Weather in the med now(feb 16)

lindabodrum

Part of the answer depends on where you are sailing n the Mediterranean, but generally speaking this time of year it can be cold and rainy. So layering is key and a coat to keep you warm and a hat and even gloves might be needed in some ports. Ideally, a waterproof jacket.

Keith

Yes should've been more specific. I actually spent the last four winters living in Athens and weather could vary from shirts in February to thick sweaters and coats. We will be starting in Barcelona but not sightseeing,embarkation day only . Then onto Genoa, Marseilles Rome Palermo and Valetta , the latter two will be mild I expect.

What's it like just now and what are you wearing for sightseeing. Wonder if I will need boots, winter coat ...want to minimize what I take for offshore

If you live in Lapland, you won't need a winter coat. If you live in Northern Australia, you will. Perhaps you could ask the question again, saying where you come from and where you want to go? ;)