are on a mid-level deck it should feel less than on a higher deck. Side to side motion will be felt anywhere.

What about motion from the ship? We typically request midship cabins. Do you think this location will feel a lot of movement?

Unpredictable, except that for a given set of conditions, you will feel more motion in that stateroom than midship and low.

Seriously, if you wanted a particular type cabin (non-connecting) in a particular location, why on earth did you book a guarantee? Being Platinum means nothing in cabin assignment. You can always pay to upgrade.

Seriously, if you wanted a particular type cabin (non-connecting) in a particular location, why on earth did you book a guarantee? Being Platinum means nothing in cabin assignment. You can always pay to upgrade.

And with no agenda in this response other than as a statement of fact, if C&A tier status was a consideration, you would only have seniority with Gold members as Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle would all be ahead of you in that consideration. So there would really not be much leverage with you for stateroom assignment.

Thank you for the helpful input. We typically do not do guarantees either. It was a very last minute trip with friends and since their budget only allowed for a guarantee we decided to book in the same category as they did, in hopes our rooms would be close (which they are) and knowing they could not afford to pay more, we did not want to appear to be "upstaging" them. It will be fine, I am sure. Thanks again!

Hi ,

if this is of any help, i had a balcony once on that floor on the front of the six deck. It was not bad at all. Being that you all smack in the middle, but in the front,i it may not be bad?

As for connecting rooms, we never had problems with connecting rooms. You can always put a towel down to muffle sounds, if you do. I would never switch rooms, just because it was a connecting room.

Yes, it is a smaller couch, but do you have a 3rd person , using the couch??

Hey, a cruise is a cruise.

Have fun and enjoy!!

I did. They said our category is sold out. I would need to pay for upgrade. We are platinum members so I was hoping for a bit better assignment.

Check daily or a few times a day to see if a cabin shows up in your category. If is does, call and have it switched. You don't say when your cruise is so we don't know how close you are to actual sailing. A non connecting cabin could come up within you category the week before sailing and you can still switch it

I would watch, watch, watch and not pay for an upgrade.

Check daily or a few times a day to see if a cabin shows up in your category. If is does, call and have it switched. You don't say when your cruise is so we don't know how close you are to actual sailing. A non connecting cabin could come up within you category the week before sailing and you can still switch it

I would watch, watch, watch and not pay for an upgrade.

Thanks! That is a good idea!